PDA

View Full Version : Biggest matchup next week?

Tony Oday
01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Im going with on offense Tauch and Clifton against NYG DE's. We can exploit a banged up secondary and Grant can out muscle the LBs.

On defense its all about our D line and LBs containing Boss and the NYG running game. Woodson and Harris should be able to lock down the NYG WR.

Your thoughts?

VegasPackFan
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
If you can consistently get in Eli's face, he will get rattled and you render him ineffective. Our front 7 has to get in his face and hammer him a few times early.

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 11:45 PM
I'd say it's our 5 wide receiver set vs. (who do they have left at corner again?)

twoseven
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm going with Eli vs. the Elements. Zero degrees (or worse) and a rowdy Lambeau crowd (or worse). Not necessarily ideal conditions for the youngster to have to deal with as he's throwing at our (much better than DAL's) GB secondary.

Merlin
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
This game will come down to special teams. If we don't give the Giants field position and force them into long drives for FG's, we win. They don't have the secondary to match up with 3,4,5 WR sets. Their secondary is banged up and their best has a dislocated shoulder. That will affect his speed and definitely the ability to bump and run. Their front 7 was relatively quiet the last time we played them. I expect a bit more pressure but we held Kerney in check and the cold conditions are great for offensive linemen and horrible for defensive linemen. Our defensive from 7 has to get pressure on Manning. Once that is accomplished, the game is all but won.

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Favre vs Manning.

I doubt either defense will likely be able to get CONSISTENT pressure on the QB considering the likely weather and field conditions.

As such, this game will come down to which QB can make plays when he has the opportunity...and avoid mistakes when pressure does get to him. Since Green Bay should have a stronger running attack and HFA, you have to give the edge to Favre in this matchup.

mission
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
this game will come down to how much we beat the shit out of the giants.

i see it in how the guys are talking, how coach talks... you can see it. they're all business -- and will continue to dominate.