PDA

View Full Version : D-line

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Did Justin Harrell play today? I didn't see him on the field at all.

With two DT's inactive, Williams and Pickett must have taken a hell of a lot of snaps. Of course they were in pass defense a lot.

MJZiggy
01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Harrell broke through the line to stop Alexander for a loss in the 3rd quarter. Otherwise as far as I can tell he held his ground.

RashanGary
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
He played. I saw one play where he got absolutly man handled on a double team when he was rushing the passer. Williams ended up getting in there with a single blocker. He blew up one nice run play (the one Ziggy is talking about). Other than that, he played, but was sort of invisible.

The Leaper
01-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Other than that, he played, but was sort of invisible.

Seattle ran for 20 yards. I think the entire DL...Harrell included...played pretty well.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
I thought they lacked pass rush today. I would have liked to see Hasselback hurried more. It's almost like he missed throws, his WR's dropped them or Bigby hit them. Very rarely was it pressure.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2008, 12:06 AM
The conditions made it tough. You aren't going to get a quick start in that snow. I don't think they were bad. They rarely blitzed.

Harlan Huckleby
Neither team had a pass rush. I think that soggy turf really slowed-down the pass rush on both sides.

The Leaper
I thought they lacked pass rush today. I would have liked to see Hasselback hurried more. It's almost like he missed throws, his WR's dropped them or Bigby hit them. Very rarely was it pressure.

Tough for any DL to get pressure when footing is that bad. Unless you bring a blitz, you won't get to the QB very often when the field is covered in snow.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Good point with the footing. Hopefully that's all it was and they do a little better on Romo. I hear their LT has problems with speed rushers so maybe KGB can have a big day.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Nobody has mentioned this, but A.J. Hawk made some big plays early defensively. After Green Bay cut it to 14-7, the defense stopped him and I think A.J. deflected a pass when he was covering Burleson and made a nice tackle for little gain. Then, on the next series he made a couple of more plays. The guy quietly does an outstanding job.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I like the way he just tossed Alexander back on one play. He just decleated him and flung him backwards.

Poppinga deserves a lot of credit for going from weak link to SOLID as well.