PDA

View Full Version : GB TV station messin' with Eli....

digitaldean
01-16-2008, 06:15 PM
From PFT......

_____
TV STATION PULLS "SEINFELD" TO MESS WITH ELI by Michael David Smith

The Green Bay Fox affiliate WLUK says it will not air Seinfeld in its regular Saturday afternoon time slot because it's Eli Manning's favorite show and the station doesn't want Manning to feel welcome when his Giants visit the Packers.

"Why give comfort to the enemy?" said FOX 11 Vice President and General Manager Jay Zollar. "Green Bay Packers fans do not want any of the New York Giants to get a good night's sleep and FOX 11 will do its part."

But if the station really wants to get in Manning's head, why doesn't it take a page from the All-Seinfeld Team and show the episode where Jerry gets the bad haircut?
_________

Ya gotta love the hometown loyalty!!! :lol: :lol:

Fosco33
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Eli probably has all the Seinfeld seasons on DVD.

I'd ask, 'why give a team additional reason to win'.

On ESPN, the Giants were commenting how they didn't have any animosity for the Packers (unlike the Boys) and that they really respect/admire Favre....

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm starting to think that the Giants themselves are thinking they're gonna get slaughtered...this isn't the first thing I've read to make me think that.

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but................
I watched Seinfeld being filmed (cousin was a cameraman), got to meet the whole bunch. The episode I saw was the one where Poppi peed on Jerry's couch.
I also have a copy of the script of the episode where Kramer's 'real' name was revealed.
Just thought I'd share. :wink:

Freak Out
01-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I watched Seinfeld being filmed (cousin was a cameraman), got to meet the whole bunch. The episode I saw was the one where Poppi peed on Jerry's couch.
I also have a copy of the script of the episode where Kramer's 'real' name was revealed.

You mean Cosmo wasn't his real name? I missed that one.

This kind of stuff by the locals is kind of stupid...but they do need to give him a wake up call when it's -5. :lol:

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM

You mean Cosmo wasn't his real name? I missed that one.

This kind of stuff by the locals is kind of stupid...but they do need to give him a wake up call when it's -5. :lol:

Up until that point they had only referred to him as Kramer. 'Cosmo' was a big revelation.

I think it's fun on the local front. Where else but a small place like GB, could this happen? Certainly not NY!

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Somehow I get the feeling the fans at Lambeau will make him feel unwelcome enough...

digitaldean
01-16-2008, 09:11 PM

:jack: :jack:
:P :P

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Come on, by Kevin Bacon's reasoning, it was related..........somewhat. :wink:

Carolina_Packer
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM
All the stations should air the replay of the Giants vs. Vikings game this year when they are in town.

MJZiggy
01-16-2008, 11:01 PM
All the stations should air the replay of the Giants vs. Vikings game this year when they are in town.

That's evil. I think I like it. Or they could replay the Packers/NE SB...

oregonpackfan
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM

I wasn't a big fan of the Seinfeld program but my favorite episode was the one where George faced the embarrassment of "shrinkage" of his private parts. :lol:

Speaking of shrinkage, with the cold weather projected at Lambeau this Sunday, there may be plenty of "shrinkage" going on! :)

BF4MVP
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
There's a poll on fox11online.com asking about what they should air in place of Seinfeld..I voted for a re-run of Monday's "Inside the Huddle with Donald Driver" because I missed it and he had the entire receiving corps as guests..But the overwhelming leader is a Vince Lombardi special that aired like 10 years ago..God, Family, and the Green Bay Packers or something like that..

hurleyfan
01-17-2008, 07:21 AM

I wasn't a big fan of the Seinfeld program but my favorite episode was the one where George faced the embarrassment of "shrinkage" of his private parts. :lol:

Speaking of shrinkage, with the cold weather projected at Lambeau this Sunday, there may be plenty of "shrinkage" going on! :)

I was in the pool :!: :!:

MJZiggy
01-17-2008, 08:23 AM
There's a poll on fox11online.com asking about what they should air in place of Seinfeld..I voted for a re-run of Monday's "Inside the Huddle with Donald Driver" because I missed it and he had the entire receiving corps as guests..But the overwhelming leader is a Vince Lombardi special that aired like 10 years ago..God, Family, and the Green Bay Packers or something like that..

By the way, I believe you can catch that rerun on packers.com.

The Leaper
01-17-2008, 08:41 AM
A replay of the Ice Bowl should be looped on all channels at the Giants hotel.

MJZiggy
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I was just thinking a highlight reel of all of Manning's screw ups...

Harlan Huckleby
01-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I just caught a comment on ESPN about this. Skip Bayless was ranting about how this was such a bush-league, small-town move.

Damn! I think it is a funny publicity stunt. Some people have no sense of humor.

hurleyfan
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Skip Bayless was ranting about how this was such a bush-league, small-town move.

Damn! I think it is a funny publicity stunt. Some people have no sense of humor.

Consider the source... this guy's a dope :!:

packinpatland
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
I just caught a comment on ESPN about this. Skip Bayless was ranting about how this was such a bush-league, small-town move.

Small town is OK. Anyone see that movie 'Mystery Alaska'? Wasn't Oscar worthy........but there was scene where the NY Rangers come out on to the ice, the whole town is in the bleachers, heads behind newspapers, paying the Rangers no mind.

twoseven
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
[quote="digitaldean"]From PFT......

"Green Bay Packers fans do not want any of the New York Giants to get a good night's sleep and FOX 11 will do its part."

[quote]

Wouldn't a 24hr Seinfeld marathon make more sense then?

FritzDontBlitz
01-17-2008, 04:31 PM

Yeah, wasn't it cold that day? And wasn't the final score 42-20?

Badgerinmaine
01-18-2008, 09:46 AM

I think it's in Skip Bayless' contract that he has to go ballistic over something trivial three times an hour. :roll: He's almost as bad as Jim Rome that way.

Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN had a better point: Apparently TBS has back-to-back Seinfeld episodes right after they would have been on local TV in Green Bay. But, maybe they are staying in a fleabag motel with no cable :P

Fritz
01-18-2008, 09:53 AM

I was in the pool :!: :!:

I wonder if Eli's shrinkage will be due to the cold weather or the fact that he's playing in the NFC Championship game...

LL2
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Instead of yanking the show the Fox station should run the show non stop all day long so Eli does nothing but watch the show. Having Eli be a slacker watching the show is better than pulling it so he can focus on the game.

Partial
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM

I think its bush league.

Scott Campbell
01-18-2008, 01:20 PM

I think its bush league.

Well, it is Green Bay.

Freak Out
01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I heard on ESPN this afternoon that they changed a street name from New York to McCarthy for the weekend. GB citizens is this true?

Tony Oday
01-18-2008, 07:07 PM

Small town is OK. Anyone see that movie 'Mystery Alaska'? Wasn't Oscar worthy........but there was scene where the NY Rangers come out on to the ice, the whole town is in the bleachers, heads behind newspapers, paying the Rangers no mind.

lol That was oscar worthy! ;) lolololol but I do like the fact that they are messin with Eli I think its all in good fun though...

packinpatland
01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I just heard that Jerry Seinfeld sent to the Giants' hotel a package of DVD's.... 12 hours worth.
Good ol' Jerry..........damn New Yorker.

oregonpackfan
01-18-2008, 08:18 PM
I just heard that Jerry Seinfeld sent to the Giants' hotel a package of DVD's.... 12 hours worth.

What a waste of time--"Not that there's anything wrong with that!" :)

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2008, 08:52 PM

good publicity stunt for his franchise.

and kinda funny, too.

twoseven
01-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Stupid Mets fan.

]{ilr]3
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I have said it before and i'll say it again.

Sony is the biggest pile of $hit company that has ever existed!

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/01/sony-comes-to-elis-rescue-in-s.html

January 17, 2008
Sony comes to Eli's rescue in Seinfeld flap
The world can now rest easy. Eli Manning will be able to watch his favorite show on TV.

No, the Fox affiliate in Green Bay hasn’t abandoned its self-serving plan to keep “Seinfeld” off the air Saturday night because they heard it was Manning’s favorite show. But Sony has come to the rescue by shipping Manning a DVD player and “Seinfeld: The Complete Series DVD collection.”

Now the Giants quarterback can skip meetings and stay up all night watching every Seinfeld episode ever made, along with countless hours of bonus features. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if he leans into the huddle on Saturday night and says “OK guys, Y-slide, streak left, X38 … yada, yada, yada … on three.”

Personally, I’m always happy to see large corporations come to the aid of the underprivileged like this. It’s a truly heartwarming gesture, don’t you think?

twoseven
01-19-2008, 03:51 PM
{ilr]3]I have said it before and i'll say it again.

Sony is the biggest pile of $hit company that has ever existed!

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/01/sony-comes-to-elis-rescue-in-s.html

January 17, 2008
Sony comes to Eli's rescue in Seinfeld flap
The world can now rest easy. Eli Manning will be able to watch his favorite show on TV.

No, the Fox affiliate in Green Bay hasn’t abandoned its self-serving plan to keep “Seinfeld” off the air Saturday night because they heard it was Manning’s favorite show. But Sony has come to the rescue by shipping Manning a DVD player and “Seinfeld: The Complete Series DVD collection.”

Now the Giants quarterback can skip meetings and stay up all night watching every Seinfeld episode ever made, along with countless hours of bonus features. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if he leans into the huddle on Saturday night and says “OK guys, Y-slide, streak left, X38 … yada, yada, yada … on three.”

Personally, I’m always happy to see large corporations come to the aid of the underprivileged like this. It’s a truly heartwarming gesture, don’t you think?
Anything that allows Eli to forget it'll feel like Antarctica Sunday night until he gets on the field is fine with me.