PDA

View Full Version : Harris NOT going to hold out!!! Another over-blown story!!!

gbpackfan
05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
SATURDAY, May 20, 2006, 1:55 p.m.
By Rob Reischel and Lori Nickel

Harris not sitting out because of contract

Green Bay -- Green Bay Packers cornerback Al Harris isn't at the team's minicamp this weekend. But according to Harris' agent, Jack Bechta, it's because of a personal issue with his parents, not his contract, as has been reported.

During an interview with the Journal Sentinel Thursday, Bechta said the Harris camp might lobby for more money at the end of the 2006 campaign. In the interim, Bechta said Harris would never consider holding out.

"He's not Mike McKenzie. That's not Al," Bechta said.

Last month, the Packers signed free agent cornerback Charles Woodson to a seven-year, $39.03 million deal. When asked at the first minicamp two weeks ago if he was happy with his deal, Harris said: "Hell no! But I won't do what Mike McKenzie did. That's not me. That's not my style."

Meanwhile at the Packers morning practice, receiver Rod Gardner and fullback William Henderson joined the team after missing the practices Friday. Ahmad Carroll returned to action after tweaking his ankle Friday. The Packers practice again at 3 p.m.

For more on Harris' contract situation and other minicamp news from Saturday practice, visit JSOnline Sunday.

BlueBrewer
05-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Okay so he isn't going to hold out for more money, he had better perform very well this season if he wants to get it. What does he have left on his contract?

gbpackfan
05-20-2006, 06:40 PM
I think he is signed through 2009. Could be wrong though. But I know he just signed a new deal in '04.