PDA

View Full Version : Giants injuries

VegasPackFan
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
What are the significant injuries for the Giants? We are pretty much full strength.

They had Madison out for this game - is he due back?

Their rookie starter Ross went out late, looked like his shoulder was toast.

That would be two starters on the D backfield which would give us a huge advantage Sunday.

Any others?

MJZiggy
01-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Strahan went out late with a hammy. Plaxico Burress had a torn ligament in his ankle and was playing, but limping badly.

VegasPackFan
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Very nice!

i think they will not be in very good shape coming into Lambeau next week.

4and12to12and4
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Their DB situation is horrific. Brett should be able to annihilate their secondary. I still don't know how the Cowboys receivers played so horribly. If we can stop their run, and we should be able to, I really like our chances. Eli is average, and he has horrible pocket presence. We should be able to bring many different blitz packages, no one on their offense scares me and if we pressure Eli early and often, I think he will press and make some bad decisions. He is due for a bad game. He has no arm strength, and hasn't played a defense as good as ours since week 2, when he faced our defense. We should be able to completely disrupt their timing. I just hope we play with as much intensity as we have been, and don't get overconfident.

Lurker64
01-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Also, their talented rookie cornerback Aaron Ross (who was starting) has a bum shoulder. It's not clear whether he could go. By the end of the game, they had a guy who spent most of the year on the practice squad as the #2 or #3 CB.

oregonpackfan
01-13-2008, 11:49 PM
They won't have Shockey who caught a number of passes against the Packers in the first game.

VegasPackFan
01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I must say this is looking real good to me.....

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2008, 12:12 AM
gag me with a spoon.

mission
01-14-2008, 12:22 AM
people still say that?

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2008, 12:31 AM
just us valley girls

getting excited about injuries on your opponent is .... what's the word, nuts? well, hardcore, anyway.

NewsBruin
01-14-2008, 02:36 AM
It's good to know. I don't enjoy injuries, but I think it's good to know who will and won't be playing in the next game.

mission
01-14-2008, 03:16 AM
ive played sports all the way through college at a competitive level and i guess look at injuries a bit different than most. i think there's a good amount of sentiment floating around from when AP got hurt and JH took a lashing for his comments about it. now it's just getting kind of gay.

it's fucking football. who's playing and not playing has some sort of impact on the final result of the game. ive been injured/hurt so many times it's ridiculous (especially as a kid skateboarding)... this shit isnt life threatening. i dont want guys to not be able to play but i dont give a shit if they dont.

i wanna win. and im pretty sure taking note of what we're going up against this week is a pretty fair topic on this particular forum. no one's excited about grown adults with a hurt hamstring (you jerkheads you!), just more excited about what that potentially means.

CaliforniaCheez
01-14-2008, 03:53 AM
R W McQuarters is starting for them. That is easy enough yet he is one of their better DB's!!

The Giants D-line (including Dave Tollefson) kept the Giants in the game.

The Packers should win easily.

twoseven
01-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Attention stat monsters: could somebody dig up Eli's record in cold weather games?

They flashed it late in the season during a game I was watching (I can't remember which one), I want to say he's was like 0-5 with a bad QB rating or something similar. I can remember thinking how sweet it would be to see him try his luck at Lambeau in January with that cold weather graphic in mind. That could be the biggest advantage of all.

mmmdk
01-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Does anyone remember the 1994 Chargers, the 1998 Falcons or 2003 Panthers? All went into a 'hopeless' championship game that was sold beforehand. Don't let it sweep you up with Giants being injured! They are 9-1 on the road; they gotta do something right?

With that said; if Packers concentrate then they will prevail.

GO PACK GO :pack:

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I still don't know how the Cowboys receivers played so horribly.

They weren't good?

Owens was not at 100%. Crayton is a wannabe. Glenn certainly wasn't in football shape either. Witten stupidly went to Cabo with Romosexual and angered the football gods.

Our WRs will LIGHT UP the Giants.

BlueBrewer
01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
I beieve Justin Tuck went out in the 4th quarter with an ankle as well.

MJZiggy
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
It's good to know. I don't enjoy injuries, but I think it's good to know who will and won't be playing in the next game.

Agreed. No one is dancing over anyone's pain here. I think a certain old hound is overreacting. It's good to know who's gonna be hobbled and who's full strength.

Fritz
01-14-2008, 11:32 AM
just us valley girls

getting excited about injuries on your opponent is .... what's the word, nuts? well, hardcore, anyway.

Okay, okay, I confess. Last night, when I was all alone, I started thinking about Michael Strahan's injured hamstring... Aaron Ross's bum shoulder...Burress's sprain...and it was....exciting.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I dont care about giants getting hurt but I sure would like to see Harlan get beatdown.

hurleyfan
01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
, and hasn't played a defense as good as ours since week 2, when he faced our defense.

WTF? The Cowboys D was pretty darn good (suspect secondary/safeties maybe) and one could argue the Redskin defense is pretty darn good... Oh and they just played the Patriots too

hurleyfan
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Attention stat monsters: could somebody dig up Eli's record in cold weather games?

They flashed it late in the season during a game I was watching (I can't remember which one), I want to say he's was like 0-5 with a bad QB rating or something similar. I can remember thinking how sweet it would be to see him try his luck at Lambeau in January with that cold weather graphic in mind. That could be the biggest advantage of all.

A MET fan?? Holy cow, don't see that very often!!

Ballboy
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I would guess that based on the weather the Packers will open in 4-5WR sets....even if a couple of the DB's make it back, our #4-5 WR are better than anything they have in the nickel or dime. Martin, Robinson should have big games.

Carolina_Packer
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
just us valley girls

Okay, okay, I confess. Last night, when I was all alone, I started thinking about Michael Strahan's injured hamstring... Aaron Ross's bum shoulder...Burress's sprain...and it was....exciting.

OK, I don't really want to know what went down (or up) after that excitement, but thanks for sharing! :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Very nice!

i think they will not be in very good shape coming into Lambeau next week.

I must say this is looking real good to me.....

No one is dancing over anyone's pain here. I think a certain old hound is overreacting.

Ziggy, note the fresh stains in Vegas's underwear.

I bet most players want to see both teams at full strength. I think its part of the competitive spirit to beat your opponent on your own merits.

The fun of sports (to me, anyway) is seeing athletes achieve something hard. The much maligned Eli Manning beating Dallas in Dallas was exciting. Only wish it had been Favre overcoming his past.

I think some fans are afraid of seeing their team lose. They take things too seriously. I'd rather see my team play the best at their best, go for the brass ring.

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
The Packers have an advantage that they earned for a more successful regular season...they got a week off to recover, and will be playing at home.

I'm not wishing ill on the Giants...but I'm not going to forgive them for having to win 3 straight road games to get to the Super Bowl. That is a very difficult achievement to accomplish, and the injuries that are mounting on the Giants roster is evidence of that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
I dont care about giants getting hurt but I sure would like to see Harlan get beatdown.

Any time you're ready, big man. no guns or knives, chico. just mano-a-mano.

The Leaper
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
I would guess that based on the weather the Packers will open in 4-5WR sets....even if a couple of the DB's make it back, our #4-5 WR are better than anything they have in the nickel or dime. Martin, Robinson should have big games.

I don't think the Giants can stop our running game...and I know they can't stop our passing game if the running game has any early success whatsoever.

To me, the offensive gameplan for Seattle should not need much updating to get ready for the Giants. They are similar opponents defensively...undersized, fast and weak on the back end. In cold weather with no better than average traction, our offense is at a decided advantage.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2008, 12:54 PM

Any time you're ready, big man. no guns or knives, chico. just mano-a-mano.Like always you try to pick a fight you have no chance of winning.

So if given the choice do you want me to be healthy or injured?

SkinBasket
01-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Any time you're ready, big man. no guns or knives, chico. just mano-a-mano.Like always you try to pick a fight you have no chance of winning.

So if given the choice do you want me to be healthy or injured?

Just bring a lesbian to the fight Harlan and you'll barely have time to see his backside jumping over the nearest fence.

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
at the moment, ziggy could kick my ass, no kidding. my knee looks like a butt cheek, I'm waiting to get it fixed. but I'll be back to fighting form. I guess I prefer that you be injured, because in this situation I'm just looking for results.

woodbuck27
01-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Injuries as per:

http://sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=nytimes&page=nfl/injury/nfc-hurts.htm

GREEN BAY PACKERS -

*Cornerback Will Blackmon (1/14, foot) is questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship against New York.

Tackle Junius Coston (1/3, calf) is on injured reserve.

Defensive tackle Colin Cole (11/25, arm) is on injured reserve.

Defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (12/11, shoulder) is on injured reserve.

Running back DeShawn Wynn (10/30, shoulder) is on injured reserve.

Guard Tyson Walter (9/1, undisclosed) is on injured reserve.

Fullback Ryan Powdrell (9/1, knee) is on injured reserve.

Guard Tony Palmer (9/20, neck) is on injured reserve.

Wide receiver Carlyle Holiday (9/16, knee) is on injured reserve.

Running back Noah Herron (9/2, knee) is on injured reserve.

Safety Tyrone Culver (9/2, shoulder) is on injured reserve.

Linebacker Abdul Hodge (9/1, knee) is on injured reserve.

Tight end Tory Humphrey (7/31, ankle) is on injured reserve.

N-F-C - No significant injuries.

NEW YORK GIANTS -

*Cornerback Aaron Ross (1/14, shoulder) is questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship against Green Bay.

*Cornerback Kevin Dockery (1/14, hip) is questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship against Green Bay.

Safety Craig Dahl (12/31, knee) is on injured reserve.

*Cornerback Sam Madison (1/14, stomach) is questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship against Green Bay.

Tight end Jeremy Shockey (12/17, fibula) is on injured reserve.

Linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka (11/20, fibula) is on injured reserve.

Running back Derrick Ward (12/4, fibula) is on injured reserve.

Fullback Robert Douglas (10/2, knee) is on injured reserve. Guard Todd Londot (9/4, undisclosed) is on injured reserve.

Defensive end Adrian Awasom (9/19, back) is on injured reserve.

Defensive tackle William Joseph (9/11, back) is on injured reserve.

Tight end Darcy Johnson (8/28, undisclosed) is on injured reserve.

Defensive end Dek Bake (8/28, undisclosed) is on injured reserve.

Wide receiver Michael Jennings (8/28, Achilles) is on injured reserve.

Fullback Jim Finn (7/31, shoulder) is on injured reserve.

01/14 08:17:26 ET

Ballboy
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Anyone know what "stomach" is for Sam Madison...did he just have the flu or some type of strange injury?

Freak Out
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
The thing that worries me about the Giants is their front 7....if Tuck is out it hurts their push up the middle but those boys can bring it....and I don't give a shit how well Colledge played last game. He still looks confused on to many pass plays.

SkinBasket
01-14-2008, 02:04 PM
and I don't give a shit how ell Colledge played last game. He still looks confused on to many pass plays.

That's just a tactic TT taught him this offseason. He knows exactly what he's doing, but giving the appearance of disorder makes your opponent uncertain what you're going to do next. He's going to teach him that thing with his eyes if they win the Superbowl.

Merlin
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
We played them when they weren't banged up on their field and crushed them. It's the playoffs and as we all saw on Sunday, anything can happen. Although I don't exepct Green Bay to fold like Dallas or Indianapolis.

Chubbyhubby
01-14-2008, 02:20 PM
It does look good for the Packers. Health wise. We can't commit any turnovers that could swing the game around like it almost did on Saturday. If we play mistake free game should be an easy win! :P

VegasPackFan
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I make no excuse or apology for my posts in this thread. The reason they put out injury reports is for the handicappers to use it in order to handicap the games and determine point spreads.

So knowing what the injury situation is for NY allows us to see just what we will be up against. If their secondary is that banged up, they wont be able to hang with our WR's, and that IS JUST FINE WITH ME.

I never cheer for an injury to anyone, but I will assess the injury situation for match-up purposes.

So you can gag on my undershorts that you seem to be obsessed with, Harlan.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
at the moment, ziggy could kick my ass, no kidding. my knee looks like a butt cheek, I'm waiting to get it fixed. but I'll be back to fighting form. I guess I prefer that you be injured, because in this situation I'm just looking for results.Thats what I thought. If it is good enough for you it is good enough for all. Now STFU about people wanting to take advantage of the giants injuries.

FritzDontBlitz
01-15-2008, 12:07 AM
ive played sports all the way through college at a competitive level and i guess look at injuries a bit different than most. i think there's a good amount of sentiment floating around from when AP got hurt and JH took a lashing for his comments about it. now it's just getting kind of gay.

it's fucking football. who's playing and not playing has some sort of impact on the final result of the game. ive been injured/hurt so many times it's ridiculous (especially as a kid skateboarding)... this shit isnt life threatening. i dont want guys to not be able to play but i dont give a shit if they dont.

i wanna win. and im pretty sure taking note of what we're going up against this week is a pretty fair topic on this particular forum. no one's excited about grown adults with a hurt hamstring (you jerkheads you!), just more excited about what that potentially means.

God, I just love overreactions like this.

I watch the injury reports all the time, for the Packers and for the opponents. Has nothing to do with wanting to see anyone injured, its trying to see what you're up against that week. The Packers have played their share of games with injuries to key players, I see no harm in enjoying the fact that the tables have turned in their favor a bit. We can talk all we want, but we'd all much rather face an injury-depleted team than one at full strength.

b bulldog
01-15-2008, 07:45 AM
I think Madison has an abdominal strain

Harlan Huckleby
01-15-2008, 08:15 AM
I see no harm in enjoying the fact that the tables have turned in their favor a bit. We can talk all we want, but we'd all much rather face an injury-depleted team than one at full strength.

I just completely disagree with you. And I don't think athletes enjoy facing injury-depleted teams, or at least ones that I would have respect for.

To me, sports is about the satisfaction of achieving something. How much do you care when the PAckers beat the Lions at home for the 10th time in a row? What would be your excitement if the Packers had gone to Dallas and (finally) beat them in the playoffs?

If you win because of the luck of injuries, to me its a big blah.

Advancing in the playoffs is achieving something, even if you get lucky draws. But HOW they do it matters a lot to me too.

I think the "winning is all that counts" crowd tend to be people who take sports too seriously, they build their life around the success of a sports team, and are afraid to see the team lose.