PDA

View Full Version : Why the Giants D rushed Dallas so fiecely in the 2nd half..

motife
01-16-2008, 02:25 PM
According to the Dallas radio crew, because CB Sam Madison was already out, after Aaron Ross was injured in the 2nd half, the Giants Defensive Co-ordinator Steve Spagnola said he had no choice other than to turn the DL loose on Romo and blitz. Since they couldn't cover, their only resort was to sell out on rushing the passer.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm

MadtownPacker
01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Well the covered good enough on that last 4th down.

gbgary
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
According to the Dallas radio crew, because CB Sam Madison was already out, after Aaron Ross was injured in the 2nd half, the Giants Defensive Co-ordinator Steve Spagnola said he had no choice other than to turn the DL loose on Romo and blitz. Since they couldn't cover, their only resort was to sell out on rushing the passer.

that and the fact that at half-time they realized they could easily handle a wounded t.o. and glenn. crayton dropped everything that went his way. they bottled-up barber and game over.

The Leaper
01-16-2008, 03:42 PM
The Cowboys had that game won if they simply took the ball out of Romo's hands and gave it to Barber every time.

Honestly, I do not see any way that Green Bay can lose this game if they come out with the intensity and desire they showed last week.

motife
01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
that and the fact that at half-time they realized they could easily handle a wounded t.o. and glenn. crayton dropped everything that went his way. they bottled-up barber and game over.

Gary, I was just going to post that. Dallas's receiving corps, because of injury, turned out to be a shadow of it's former self earlier in the year.

Another complaint on the last pass, the interception, was that no one was open, and Dallas kept TE Jason Witten in the line to BLOCK!!

motife
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
btw, one other point, Terry Glenn who was the target of the last pass, and TRIPLE covered, is NOTHING without Parcells.

Wherever he's been, if Parcells wasn't there, he was an injured hypochondriac disaster waiting to happen.

gbgary
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
The Cowboys had that game won if they simply took the ball out of Romo's hands and gave it to Barber every time.

Honestly, I do not see any way that Green Bay can lose this game if they come out with the intensity and desire they showed last week.

they were committed at half-time to stopping barber. they knew they could handle t.o. and the others wrs with single coverage so they put the pressure on. i feel the same way about the upcoming game. at this point only a total MM meltdown will get them beat. i don't see that happening. i think he's realized you don't mess with what's worked for the entire season.

FritzDontBlitz
01-16-2008, 04:43 PM
btw, one other point, Terry Glenn who was the target of the last pass, and TRIPLE covered, is NOTHING without Parcells.

Wherever he's been, if Parcells wasn't there, he was an injured hypochondriac disaster waiting to happen.

I thought the pick was intended for Terrell Owens?

MadtownPacker
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM

I thought the pick was intended for Terrell Owens?Nope, it was glenn and she didn't have a chance at it. I do recall seeing crayton on the left side of the endzone with 1-on-1 coverage. Guess romo missed him.

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
On the final 3 plays of the game, when they had to score a TD, Romo never threw the ball near Owens. How the hell do you not throw the ball to one of the best WRs when the game is on the line?

Carolina_Packer
01-17-2008, 09:45 AM

Totally agree on your point with Barber. I heard Jason Garrett after the game on the Dallas web site saying in the second half they got into a lot of bad down and distances, which he thought became a big factor in their play calling. If a team is going to pin their ears back and come at you to protect their coverage team, couldn't the Cowboys have run the ball to counter the blitz?

Scott Campbell
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM

I have a lot of respect for the Giants. They've won two road playoff games to earn their opportunity in GB this Sunday. The Packers can't take anything for granted as they have this season against Chicago.

But after all of that, I like our chances.

Scott Campbell
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM

Totally agree on your point with Barber. I heard Jason Garrett after the game on the Dallas web site saying in the second half they got into a lot of bad down and distances, which he thought became a big factor in their play calling. If a team is going to pin their ears back and come at you to protect their coverage team, couldn't the Cowboys have run the ball to counter the blitz?

Or screens. You can do a lot of things to take advantage of a blitz - when you know they're coming.

CaliforniaCheez
01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
On the final 3 plays of the game, when they had to score a TD, Romo never threw the ball near Owens. How the hell do you not throw the ball to one of the best WRs when the game is on the line?

Because of dropped passes earlier in the game. The receivers lost the game.

gbgary
01-17-2008, 12:08 PM

Because of dropped passes earlier in the game. The receivers lost the game.

and he couldn't run very well...he was covered.