PDA

View Full Version : Article - Coming of Age

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
With editing help from Vince. Thanks, man!

We’ve been hearing it for weeks now. No one could have predicted this Packer season. Nobody.

The media pundits surely couldn’t. Ted Thompson before the season said...

READ ALL ABOUT IT!! (http://packerrats.com)

Carolina_Packer
01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Nicely done, MJ! The only one I can think of that predicted the Super Bowl was KGB when interviewed during the Seattle game in the pre-season. I posted about it in a post entitled KGB the Prophet.

superfan
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Excellent article, one of the better articles I've read about McCarthy. With so much focus on the players and Thompson, there just isn't that much written and said about McCarthy. He tends to kind of fade into the woodwork. He deserves a lot of credit for what he has been able to accomplish so far with this team.

Minor correction - you refer to Clifton as an offensive guard. Clifton is a tackle.

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
'scuse me... :oops:

Thanks for catching that.

swede
01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Nice job, Zig!

I questioned this coaching staff during the pre-season and the frequent exhibitions of poor execution.

I thought the talent was starting to arrive on the field, but I wasn't convinced that the assistant coaches were anything more than a mediocre bunch of buddies claimed from one losing program after another.

(Hey--even Patler voiced that concern.)

The overall conception and execution of the offense, including the evolution of the running game and the coordination between the receivers and Brett in the passing attack, have been really, really impressive.

The defense seems to be predicated upon keeping the talent level high and the scheme simple.

Keeping the scheme simple allows even Schottenheimer a chance to contribute. :lol:

Hats off to the whole staff.

Badgerinmaine
01-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Nice work, Zig. :tup: