PDA

View Full Version : Packers VS Giants Predict The Score!

GrnBay007
01-16-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/images/vincent-snowed7.jpg

Eli can't maintain and goes into meltdown mode after falling behind.

Packers 34

Giants 17

:cow:

Partial
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Packers 27, Giants 10

Mason Crosby heats an NFL record 68 yard field goal :shock: :P :lol: :?:

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd have to agree with 007................. :cow:

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Packers 20
Giants 13

AtlPackFan
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
In keeping with my prediction of a loss and the Packers winning...

Giants 23
Pack 13

I hope these scores to be flipped.

oregonpackfan
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Packers 28

Giants 21

The Leaper
01-16-2008, 09:44 AM
We haven't given up a point to the Giants on our home turf in the playoffs yet.

Packers 24
Giants 0

mmmdk
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
No gimme game vs Giants but the opportunity is too grand for Green Bay, Wisconsin and history is being made before our very eyes - grand Packer history at Lambeau Field. Packers vs Giants is classical game; I expect nothing less than a win on sunday.

Packers 24 Giants 17

Chubbyhubby
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Packers 35 Giants 20

K-town
01-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Green Bay 38
New York 13

superfan
01-16-2008, 12:29 PM
007 already used my prediction, so I'll be a little more optimistic and go 34-13.

Oscar
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Packers 30

Giants 14

Carolina_Packer
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Packers 27
Giants 13

Deputy Nutz
01-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Packers 34

Giants 17

Badgepack
01-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Packers - 38
Giants - 27

Chubbyhubby
01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey Mad what are going to do if someone does predict the correct score? Any ideas? :P

TennesseePackerBacker
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
27-7 Packers

The Green and Gold prevail in a defensive slugfest, and pull away late.

Freak Out
01-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Pack - 30

G-Men - 9

Shoal
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Packers 40
Giants 10

Jimx29
01-16-2008, 04:19 PM
38-10 Packers 8-)

SkinBasket
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey Mad what are going to do if someone does predict the correct score? Any ideas? :P

Mad's gone cheap. The FF league winners didn't even get prizes this year. Or maybe it was just me and he's trying to punish me for not shaving his back like the other trained monkeys. Anyway.. I digress.

GB 38
NY 17

b bulldog
01-16-2008, 04:36 PM
31-17 Packers

Joemailman
01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Packers 30:bump:

:laugh: Giants 13

GBRulz
01-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I liked my prediction last week, so I'll use it again this week....

Packers 41

Giants 28

GrnBay007
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Holy Cow, ( :cow: ) this was in the middle of page 2!!

Get your picks in peeps!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Packers 27

Giants 23

digitaldean
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Packers 24, Giants 17

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
35-13 Pack.

As scared as I am that the Giants upset or keep it close, looking at the matchups in almost every category just seems to swing heavily in our favor. Unless the weather really gets in these guys' heads moreso than the Giants, I think we win big. And I just can't see that happening. I think losing that game in Chicago was a blessing in disquise, it is going to make this team focus more than they have all year, and that's why I think we dominant from the start. I think Eli has had his few moments of glory this year, he's not that good, and he will have a horrible game.

The Shadow
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Packers : 38
Giants : 13

Patler
01-19-2008, 08:52 PM
17-14 Giants. Sorry everyone!

My reasoning is simple. Young teams with no playoff experience seldom make it all the way through the playoffs. They get close once or twice, then make it to the Super Bowl a year or two later. The Packers of the '90s built up to it. The Packers of 2007 have come from no where. Even their coaching staff is pretty raw and inexperienced. A second year head coach, second year d-coordinator, first year O-coordinator, etc.

Will I be shocked if they win? Absolutely not, because I think they are the better team. If the do make it to the Super Bowl, it will be a testament to MM as an absolutely fantastic HC, at least for this season. To take an extremely young, extremely inexperienced team that far is not easy.

I sincerely hope that I am way of base in this prediction!

bbbffl66
01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Packers 23
G Men 13

Brando19
01-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Packers 28
Giants 27

A close one, but Super Bowl here we come!

Sparkey
01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
posted earlier thgis week in another thread.

Green Bay up 17-14 at haltime
final score GB 31 NY 17

Charles Woodson
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
38-20 :cow: :cow: :cow: :pack:

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 10:38 PM

My reasoning is simple. Young teams with no playoff experience seldom make it all the way through the playoffs. They get close once or twice, then make it to the Super Bowl a year or two later. The Packers of the '90s built up to it. The Packers of 2007 have come from no where. Even their coaching staff is pretty raw and inexperienced. A second year head coach, second year d-coordinator, first year O-coordinator, etc.

Will I be shocked if they win? Absolutely not, because I think they are the better team. If the do make it to the Super Bowl, it will be a testament to MM as an absolutely fantastic HC, at least for this season. To take an extremely young, extremely inexperienced team that far is not easy.

Wow Patler, I can't believe this. You can't tell me you actually believe the Giants will win, now. We might have a lot of youth, but I think we are experienced in a lot of critical areas, QB, CB's, D-line, offensive tackles. Doesn't that take away from the potential "overwhelming" problem? I think so. I just don't see how the Giants could keep us under 20 points. They just don't have the talent, and their QB is still very young and inexperienced at winning in the postseason. I think, if you're life depended on you getting the call on this, you'd change your prediction.

Bretsky
01-19-2008, 10:39 PM
17-13 Green Bay

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Could someone please post that list of guys with playoff experience that was floating around?

I know it had Favre, Davis, Tauscher, Pickett, Harris, Woodson, Driver, Clifton, who else?

swede
01-19-2008, 10:42 PM
31-10 Green Bay.

Two defensive scores by the Packers.

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Could someone please post that list of guys with playoff experience that was floating around?

I know it had Favre, Davis, Tauscher, Pickett, Harris, Woodson, Driver, Clifton, who else?

Barnett (2003) was a rookie wasn't he, against Seattle?

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 10:51 PM
How about this stat. The Packers scored 30 points or more 11 times during the regular season, 12 times including last weeks win. Even more impressive, we scored at least 30 points in our last nine games of the regular season, and now 10 games in a row including last week!! No other team in the NFL did that, including the Pats. And the Giants are gonna hold us under 20 points? I don't think so.

superfan
01-19-2008, 10:51 PM

I agree with the reasoning and the importance of experience, but I really believe this will be one of those "seldom" times. There are too many matchups that favor the Packers. Plus, GB handled them pretty easily earlier this year, when GB was still in the process of finding their game and the Giants had Shockey, who was their best offensive matchup. Now their best offensive matchups seem to be their RBs, who do not have notable playoff experience.

If GB loses this game, it will be one of the most disappointing losses I have seen in my time watching them (which goes back to the late 80s).

RashanGary
01-19-2008, 11:00 PM
31- 20

Packers!!

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 11:02 PM
How about this stat. The Packers scored 30 points or more 11 times during the regular season, 12 times including last weeks win. Even more impressive, we scored at least 30 points in our last nine games of the regular season, and now 10 games in a row including last week!! No other team in the NFL did that, including the Pats. And the Giants are gonna hold us under 20 points? I don't think so.

Did anyone here realize that? I sure didn't. That is amazing.

packers11
01-19-2008, 11:52 PM
31 packers

20 giants

Carolina_Packer
01-20-2008, 01:23 AM

Did anyone here realize that? I sure didn't. That is amazing.

Not to pick nits, but they only scored 7 against the Bears and 27 against the Cowboys. I do agree that they scored over 30 many games this year.

esoxx
01-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Packers 31
Giants 14

This is an easy pick. No contest. Watch and see.

esoxx
01-20-2008, 02:07 AM

I assume this is another April Fool's joke. Aye Patler??

twoseven
01-20-2008, 06:06 AM

Well, one thing that gets these young teams to believe in themselves to the point that they will not fall apart in their youth is that they can face adversity under pressure and rise up and win anyway. I believe we all saw them do that last week coming from 0-14 versus SEA. This team is for real.

GB 31
NYG 17

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 08:31 AM

Barnett (2003) was a rookie wasn't he, against Seattle?Yes he was and he was guilty of a PI call that sustained Seattle's last drive in regulation that tied the score.

Patler
01-20-2008, 09:24 AM
I thought I might get a few responses! :D

I don't think the Giants will hold the Packers under 20 points today, but the weather very well might. If the weather were better, favoring a more balanced offense, I would be less concerned, particularly with the Giants problems in the secondary. I am afraid that the game conditions will diminish the Giants defensive weaknesses and the Packers offensive strengths, which could make it a very close game.

As I said, I sincerely hope my concerns are way off base. I suspect we will know by the end of the first quarter how justified my concerns are. If the Packers are able to move the ball through the air and on the ground, the game will be theirs. I will gladly allow and even encourage all of you to laugh and point your fingers at me!

b bulldog
01-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Staying with 31-17 Packers

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:47 AM

I don't think the Giants will hold the Packers under 20 points today, but the weather very well might. If the weather were better, favoring a more balanced offense, I would be less concerned, particularly with the Giants problems in the secondary. I am afraid that the game conditions will diminish the Giants defensive weaknesses and the Packers offensive strengths, which could make it a very close game.

As I said, I sincerely hope my concerns are way off base. I suspect we will know by the end of the first quarter how justified my concerns are. If the Packers are able to move the ball through the air and on the ground, the game will be theirs. I will gladly allow and even encourage all of you to laugh and point your fingers at me!

I kinda agree but what will the cold do to the Giants offense and the Packers D? The same! That gives Packers the clear edge again. ST, field position, costly turnovers and penalties are factors that could kill the better team - The Packers.

Patler
01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I kinda agree but what will the cold do to the Giants offense and the Packers D? The same! That gives Packers the clear edge again. ST, field position, costly turnovers and penalties are factors that could kill the better team - The Packers.

I don't think the Giants offense has relied on the passing game as much as the Packers offense has. So while both passing games will be bothered by the cold weather, the impact will be more for the Packers. It will tend to create a low scoring game, which will improve the Giants chances of winning.

If it were a typical day, I would expect the Packers to find a way to score about 30 points and to hold the Giants to about 20 and win the game. If both teams have trouble scoring 20 points today, the outcome becomes more of a toss-up.

The Packers responded very well to bad weather last week, and very poorly in Chicago. Hopefully this will be more like Seattle and less like the Chicago game.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 10:14 AM

I don't think the Giants offense has relied on the passing game as much as the Packers offense has. So while both passing games will be bothered by the cold weather, the impact will be more for the Packers. It will tend to create a low scoring game, which will improve the Giants chances of winning.

If it were a typical day, I would expect the Packers to find a way to score about 30 points and to hold the Giants to about 20 and win the game. If both teams have trouble scoring 20 points today, the outcome becomes more of a toss-up.

The Packers responded very well to bad weather last week, and very poorly in Chicago. Hopefully this will be more like Seattle and less like the Chicago game.

Giants running games is important but that 2 minute drill vs Dallas last week was all passing. Giants couldn't run vs Dallas when they needed to! The playoff success of the Giants has been the pass rush and Eli's passing game. Even the Patriot game was all passing. The cold weather game vs Buffalo was a near 300 rushing game against a team that couldn't stop the run all year.

Will the cold help the Packers D stop the Giants run O? That's a Q but I'm hoping the cold helps our Packer D. Or Giants will be a handful.

cheesner
01-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Packers 20 Giants 16 Weather plays the major factor. Packer defense is tough all day. Favre has a so-so day, Ryan Grant has a great day, Brandon Jackson comes up big. Bigby hits a guy so hard he shatters the Giants' WRs arm. And I don't mean the bone, it is so cold the entire arm shatters and is laying in several pieces across the field.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Since everyone's worried about the weather and how it will affect this or that, how about this? I read Manning is planning on wearing a glove on his non-throwing hand, keeping his throwing hand bare so as not to screw up the touch on his passes. I wonder then if having one glove on and one off will screw up taking snaps or moments when he might have the ball in both hands, say like when he's getting sacked again.

Iron Mike
01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Bears 79, Giants 0.

http://www.thiefsden.net/archives/superfans.jpg

twoseven
01-20-2008, 01:20 PM

I just watched a replay of the entire week 2 matchup an hour ago. Brett dinked and dunked short to medium passes over the middle all game long, completed only one long pass. We had little to no running game with Bjack and Wynn, only Wynn's long run against a defense that had given up on the play. Grant would have had some nice runs with the holes the Oline opened up that Bjack and Wynn could NOT hit or cutback. Favre was living in the middle of the field with Donald Lee and Driver, only one long pass on the outside to Jones. No Jennings, no Krob, no Grant. My point, they won the first one with a short passing game, ball control, and zero running game. All against a loud NY crowd. I like their chances tonight even if they can't live in the Giants secondary, they already did it once with a weak offense. Keep the faith.

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM

I agree with the reasoning and the importance of experience, but I really believe this will be one of those "seldom" times. There are too many matchups that favor the Packers. Plus, GB handled them pretty easily earlier this year, when GB was still in the process of finding their game and the Giants had Shockey, who was their best offensive matchup. Now their best offensive matchups seem to be their RBs, who do not have notable playoff experience.

If GB loses this game, it will be one of the most disappointing losses I have seen in my time watching them (which goes back to the late 80s).

Well, I was wrong. But I think GB's veterans hurt the team more than their young players. Let's hope the whole team learns from the loss and comes back even stronger next year.

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I just watched a replay of the entire week 2 matchup an hour ago. Brett dinked and dunked short to medium passes over the middle all game long, completed only one long pass. We had little to no running game with Bjack and Wynn, only Wynn's long run against a defense that had given up on the play. Grant would have had some nice runs with the holes the Oline opened up that Bjack and Wynn could NOT hit or cutback. Favre was living in the middle of the field with Donald Lee and Driver, only one long pass on the outside to Jones. No Jennings, no Krob, no Grant. My point, they won the first one with a short passing game, ball control, and zero running game. All against a loud NY crowd. I like their chances tonight even if they can't live in the Giants secondary, they already did it once with a weak offense. Keep the faith.

:( :evil: :bang:

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Patler was the only one who called it. :(

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 12:19 AM

I think Patler hit the nail on the head with his predictions. They were painfully correct. Sometimes we do not like to hear the truth.

twoseven
01-21-2008, 04:09 AM

:( :evil: :bang:

Ditto. I never thought that our execution in week two would have surpassed what we could/would have done last night. Wow.

twoseven
01-21-2008, 04:22 AM
Hats off to Patler. I don't think it was just our youth that got us, our aged vets at CB and QB have had better games, but good job predicting the low and close score. I'm sorry you were right.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 04:50 AM

I like this analysis better than blaming the weather.

I'd add:

outcoached

outplayed

out QB'd

outsmarted

Packers are sadly out

Patler
01-21-2008, 05:02 AM
I'm sorry I was right, too. I sure did not want to be.

I think we saw somethings in the overall game plan and game execution that I will attribute to the inexperienced coaching staff that had me worried before the game. Offensively. they tried to "coach" themselves to victory, rather than being what they were, what they had been, what had gotten them to where they were. My thoughts:

1. This team lived all season on short passes that resulted in long runs after the catch. Where were the 5-10 yard routes last night? They seemed to either throw the ball 20 yards upfield or behind the line of scrimmage. That's not who they were offensively this season.

2. I saw more attempted screen passes last night than I had in any one game all year, in spite of the fact they have executed screens poorly all season and did so last night. The timing just isn't there most of the time, which is why some looked "close". The fact is, they just didn't work, and hadn't most of the time all season.

3. They seemed to stick with certain plays all game that they apparently thought would work against the Giants, but were not working. Again I would point to a couple screen passes in critical situations late in the game and the deeper routes, including the last interception. It almost seemed like a stubborness on their part, "This play SHOULD be working, so I will keep calling it." Experienced coaches late in important games tend to abandon the plays that have not worked and call the plays that have worked.

4. He never gave the running game much of a chance to get established early in the game. He has admitted to having that problem other times this season. He effectively took Ryan Grant out of the game.

In short, this did not look like the Packers' offense as I have come to know it this season.. It looked like something "special" schemed up just for the Giants. Once you get to the playoffs, you should be who you are. After all, it worked well enough to get you there.

I firmly believe that coaching staffs need playoff experience, too. Our critical coaches, the HC, OC and DC had none at their levels of responsibilities. I am confident they learned from it.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I hate to say it but...

Giants 23, Packers 20 OT. Tynes kicks a 47 yard FG to win it.

I hope my prediction is wrong.