PDA

View Full Version : Father arrested for forcing son to wear Packers jersey

Kiwon
01-16-2008, 06:12 PM
The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday, so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.
.................................................. .....................

This guy sounds like a real winner.

If he treated his son this way I hate to think how he treated his wife so badly that she successfully got a restraining order against him.

Joemailman
01-16-2008, 06:37 PM
What's the matter with that kid? Unless it was an Ahmad Carroll jersey or something, he showed a complete lack of respect for the Packer uniform.

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
"Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cellphone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute."

In the state of Wisconsin, WHY would this seem strange, or why is it a crime??? :wink:

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Now there's a way to make your kid a Packer fan... :roll:

GrnBay007
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Someone should wrap daddy in tape and beat him with a wooden spoon.

retailguy
01-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Someone should wrap daddy in tape and beat him with a wooden spoon.

Man-hater.

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Think there was a beer or two involved here?

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
here's my speculation:

the kid is spending his weekend with divorced dad. Dad is goofing around with kid, ties him to chair during game and makes him wear packer uniform. Maybe dad is no prince, but most likely it is just dumb horse play.

Mom hears story from kid when he gets home, decides to nail that no good motherfucker of an ex-husband. Maybe the dad is a little dopey, who knows.

Police have to deal with the situation, it gets in papers.

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
She took pictures with her cellphone. I don't know of too many dads who goof around with their kids by tying them to a chair. She also got a restraining order.

swede
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I was in Pardeeville for the first time on Sunday for my son's basketball tournament. It is nestled between big hilly bluffs and has a beautiful lake. For a south-central Wisconsin town it has a very northern Wisconsin feel to it.

I saw no signs suggesting that the wearing of Packer gear would be enforced on game day.

But I did see one that clearly indicated the Porta-potties at the lake were NOT for the disposal of fish guts.

As an aside, for the second tournament in a row my son's 7th grade team was defeated in the championship game by a team with a 6' 5" center. Lodi has a 6' 5" kid and Manitowoc has two kids that are--and I am not exaggerating--6' 5" tall. And all three of them can play.

Our 13 year old center is 5' 9".

We did beat Pardeeville after two improbable double-digit comebacks., after which the coaches seemed tempted to but did not actually tape their players to the gym wall.

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2008, 09:05 PM
She took pictures with her cellphone. I don't know of too many dads who goof around with their kids by tying them to a chair. She also got a restraining order.

the restraining order doesn't mean jack. the cellphone pics don't mean jack. But you are right, the incident could have been severely creepy. Or it could have been horseplay. We don't know.

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Our 13 year old center is 5' 9".

I hesitate to ask, but how tall are the guards?

Is this some sort of midget team?

Deputy Nutz
01-16-2008, 09:17 PM
here's my speculation:

the kid is spending his weekend with divorced dad. Dad is goofing around with kid, ties him to chair during game and makes him wear packer uniform. Maybe dad is no prince, but most likely it is just dumb horse play.

Mom hears story from kid when he gets home, decides to nail that no good motherfucker of an ex-husband. Maybe the dad is a little dopey, who knows.

Police have to deal with the situation, it gets in papers.

Thank god we have someone like you to point this out to us. Horse play, because I remember my dad taping me to a chair, never mind, that was your childhood, not mine.

Harlan Huckleby
01-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I didn't mind the taping, but the tennis ball in the mouth kinda sucked.

motife
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Again, since when is this illegal?

The arresting officer should have booked the son. I would have.