PDA

View Full Version : packers vrs giants

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
In addition to the bye week, the Packers get an extra day of rest this week against the Giants. Not a huge deal, but it helps. Packers are healthier and less worn down. I like their chances.

Lurker64
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
And an extra day to prepare, since they don't have to travel.

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Plus the Giants offensive line and secondary took some injury hits today, Justin Tuck went down with an ankle and Tollefson had to come in for Strahan because he had a quad or hip problem that was taped up. He had to come in for the injured Tuck and could generate nothing of a pass rush.

The Giants were down to a practice squad corner, grant it he did an excellent job, but still.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Giants had grueling games against New England, tampa, dallas. you got to admire what they've done, but they've got a lot of banged-up players as a result.

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
In addition to the bye week, the Packers get an extra day of rest this week against the Giants. Not a huge deal, but it helps. Packers are healthier and less worn down. I like their chances.

Enough time to go to Mexico? Jessica might still be there!?

The Leaper
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Giants had grueling games against New England, tampa, dallas. you got to admire what they've done, but they've got a lot of banged-up players as a result.

Yeah, both the CHargers and Giants are very beat up right now. Teams with that bye always have a huge advantage.

RashanGary
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Extra day helps.
Home game helps.
Health helps
Other team coming off a brutal road stretch of travelling and playing tough games helps

This is just like the Packer/Cowboy game except we're on the winning side of all the odds. All we need is a couple cheap calls by the refs to go our way and it will be a repeat of what happened 5 weeks ago with us ending up on top.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Enough time to go to Mexico? Jessica might still be there!?

i confess, i saw jessic simpson on "The View".

She seems like an OK person, not at all a Bimbo. She is marketing a range of fashion products (all under $100), priced for her Walmart fans. She's got it going.

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 08:08 PM
The Giants did just about everything in the last 6 minutes to give the game to the Cowboys. I am cautiously optimistic but the Giants offense really puts very little fear in me at this point.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Troy Aikman called it right: Giants got too conservative at end of game.
Run-run-run-punt. Run-run-pass-punt.

I was particularly irritated when they ran with 2:05 seconds on the clock. Might as well pass there - the clock is stopping for 2 minute anyway.

Guess everybody can't be as smart as me.

CaliforniaCheez
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Anyone notice all the injuries in the Giant's secondary that stands in the way of the Packers getting the George Halas trophy.

b bulldog
01-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I hope Madison stays on the shelf this week

Carolina_Packer
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
If we win next week and make it to the Super Bowl and play the Patiots, it will be somewhat like when we played Denver 10 years ago and were heavily favored. They ran zone blocking, had an old QB trying to win a Super Bowl at the end of his illustrious career and had a running back who was drafted in the 6th round. Could history be somewhat repeating itself? Hope so.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
If we win next week and make it to the Super Bowl and play the Patiots, it will be somewhat like when we played Denver 10 years ago and were heavily favored. They ran zone blocking, had an old QB trying to win a Super Bowl at the end of his illustrious career and had a running back who was drafted in the 6th round. Could history be somewhat repeating itself? Hope so.

ya, i was thinking about this too! Could be a John Elway moment for Favre. Except, Elway didn;t have a ring, so not quite so dramatic.