PDA

View Full Version : The Eraser's next task

Partial
01-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Michael Strahan.

What is a good nickname for Clifton? At any rate, his match-up is Osi Umenyiora.

Not an easy week at all for our tackles. Definitely as big if not bigger of a task than the Seahawks!!

On an unrelated note, it is good to know that our guys are heating and cooling their injuries and watching tape while NY is just boarding a flight to head back to NY, only to dead tired and in a scramble tomorrow. Meanwhile, our boys in GB are probably up dissecting the Giants/Cowboys game already.

What should Clifton's nickname be?

BallHawk
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought Reggie Nelson was the Eraser? :?:

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought Strahan had a hammy at the end of the game...

Partial
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I thought Reggie Nelson was the Eraser? :?:

No, he was featured in a video by Erasure, though. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_8woQ-HEA)

Partial
01-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I thought Strahan had a hammy at the end of the game...

I believe he did, but I'm sure he'll be playing regardless. At any rate, Kiwanuka will probably get quite a few snaps then and he is a pretty good end.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Kiwanuka was moved to LB before the year (that's what happens when you already have Strahan, Osi, and Tuck), and then went on IR midway through the year.

Partial
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Kiwanuka was moved to LB before the year (that's what happens when you already have Strahan, Osi, and Tuck), and then went on IR midway through the year.

I didn't know he went on IR, but I believe I read they moved him back to DE earlier in the year, though. I recall that being one of the reasons they cited for their early season struggles.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2008, 10:46 PM

I didn't know he went on IR, but I believe I read they moved him back to DE earlier in the year, though. I recall that being one of the reasons they cited for their early season struggles.

Nope. They thought they might have to when Strahan was doing his... is he going to play or not routine, but they kept him there. He was starting to become a damn good player, but Gerris Wilkinson is a better coverage LB, so it probably ended up helping the Giants. I'm in a Madden franchise type fantasy football league where I have Osi, Kiwanuka, and Wilkinson.

Partial
01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
So what on earth are they going to do with him? He'll be a more expensive Poppinga and a waste of a first imo as I don't see him with the speed to be a coverage backer.

Partial
01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Chad the white whale Clifton?

ny10804
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/253059

The Big Lamborghini, according to Mark Tauscher.

superfan
01-13-2008, 11:06 PM

"Clift Crusty"? :D

Partial
01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
I like it. The big Lamborghini and the eraser!

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM

"Clift Crusty"? :D :lol: :lol:

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 11:14 PM

"Clift Crusty"? :D

Where has he been?

Deputy Nutz
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Strahan hurt his hamstring and Tuck had to be helped off the field with and ankle. Both had tape jobs on their injuries, Tuck's ankle was earlier in the game.

Lurker64
01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Considering that Romo got eaten alive late in the game running slow developing pass routes and deep throws, and considering that we're one of the best teams in the league when it comes to quick slants and three step drops, I think the gameplan will involve a lot of plays where the pass rushers wouldn't get there even if nobody bothered to block.

We lead the league in RAC, and the Giants secondary is banged up and wasn't very good to begin with, so just throw the four yard pass and let the receivers make plays. Strahan isn't going to chase down Greg Jennings, after all.