PDA

View Full Version : Better drink to stay warm

pasquale
01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Hopefully this isn't a double post, i didn't see the article anywhere. ESPN talks about cold weather and football...and obviously Green Bay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3199028

swede
01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Bahhh!

It was 3 degrees outside when we beat up Carolina in '96.

The temperature in the Ice Bowl was waaay below zero and nobody lost any toes.

What we really need is calm weather. Our precision passing attack requires winds at 10 mph or less.

If we have to go running game vs. running game because of gusty winds we may be doing some nail-biting before the game is over.

If we can balance up our offense we should be good. In the Carolina game we had 201 yards rushing and 278 yards passing. Edgar had 99 yards and Dorsey had 88 yards.

I'd like our chances if we had similar numbers on Sunday.

pasquale
01-16-2008, 03:12 PM
i also think we will do quite well on sunday. i can't remember a time that cold weather has been both hyped and downlplayed. people say that we will win because of it, and people say that both teams play in it, it shouldn't matter etc.

well im not sure where i stand on the cold weather, i do lean more towards green bay playing better in the cold. and for this year, i almost thank the bear game for this. i know it was very, very windy, but i think it was a damn good wake up call for our player to step it up in cold weather.

The lions game is a good example, since not everyone started and we did pretty well, and obviously last weekend.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
game-time high temp. is now 4, flurries expected.

Freak Out
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
The temperature in the Ice Bowl was waaay below zero and nobody lost any toes.

I thought Jethro Pugh had some bad frostbite and damaged some digits...not sure if he had to have any plucked off though?

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't like that the game is so cold. Anything below 10 degrees, and the passing game goes to shit.

Freak Out
01-16-2008, 09:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game,_1967