PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be rooting for between the Chargers and Pats?

SudsMcBucky
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
There are plus sides to both winning.

If the Chargers win, obviously we will not have to face the VERY powerful NE offense, and possibly the best team in the history of the NFL, in the Super Bowl.

However, if the Patsies win, GB would have a chance to pull the big upset and possibly provide one of the greatest thrills ever, if they were able to beat them.

I still am rooting for the Chargers, though.

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I LOVE THAT AVATAR !!!

I would consider myself somewhat of a Patriot Fan; they are in my top 4 most liked teams.

But first things first; Green Bay has a good chance of winning next week.

Their chances IMO are much greater to beat SD than NE

So I will cheer for the Chargers

gbgary
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
chargers but they don't stand a chance against the pats. they could sit the starters at halftime and play back-ups with the lead they'll have.

Harlan Huckleby
01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
what do you mean it's all over. Was it all over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I would consider myself somewhat of a Patriot Fan; they are in my top 4 most liked teams.

Why ? WHY ?? WHY ???

packinpatland
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
"I would consider myself somewhat of a Patriot Fan; they are in my top 4 most liked teams. "

I'm in too good of a mood to even start.............. :roll:

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
"I would consider myself somewhat of a Patriot Fan; they are in my top 4 most liked teams. "

I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'm cheering for SD :?:

Carolina_Packer
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Go Chargers! I hope they have the game of their lives and then play poorly in the Super Bowl.

retailguy
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
what do you mean it's all over. Was it all over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

:shock: The Germans DID NOT bomb Pearl Harbor..... :shock: It was the JAPANESE.

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 08:23 PM

No it was Ninjas :roll: Or it could've been...

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I want the Patriots to win because then it will be Hero Rebels(Packers) against the evil empire(Pats). It is destiny.

packinpatland
01-13-2008, 08:25 PM

I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'm cheering for SD :?:

I know that first you are a Packer fan..........so of course you would cheer on SD............... it's your 'loyalty' to the Pats that makes me wonder. :wink:

gbgary
01-13-2008, 08:25 PM

lol

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I want the Patriots to win because then it will be Hero Rebels(Packers) against the evil empire(Pats). It is destiny.

Amen!

Carolina_Packer

I believe he was quoting "Animal House"

PlantPage55

Go. Rent. Animal House.....NOW!

mmmdk
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I loathe Cowboys, Bears, Vikings & Cheaters. :D Now that's a real Packer fan loathe list!

GBRulz
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM

I second that

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM

I second that

Much as I would appreciate the easier road, that does kinda have a bit of poetry to it, doesn't it?

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM

I second that

Much as I would appreciate the easier road, that does kinda have a bit of poetry to it, doesn't it?

It does. Listen, I wouldn't complain if the Chargers won, but the NE/GB storyline would be one of the best in recent memory. Favre vs Brady. Good vs. Evil. Dynasty vs. Cinderella.

The media hype would be crazy. You can bet they'll be rooting for Pats/Packers.

I will be to.

BallHawk
But let's just beat the Giants first. :D

Partial
Neither. Bring on the better team of the two of them. I want to be the best.

gex
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Anybody who rooted for the Giants to win today should be rooting for the Chargers next week. Perfect scenerio would of been to go to Dallas win then beat the unbeatable in the Super Bowl.

b bulldog
01-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I am actually starting to think the Packers upsetting the Pats may be in the works. I might be looking through my grren and gold glasses but things seem to be falling into place for us.

esoxx
01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Easy choice:

Chargers

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM

Why ? WHY ?? WHY ???

Pats fan? I never understand how people can like more than one team.

Partial
01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
I am actually starting to think the Packers upsetting the Pats may be in the works. I might be looking through my grren and gold glasses but things seem to be falling into place for us.

echoed

MadtownPacker
01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
The patriots. It is the ultimate storyline. The NFL exec are drooling over the matchup. I have to admit I want to see it too.

patriots are not losing to the chargers anyways.

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM

Why ? WHY ?? WHY ???

It's quite easy when you follow all the teams pretty closely. You can partially blame fantasy football for that :lol:

The Rams have been my second favorite team since the 70's. Most of that was due to my early hatred for Dallas and Roger Stauback. The Rams were always contending with them so I developed a liking to Pat Hayden and then Vince Ferragamo. Back then the Packers for the most part stunk for a long time.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2008, 10:00 PM

Go. Rent. Animal House.....NOW!

Forget it. He's rolling.

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
For anybody that hasn't seen the movie....

http://www.killerclips.com/clip.php?id=123&qid=1558

Top left hand corner of the screen. :D

Badgerinmaine
01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Hmmm...but from the same site, is this what the Giants will be thinking?
http://www.killerclips.com/clip.php?id=126&qid=1860

4and12to12and4
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM

I second that

3rd that. Can I get a witness!!

VegasPackFan
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
If the Chargers win, then I think you get a lot of people saying we got off easy by dodging both Dallas and NE to take the title.

I would almost like to go agianst the Pats in this one. It would be a great story and we have nothing to lose in that scenario.

mmmdk
01-14-2008, 04:05 AM

Why ? WHY ?? WHY ???

It's quite easy when you follow all the teams pretty closely. You can partially blame fantasy football for that :lol:

The Rams have been my second favorite team since the 70's. Most of that was due to my early hatred for Dallas and Roger Stauback. The Rams were always contending with them so I developed a liking to Pat Hayden and then Vince Ferragamo. Back then the Packers for the most part stunk for a long time.

I, somewhat, understand. I admire players too but I am not a fan of other teams; I do like Arizona since I was born there. Also New Orleans due to Danish kicker Morten Andersen and my eldest brother is a Saints fan. But I am only a crazy fan of Green Bay Packers - for better or worse!

twoseven
01-14-2008, 04:21 AM

Do you mind if we dance wiff yo dates?

twoseven
01-14-2008, 04:28 AM
If the Chargers win, then I think you get a lot of people saying we got off easy by dodging both Dallas and NE to take the title.

I would almost like to go agianst the Pats in this one. It would be a great story and we have nothing to lose in that scenario.

I think the only thing people would remember is who won, primarily that wit would have been BF's last game (I wager). Just like Elway is about all you remember from his last run, do you even automatically remember who he beat in his second game? It was ATL and while most people know that, I bet it isn't engraved in your memory.

GrnBay007
01-14-2008, 08:17 AM
New England is favored by 15 over the Chargers.

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 08:26 AM
I want the Patriots to win...

simply because I also posted that I wanted the Cowboys to win, and they didn't.

Zool
01-14-2008, 09:39 AM

Forget it. Bluto's rolling.