PDA

View Full Version : Tiki... the cancer?

Pacopete4
01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Every week it seemed Tiki had his little incite on the Giants on Sunday Night in America... now what do you think he has to say?... probably nothing cuz he was wrong and he was one of the "leaders" in the cancer ring... its nice a good guy like Tom Coughlin doesnt have to deal with this guy anymore and that hes got this far... but on that note.. GO PACK GO!

The Leaper
01-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Tiki and Bettis might be better guys than Irvin, but what they bring to a football program is roughly equal.

i.e. NOTHING

Harlan Huckleby
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
i don't get it. all tiki did was retire before some people wanted him to. he was a solid player.

Carolina_Packer
01-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I can't say I really know what exactly he said about the Giants after he left. I know I saw Eli reacting to something he said about Eli's lack of leadership either before or right after the season started and he played it off.

Tiki did his thing during his career. Can't deny he gave what he had. I don't fault him for getting out when he did if that's what he wanted to do. He was hired by NBC to be interesting and provide his thoughts. Would you rather have the guy who goes soft as an ex-player analyst and refuses to say anything hard hitting? I respect him for knowing that his job is to be interesting and not milque toast.

I'm sure Tiki wishes they had had a more developed QB situation when he was still there so he could have enjoyed this kind of success before he left, but that's life. One thing he could have done, and I'm not sure why it couldn't have waited, but he could have waited until the season wrapped up last season to announce he was retiring. Then it wouldn't have been any kind of distraction.