PDA

View Full Version : NFC Championship Game is at Lambeau Field

Jerry Tagge
01-13-2008, 07:27 PM
How good does that sound?? Packers host the NFC Championship Game.

It's especially great after dealing with Bears clowns last year. Now the Packers are home for the NFC Championship.

This is the most surprising, most unbelievable season I've ever seen. It just keeps getting better.

The best ending would be a Super Bowl XXXI rematch with the Packers winning again.

Now that would be a "PERFECT" season!

pack4to84
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Press-Gazette

The road to Super Bowl XLII goes through Lambeau Field.

The Green Bay Packers will host the New York Giants in next Sunday’s NFC championship game after the Giants defeated the Dallas Cowboys 21-17 on Sunday evening at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas.

The game will be at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20.

CaliforniaCheez
01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
George Halas Trophy will be presented post game.

b bulldog
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
TT will have to give a speech :lol:

Carolina_Packer
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM

And the TT haters will have to listen! Unless they mute the volume! :lol:

packinpatland
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
"It's especially great after dealing with Bears clowns last year. Now the Packers are home for the NFC Championship."

reminds me...... .............where has Bearman been?
:twisted:

digitaldean
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Remember the Karma of the of the SB XXXII run....

Cowboys get upset by Carolina, Pack goes on to beat Carolina to win go to and win the SB!!

Cowgirls get upset by the Giants = ?????

Carolina_Packer
01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
If we win next week and make it to the Super Bowl and play the Patiots, it will be somewhat like when we played Denver 10 years ago and were heavily favored. They ran zone blocking, had an old QB trying to win a Super Bowl at the end of his illustrious career and had a running back who was drafted in the 6th round. Could history be somewhat repeating itself? Hope so.

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 08:30 PM

Cowboys get upset by Carolina, Pack goes on to beat Carolina to win go to and win the SB!!

b bulldog
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
i WAS THINKING THAT TODAY AND WE'LL BE DOUBLE DIGIT DOGS AS THE bRONCOS WERE.

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
"It's especially great after dealing with Bears clowns last year. Now the Packers are home for the NFC Championship."

:twisted:

He was in the game thread yesterday looking for bogus calls against the Pack, because bad officiating and the suggestion that Nick Barnett has something to do with the bad calls is all he has left.

CaliforniaCheez
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071221

I'm just plain terrified by the possibility of a Pats-Packers Super Bowl -- not only will 90 percent of the crowd be Packers fans, not only will the entire country be galvanized behind one team like nothing we've seen since "USA 4, USSR 3," but it will be humanly impossible for the officials to avoid secretly rooting for the Pack in that one. How could you help it?

Subconsciously, wouldn't you give Green Bay every break without even knowing it? Seeing Favre carry a team to a Super Bowl title at his age, with all the miles he's carrying, would be the best Father Time-defying sports moment since Jack Nicklaus won the '86 Masters … unless you count Hulk Hogan recapturing the WWE title in 2002.

Jimx29
01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
George Halas Trophy will be presented post game.As will T.O

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 09:34 PM

I wouldn't call it a speech. It'd be more of an assortment of words put together to make a series of coherent sentences.

Ted doesn't play by the rules of society.

Jerry Tagge
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM

You mean Super Bowl XXXI run. Packers beat Tampa Bay 21-7 and San Francisco 23-10 to go to Super Bowl XXXII.

MTPackerfan
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
This is so freakin great!!! Championship game at Lambeau in January. FOotball the way it was meant to be played. I envy those who get to attend this one.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
i WAS THINKING THAT TODAY AND WE'LL BE DOUBLE DIGIT DOGS AS THE bRONCOS WERE.

Exactly. Also, it turns out the Broncos were pretty damn good and repeated as Super Bowl champions with that old QB.
:D

BTW, do you stare at your keyboard when you type? I'd think you'd notice the caps lock is on.
:D

wist43
01-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Entirely too cool!!!!

How's everyone been??? Haven't been around in a while... GB doesn't have to go thru big D, but I do - takes a lot of time and energy :)

Thrilled to see the Pack where they are, but I've missed a lot of it :(

Anyway, hi everybody... I'll try to drop in a little more often - wife (soon to be ex) is finally mellowing out a bit :)

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Good to see ya, Wist. Where ya been?

MadtownPacker
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
He was trying to find a way to apologize to Barnett. :lol:

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Entirely too cool!!!!

How's everyone been??? Haven't been around in a while... GB doesn't have to go thru big D, but I do - takes a lot of time and energy :)

Thrilled to see the Pack where they are, but I've missed a lot of it :(

Anyway, hi everybody... I'll try to drop in a little more often - wife (soon to be ex) is finally mellowing out a bit :)

This ex thing is becoming epidemic at PR. I hope people aren't spending too much time with the rats and not enough time with the wifey's and hubby's.
...of course it's hard not to. :D

Good luck wist.

superfan
01-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Who would have thought that the second game of the season would be a preview of the NFC championship game?

Hopefully the final score is repeated. :D

:cow:

oregonpackfan
01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
:twisted:[/quote]

Rumor has it that Bearman became fascinated with Carolina_Packer's avatar of Bigfoot and is wandering around the Blue and Cascade Mountains searching for his new Soulmate! :)

Badgerinmaine
01-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Who would have thought that the second game of the season would be a preview of the NFC championship game?

Hopefully the final score is repeated. :D

A-a-men! a-a-amen! A-amen, amen, amen.
It's hard to believe this all is happening. It was great to be back home and see the win with my family...just like the old days in the 1970s when they were done by this time of the year.