PDA

View Full Version : Eli - The $Buck$ ends at Lambeau!

GrnBay007
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Manning cashing in with big postseason

By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

This postseason, New York quarterback Eli Manning has rewarded the Giants for dealing for him after he was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft. And the Giants have rewarded Manning for the best back-to-back games of his career.

Manning earned $500,000 in bonuses for the Giants' two playoff victories -- $250,000 for beating Tampa Bay in the wild-card round, and another $250,000 for beating Dallas in the divisional playoffs, according to the language in the quarterback's contract.

But this could be just the start of Manning cashing in. Should the Giants beat the Packers in Sunday night's NFC Championship Game in Green Bay, Manning would earn another $500,000. So it is not just the NFC Championship Game for Manning; it is the half-million-dollar NFC Championship Game.

And if Manning led the Giants to a victory in Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, Ariz., on Feb. 3, he would earn another $500,000.

Good work if you can get it.

Those who know Manning know the last thing he is thinking of are the bonuses in his contract. But Manning is getting married in Mexico in March, and so far, what he has earned in the playoffs goes a long way to covering any expenses he will incur.

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I heard this last night on the NFL channel. You know what? Good for him. Something tells me, that at this point, he'd try hard even with out incentives..............

The Leaper
01-16-2008, 12:17 PM
You would think NFL QBs by now would have learned to not take their women to Mexico on a vacation.

GrnBay007
01-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Manning is getting married in Mexico in March, and so far, what he has earned in the playoffs goes a long way to covering any expenses he will incur.

That would be a fun wedding to play "Wedding Crashers" at. :P :wink:

Guiness
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
this incentive doesn't bother anyone else? I knew there were incentives for Pro Bowls and stuff, but didn't realize one player would be given credit for winning a game!

Can no one else see Strahan being pissed after getting 8 tackles and a sack, and Manning gets $250K???

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I thought alot of contract had built in incentives.