PDA

View Full Version : To quote Charlie Daniels....

Homer Jay
01-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Brett Favre....

I done told you once, you son of a gun, he's the best that's ever been.

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Ya got the quote a little wanky, but M3 said basically the same thing. Someone asked if he was ever awed watching Favre in a game, if he ever said "wow." Coach replied, "I went 'wow' and I'm glad he completed it (shovel pass to Lee). It didn't begin with 'wow.' He's a special player...the best that's ever been."

The Leaper
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Was this the first game this season that Favre actually wore the C patch to signify him as a team captain? Has anyone seen why he choose to do that in the postseason?

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Maybe they don't let you hang with the nun if you don't have it on...

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 10:24 AM
That was one of the best games by a QB that I've ever seen. His numbers were not through the roof but he managed to balance not making one single mistake, throwing perfect passes and still mixing in a "wow, how the hell did he do that" play on a critical 3rd down all at the same time. Amazing game by Favre. He was our best player and it wasn't even close. He was the best player in the NFL at age 38 for that one game. I've never seen it done any better.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Was a true leader too. Didn't panic. Just went out, made the plays that were there. He gave support to Ryan Grant. I can't say enough about the way he played. This team has confidence now. Favre can do this, but he has to have someone in his ear holding him back just a little becuase I think he has a little tendancy (if not coached) to do the erratic. He wasn't erratic at all yesterday. He was perfect.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 10:27 AM
The legend grows. That fade to Jennings with the snow falling and that stumble play will be forever cemented in Packer lore.

VegasPackFan
01-13-2008, 11:53 AM
It will be important next week (if we go to Dallas) for Favre to draw on this performance. Even down 14 points early he stayed perfectly within the system and kept the chains moving and the points racking up.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 04:40 PM
The legend grows.

yes, yes it does.

http://z.about.com/d/nashville/1/0/q/Q/1/CharlieDaniels23.jpg