PDA

View Full Version : Daughter is doing fine in Kenya/Tanzania

oregonpackfan
01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Some of you remember my concern with my 19 year old daughter traveling to Kenya and Tanzania along with classmates and faculty members from Pacific Lutheran University. Just prior to the trip, there was widespread violence in Kenya due to an alleged, rigged, re-election of their President.

We have received 2 emails thus far. They landed in Nairobi without any political problems. Two of the students had their luggage lost(heck, that even happens here in America!) and all of them had to wait an extra 24 hours for their flight to Arusha, Tanzania.

She has already been on a picture-taking safari and relished her experience. Her "Major" challenge thus far has been digging holes in the dirt to relieve herself!--that really appalled her. :lol:

Because she is a blue-eyed redhead, she has attracted a lot of attention from Tanzanians who just want to "touch my hair."

She is scheduled tomorrow to begin here 5 day ascent and descent of Mt. Kilamanjaro.

She supposed to return on Jan. 30th.

OPF

packinpatland
01-16-2008, 07:06 PM
What good news! You have to be relieved.
Oh to be that young and carefree again................

Freak Out
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm jealous....although I am going to Suriname in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear she is having a great trip so far OPF...although things are getting ugly in Kenya again.

GrnBay007
01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Great to hear OPF!

Scott Campbell
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Sounds pretty cool to me. When I was in college I used to think it was pretty adventerous to go to Madison on the weekends.

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Some of you remember my concern with my 19 year old daughter traveling to Kenya and Tanzania along with classmates and faculty members from Pacific Lutheran University. Just prior to the trip, there was widespread violence in Kenya due to an alleged, rigged, re-election of their President.

We have received 2 emails thus far. They landed in Nairobi without any political problems. Two of the students had their luggage lost(heck, that even happens here in America!) and all of them had to wait an extra 24 hours for their flight to Arusha, Tanzania.

She has already been on a picture-taking safari and relished her experience. Her "Major" challenge thus far has been digging holes in the dirt to relieve herself!--that really appalled her. :lol:

Because she is a blue-eyed redhead, she has attracted a lot of attention from Tanzanians who just want to "touch my hair."

She is scheduled tomorrow to begin here 5 day ascent and descent of Mt. Kilamanjaro.

She supposed to return on Jan. 30th.

OPF

She should have saved her hair clippings from her last haircut and sold them to those weirdos.

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, what a trip! Hope she has a great time and stays safe.

Badgerinmaine
01-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Sounds pretty cool to me. When I was in college I used to think it was pretty adventerous to go to Madison on the weekends.

On Halloween, Madison is probably much more dangerous than Kenya. :P

Seriously, OPF, glad to hear how well things have gone.

The Leaper
01-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Good news to hear.

And she'll get back in time to see the Super Bowl. Smart girl.