PDA

View Full Version : Poll- Packers VS Giants

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Most watched the Giants play today against Dallas. They are not exactly the same team the Packers faced earlier in the year. What's your take on the game next weekend?

gbgary
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
not gonna vote......don't want to anger the gods. :bow:

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Packers by 7+. Nice that we don't have to face Shockey. Packers WR's have an edge over Giant DB's.

superfan
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
I've been cautiously optimistic about the Pack all season, but it wasn't until the Seattle game that I thought this team is really, really good.

I wasn't impressed by either the Cowboys or Giants.

NY is a different team, but so is GB. Barring a clunker, I see GB winning this one going away.

Unbelievable.

Bretsky
Where is the option of between 3 and 7 ? :lol:

GrnBay007

There's hot chili for you, if you vote.... :P

LOL

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 11:05 PM

There's always gotta be one complainer in the crowd!! :P

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Those of us going to the game will need some hot chili after the game. This will be my first Packer game in bitterly cold weather.

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM

There's always gotta be one complainer in the crowd!! :P

It's very apparent to me that the person who created this thread has little success in the sports gambling world; at least she pays up her debts though :wink:

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
It's very apparent to me that the person who created this thread has little success in the sports gambling world; at least she pays up her debts though :wink:

LOL nice that you finally admitted that!! Now it would appear you are the only one that has not paid up. 8-)

oregonpackfan
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
The Giants are definitely stronger than when the Packers played them earlier.

Eli Manning is more confident and has the team united around him. The defense is stronger and more cohesive.

I look for a Packer win by 3 or 4 points.

4and12to12and4
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
I've been cautiously optimistic about the Pack all season, but it wasn't until the Seattle game that I thought this team is really, really good.

I wasn't impressed by either the Cowboys or Giants.

NY is a different team, but so is GB. Barring a clunker, I see GB winning this one going away.

Unbelievable.

Completely agree. Most of the season I thought we were in the top 10 teams, but not at that higher level like the Colts, Chargers, Cowboys, Jags, etc.. Now, I feel that we are the best team in the NFC and can play with anyone in the AFC except maybe the Pats. At the beginning of the season I picked the Pats and Boys in the Bowl. Now, I feel that we have a much better defense than the Boys and now that we have found Grant and the O-line seems to be really catching on to this zone scheme, we are one of the elite offenses in the league, with the Colts and the Pats. I think these three teams have a level of offense that is better than the rest of the league, and Grant is the PERFECT fit for zone blocking because of his ability to be at full speed almost immediately after he cuts. With Brett having the best year in his career (thanks to McCarthy's playcalling and coaching) he has taken his game to another level that we have never seen before. He plays as smart as Brady or Peyton and has a better arm than both of them, and our defense, even without Jolly, is as good as ANY in the league. I think we have a better shot to give the Pats a game than any other team in the league!

If we play against the Pats in the Superbowl it will be a HUGE game in Brett's career. If Brady beats him, Brady will go down in history as the best QB ever, if Brett beats Brady, or even outplays him and we lose a close game, Brett will go down in history as the best QB ever. Think about it, if Brett outplays Brady when Brady is in his prime and Brett is 38, people will remember him as the greatest QB in history, guaranteed. This could be the greatest year in Packers history if we knock off the "team of perfection". Favre will become the greatest legend in football history (he's damn near that already). What a great season!! What a great time to be a Packers fan. I am in heaven!!!!

Joemailman
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM

You believe in a god other than Favre? Blasphemy!!!

I think your sig should be jerry :evil: jones or jerry :bang: jones

4and12to12and4
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM

You believe in a god other than Favre? Blasphemy!!!

I think your sig should be jerry :evil: jones or jerry :bang: jones

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bretsky
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM

LOL nice that you finally admitted that!! Now it would appear you are the only one that has not paid up. 8-)

I've told you over and over I'll send the gal over to do the lapper whenever you want me to :lol: :lol:

GrnBay007
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM

I've told you over and over I'll send the gal over to do the lapper whenever you want me to :lol: :lol:

:butt:

:roll:

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Seattle's defense came in to Green Bay with just as many superlative adjectives...and the weather and Green Bay OL absolutely dominated them.

I would expect the same thing to happen next weekend. It won't be a fast track, and that will favor the Packer offense and defense IMO.

Green Bay, if it plays like it has the majority of the season, will win this game by double digits.

Badgerinmaine
01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
The first Packers-Giants game this season was pretty close until the 4th quarter. I think the Pack will win but it will be tougher than a lot of Packers fans think.

gureski
01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
The injury factor in the Giants secondary combined with the strength of the Packers passing attack and the fact that G.B. has been home over the past 3 weeks while the Giants have been crossing all over the country playing emotionally draining football games is the reason why I think the Packers will win this one by 7+. Home field advantage is so huge in this one. G.B. is rested and healthy while the Giants have been battling the injury factor and travel. The Packers should win this game. Sure, the Giants could win but the Packers should win. They have talent and circumstances in place to clinch a trip to the Superbowl.

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
The Packers should win this game. Sure, the Giants could win but the Packers should win. They have talent and circumstances in place to clinch a trip to the Superbowl.

I agree.

If Green Bay was a team that was going to fold under pressure, going down 14-0 after 5 minutes on your home turf is as good a place as any to do so.

However, Green Bay showed the composure and confidence of a true title contender.

The Giants are a good team...but they were playing on fumes that last quarter against Dallas. They got a huge win, but it reminded me A LOT of the Packers beating SF in the regular season before they got dumped by ATL in the playoffs a few years back. It takes a lot out of you to win big games like that, and I'm not sure the Giants have much left to give.

Badgerinmaine
01-14-2008, 12:43 PM
True, the Giants have had to travel for their playoff wins, but so did the 2005 Steelers. They didn't have to travel as much but did have to win at Cincinnati, at Indy and at Denver before beating Seattle in the Super Bowl.

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
True, the Giants have had to travel for their playoff wins, but so did the 2005 Steelers.

Yes, but the Steelers were a team that had a much more complete team IMO. They relied almost exclusively on a dominant run game, and had a great defense. The Giants have an OK run game and an OK defense.

It isn't the travel that would worry me as a Giant fan. It is the level of endurance. The Steelers beat teams in 2005 by forcing their will on them by and large. The Giants haven't done that. The Giants have had to scrap and claw...and eventually you run out of juice.

Even though the Giants won, I think you could literally see that juice coming up empty late in the game. Their offense couldn't move the ball a lick when they had the chance to ice the game...and Dallas had chances to win that game, but shot themselves in the foot several times with poor penalties and frustration.

cheesner
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM

There is only one God - so you have upset him already.

Fortunately, He is also a Packer fan.

Sparkey
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Green Bay 31 - NY Giants 17