PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wist.....

PackerTimer
01-13-2008, 10:53 AM
obviously everybody is happy after yesterday, but you, in particular, have to be pretty happy after that game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was't one of your question marks for this team, going back to the Sherman era, has been their toughness. After the way the defense was hitting yesterday and the way they just ran the ball down the throats of the Seachickens has to make you happy.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I hate to blame it on one guy becuase it was mroe than that, but firing Mike Sherman seems like a real blessing for this team. 2 years after he's gone and we won more games in a season than he ever won and we are further in the playoffs than he ever was.

He thought he was a leader. He thought he had everything figured out. He just didn't have it. Sometimes it's better to have skill, talent and a feel for the game than to follow the little cookie cutter leadership books that he always quoted.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 11:08 AM
All MM and TT needed to do was give it a nice new coat of paint. The dream house was here. Excuses are for losers. Thankfully we got rid of the bad architect and replaced him with a skilled one.

Lurker64
01-13-2008, 11:40 AM
All MM and TT needed to do was give it a nice new coat of paint. The dream house was here. Excuses are for losers. Thankfully we got rid of the bad architect and replaced him with a skilled one.

A new coat of paint, and 20 or so new players...

vince
01-13-2008, 11:46 AM

More like 39. Almost 80% of the roster has been turned over since TT came on to the scene 3 years ago.

KYPack
01-13-2008, 12:35 PM

More like 39. Almost 80% of the roster has been turned over since TT came on to the scene 3 years ago.

I was just gonna say, this IS a rebuild job. Those two have pulled off a badly needed personnel turnover. Not only that, M3 brings a new sense of toughness, accountability and persistence that Sherm's regime lacked.

We are a headin' to the NFC Championship game with one of the youngest teams in the league.

That's a big thing.

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 01:20 PM
They are the third youngest team in the league, but the fact is they have a nice blend of veteran players and young players and that is a big reason why this team is so balanced.

Really the credit is to the personel department, finding new talent at almost all positions.

Willard
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
They are the third youngest team in the league, but the fact is they have a nice blend of veteran players and young players and that is a big reason why this team is so balanced.

Really the credit is to the personel department, finding new talent at almost all positions.

Agreed. I am happy Atlanta did not raid our Personnel Department. Atlanta's continued futility is assured. If Reggie finds a bigger job, good for him. If he doesnt, good for the Packers.

woodbuck27
01-13-2008, 01:42 PM

I was just gonna say, this IS a rebuild job. Those two have pulled off a badly needed personnel turnover. Not only that, M3 brings a new sense of toughness, accountability and persistence that Sherm's regime lacked.

We are a headin' to the NFC Championship game with one of the youngest teams in the league.

That's a big thing.

The team is maturing rapidly as well. The team believes in Mike McCarthy and Favre's entusiasm. I really feel a Super Bowl game today after that fine performance yesterday.

Just another football match-up but a ton of experience and growth can come of that come from behind win. As well acknowledgement of that fr. the teams leaders fr. MM to Favre to Driver and Barnett and Al Harris and Woodson. Then we have Kampman and KGB playing well and Cullen Jenkins and Hawk was into it also yesterday. Atari Bigby is really into it Packer fans. Nick Collins almost visable as well. He can step it up,hopefully.

Let's win next week and who says the Pat's can't be beat? Well a lot of people but '' any given Sunday ''. **

** In fact the Pats are a formidable football team resembling an ALL STAR Team. They do look like a team that won't be denied but in a sense so do the Packers and that way, as a team.

The bubble can't burst for me, as this is way more that I ever imagined possible this year. It's not just heady stuff but real. How bad do we want it?

FAVRE wants it bad and that's a good thing folks. Get him the best massuese on the planet though or even some accupunture to keep him calm if we have to go to Dallas. Dall and favre and 0-9 really causes me to swollow saliva. :)

PACKERS FOREVER!

It's all about now. Not next season but NOW.

Scott Campbell
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
I really feel a Super Bowl game today after that fine performance yesterday.

As long as Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers noone here will enjoy a visit to the Super Bowl moreso a Lombardi Trophy. Ted Thompason will have to change a great deal for me to eat that one.

Do you really think Ted magically changed in less than a week? Make up your fucking mind you moron.