PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers - Playoffs

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
By Deputy Nutz

The game could not have had a worse start and a better finish...Read the rest! (http://www.packerrats.com)

KYPack
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice job, Nutz.

I rarely disagree with you, but the loser tag on Collins is overly harsh.

He had a good old fashion game, made some plays and had a few fuck-ups. He played hard and covered his area pretty well.

You old lineman always blame the backs, I know, but in this case, I disagree with the criticism.

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Nice job, Nutz.

He had a good old fashion game, made some plays and had a few fuck-ups. He played hard and covered his area pretty well.

You old lineman always blame the backs, I know, but in this case, I disagree with the criticism.

Who else am I going to criticize?

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Nice problem to have, ain't it?

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Weathermen who don't recognize the power of Lambeau?

Fat people who take up too much space on the seat?

Troy Aikman?

There are plenty of culprits to criticize.

GrnBay007
01-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Nice report Nutz

Leaper- love the new avatar. :D

KYPack
01-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Nice job, Nutz.

Try Brandon Jackson, Nutz.

That roughing the kicker penalty is a major fuck-up and a rookie play all the way.

oregonpackfan
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Another "winner" that should have been included was Bubba Franks.

Many fans look at his contributions as just catching 1 pass for 7 yards. What particularly stood out was his solid blocking. When the cameras showed replays of some of Grants' runs and Favre's completed passes, I noticed that Franks was making key blocks.

In the snowy, the running game became more important than the passing game. It was through Franks' run blocking, that Grant had more room to run.

Franks skills as a pass catcher have diminished, but his blocking remains as strong as ever.

Deputy Nutz
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Nice job, Nutz.

Try Brandon Jackson, Nutz.

That roughing the kicker penalty is a major fuck-up and a rookie play all the way.

Jackson had a terrible mistake, but his touchdown catch more than made up for it, just like Grant more than made up for his fumbles. Jackson showed excellent burst after catching the ball and scooted down the sideline. It was a nice run and is a glimpse into the future. hopefully Grant and Jackson will be a nice tandem in the backfield for the next couple of years.

Guiness
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Another "winner" that should have been included was Bubba Franks.

Many fans look at his contributions as just catching 1 pass for 7 yards. What particularly stood out was his solid blocking. When the cameras showed replays of some of Grants' runs and Favre's completed passes, I noticed that Franks was making key blocks.

In the snowy, the running game became more important than the passing game. It was through Franks' run blocking, that Grant had more room to run.

Franks skills as a pass catcher have diminished, but his blocking remains as strong as ever.

One block in particular stood out, on the Pack's second TD drive - the one where they ran Grant almost every play. Bubba went up the middle, and re-directed Peterson enough for Grant to get by him - Grant then ran for 20+ yards. Couldn't have happened without the block.

Yes, he did have only one catch, but that's the one where they challenged the spot, avoiding a 4th and inches. Bubba really stretched out to get an extra foot or so, and it made all the difference.

Yes, he was a winner Saturday.

Guiness
01-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I see Collins as one of the losers, with missed tackles credited to him. On Seattle's FG scoring drive in the second quarter, some secondary player had a couple of big whiffs on tackles. Couldn't get the number, but it was in the 30's. Was that him?

I've got the game taped, and could get the times if it helps - I'm awful curious to know who waved at the WR on his way by. Looked like he had his head down, trying to do an Atari impression, and flubbed it.