PDA

View Full Version : Savor this

Freak Out
01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Who would have thought after 96-97 that we would have to wait this long to get back to the Championship game? I am going to savor every moment of this great Packer run until it's over....whether it's with a win or a loss. Even though we have a very young team and the future looks very bright with our coaching and management situation nothing is guaranteed...as we all know. So I'm going to tell to anyone who will listen how great the Packers are and I'll hoist one every night in their honor. :glug:

Go Pack!

woodbuck27
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Yup.

That's about where I'm at but it's difficult to remain not too psyched. DAM I pumped iron throughout that entire Seahawks game just to stay somewhat chilled out. I was really pumped for that game.

I don't want to get all amped up over the Giants (OH WOW isn't that great for us) and the Super Bowl. I'll not be able to not want it too much though. I'll start on the iron about Wednesday. :)

100's and 100's of pushup's too.

I see lots wrong with the Giants that would indicate we win in Lambeau on Sunday, but this is a team that seems on some destiny the same as OUR PACKERS and the thought of a Legend continuing.

FAVRE!

I look at their HC and say to myself '' not a winner ''. Yet, now it's one BIG GAME away fr. a possible Super Bowl appearance for Tom Coughlin and his team. A team that has a formidable pass rush leading the NFL in sacks with 56 and that has won nine straight games on the road.

A team that has a young QB ever ready to prove himself in Eli Manning.

E. Manning's numbers in 2007:

16G 528A 297C 56.3% 3336 Yds 11.2 Yds Avg. 208.5 Yds per G - 23 TD's.

What better time than in a game in the hallowed Lambeau Field in front of 70 K plus screaming Packer fans Vs the ALL TIME ALMOST EVERYTHING and LEGEND B R E T T F A V R E.

The Giants a team that one of it's players announced a couple of weeks ago was the near perfect team.

A team that features the likes of DE Michael Strahan (backed up by our once own DE Dave Tollefson) and DE Osi Umenyiora the Giants lone representative at the Pro Bowl.

A team that has a hard running RB Brandon Jacobs (1011 yds. in only 11 G and a 5 Yd. avg. and 4 TD's) and WR's Plaxico Burress ( 16G 70R 1025 Yds. 14.6 Yds per Rec. 64.1 Lg 12 TD's ) and Amani Toomer ( 16G 59 Receptions for 760 yards or a 12.9 Yd avg. a long of 47.5 yds. and 3 TD's.

Yup an old rival arrives in Green Bay this week to do battle with the Packers.

When I was an early teen and a Packer fan, I was aware of the New York Giants and re-call when they played with the great YA Tittle in the early 60's. Tittle was all the shout back then.

Before this season began. I wonder how many NFL fans would have imagined or predicted this matchup for the NFC Championship? Giants at Packers. :)

Just to see our team get this far makes me feel like we're winners this season. To go to a Super Bowl??

Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaaa !!

denverYooper
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Cheers!

10 years!

I don't know if I'll be able to get any work done this week because I just wanna bang on the drum all day.

packinpatland
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Cheers!

10 years!

I don't know if I'll be able to get any work done this week because I just wanna bang on the drum all day.

Hey DYooper......welcome to the site! What part of the UP you from?

oregonpackfan
01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Are they allowing Yoopers to migrate all the way to Denver these days? :)

denverYooper
01-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Thanks! Good to be here :)

I'm from Ishpeming. Are you a UP native?

denverYooper
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Are they allowing Yoopers to migrate all the way to Denver these days? :)

It was tricky... I got in on a work visa ;), then I married a Colorado native.

packinpatland
01-14-2008, 03:31 PM

Thanks! Good to be here :)

I'm from Ishpeming. Are you a UP native?

Technically, no. Was born in WS. (thank God :wink: )..........grew up in Gladstone.

ecwiscott
01-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Who would have thought after 96-97 that we would have to wait this long to get back to the Championship game? I am going to savor every moment of this great Packer run until it's over....whether it's with a win or a loss. Even though we have a very young team and the future looks very bright with our coaching and management situation nothing is guaranteed...as we all know. So I'm going to tell to anyone who will listen how great the Packers are and I'll hoist one every night in their honor. :glug:

Go Pack!

I couldn't agree more. I'm watching the Packers vs Denver Super Bowl game on NFL network tonight. Our linebackers are better than that team 10 years ago and we can stop the run better too. It's sickening to watch Terrell Davis run wild in this game on our defense.

Freak Out
01-14-2008, 08:51 PM

Go Pack!

I couldn't agree more. I'm watching the Packers vs Denver Super Bowl game on NFL network tonight. Our linebackers are better than that team 10 years ago and we can stop the run better too. It's sickening to watch Terrell Davis run wild in this game on our defense.

I'm hoisting a Saint Bridget's Robust Porter from Great Divide as I type this.

Here's to the Pack! :glug:

Carolina_Packer
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Yup.

That's about where I'm at but it's difficult to remain not too psyched. DAM I pumped iron throughout that entire Seahawks game just to stay somewhat chilled out. I was really pumped for that game.

I don't want to get all amped up over the Giants (OH WOW isn't that great for us) and the Super Bowl. I'll not be able to not want it too much though. I'll start on the iron about Wednesday. :)

I see lots wrong with the Giants that would indicate we win in Lambeau on Sunday, but this is a team that seems on some destiny the same as OUR PACKERS and the thought of a Legend continuing.

FAVRE!

I look at their HC and say to myself '' not a winner ''. Yet, now it's one BIG GAME away fr. a possible Super Bowl appearance for Tom Coughlin and his team. A team that has a formidable pass rush leading the NFL in sacks with 56 and that has won nine straight games on the road.

What better time than in a game in the hallowed Lambeau Field in front of 70 K plus screaming Packer fans Vs the ALL TIME ALMOST EVERYTHING and LEGEND B R E T T F A V R E.

The Giants a team that one of it's players announced a couple of weeks ago was the near perfect team.

A team that features the likes of DE Michael Strahan (backed up by our once own DE Dave Tollefson) and DE Osi Umenyiora the Giants lone representative at the Pro Bowl.

A team that has a hard running RB Brandon Jacobs (1011 yds. in only 11 G and a 5 Yd. avg. and 4 TD's) and WR's Plaxico Burress ( 16G 70R 1025 Yds. 14.6 Yds per Rec. 64.1 Lg 12 TD's ) and Amani Toomer ( 16G 59 Receptions for 760 yards or a 12.9 Yd avg. a long of 47.5 yds. and 3 TD's.

When I was an early teen and a Packer fan, I was aware of the New York Giants and re-call when they played with the great YA Tittle in the early 60's. Tittle was all the shout back then.

Before this season began. I wonder how many NFL fans would have imagined or predicted this matchup for the NFC Championship? Giants at Packers. :)

Just to see our team get this far makes me feel like we're winners this season. To go to a Super Bowl??

Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaaa !!

Woody, I found this on your blog. Don't be so modest, dude. You're ripped!

http://apologies.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/extreme_muscle_man.jpg

Freak Out
01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Yup.

FAVRE!

Ohhhhh Yeaaaaaaa !!

Woody, I found this on your blog. Don't be so modest, dude. You're ripped!

http://apologies.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/extreme_muscle_man.jpg

Is he a Balco rep?