PDA

View Full Version : Good Omen

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Ten years ago, a late 30s QB (John Elway) was helping lead a team (Denver) to a Super Bowl championship. A mid 20s RB (Terrell Davis) was the catalyst behind the surge to the Super Bowl. In the Super Bowl his team was a double digit underdog to their opponents (Green Bay). His team also lost to their opponent by 35 points the previous year.

Now, a late 30s QB (Brett Favre) is trying to lead his team (Green Bay) to a Super Bowl championship. A mid 20s RB (Ryan Grant) is the catalyst behind the surge to the Super Bowl. If his team gets to the Super Bowl, they will likely be a double digit underdog to their opponents (New England). His team lost to that opponent by 35 points last year.

BF4MVP
01-16-2008, 11:30 PM
The similarities are incredible..Although I haven't totally lost faith in San Diego to pull the upset, if Rivers and Tomlinson both play 8-)

Let's not forget that the Pack have to get past New York too..Although I think we're the better team..

oregonpackfan
01-16-2008, 11:30 PM
History does repeat itself...

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I forgot that both teams run the ZBS.
:D

Iron Mike
01-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Also, both have head coaches that were former 49er Offensive Coordinators.

hurleyfan
01-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Also, both have head coaches that were former 49er Offensive Coordinators.

If the Packers get to play in the superbowl, let's hope "THIS" former offensive Coordinator doesen't get stupid in his playcalling as Holmy did against the Broncos :( :(

Carolina_Packer
01-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Ten years ago, a late 30s QB (John Elway) was helping lead a team (Denver) to a Super Bowl championship. A mid 20s RB (Terrell Davis) was the catalyst behind the surge to the Super Bowl. In the Super Bowl his team was a double digit underdog to their opponents (Green Bay). His team also lost to their opponent by 35 points the previous year.

Now, a late 30s QB (Brett Favre) is trying to lead his team (Green Bay) to a Super Bowl championship. A mid 20s RB (Ryan Grant) is the catalyst behind the surge to the Super Bowl. If his team gets to the Super Bowl, they will likely be a double digit underdog to their opponents (New England). His team lost to that opponent by 35 points last year.

Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick who came out of nowhere to run like a freight train. Ryan Grant was traded for a 6th round draft choice to Green Bay and runs like a freight train.

If the Packers make it to the Super Bowl against New England and Brett has to pick up a first down by running and gets helicoptered while being brought down near the goal line, it will really be eerie.

denverYooper
01-17-2008, 10:16 AM

My sister and her boyfriend came out to Denver for the Broncs-Pack MNF game and they stayed at the Curtis hotel downtown. When we were leaving the hotel for that game, who else did we see in the lobby but John Elway.

Although I don't generally buy into mysticism, that sighting plus all of the similarities you brought up (and the fact that they have a great team) give me a lot of hope, even though the skeptic in me wrassles it down. If Favre ends up doing a helicopter in the SB, I'll do a half gainer into a pool of kool-aid. 8-)

But we're at step 2: got to get through Sunday first...

Hell, no matter what happens, it's a season to remember. I can't wait to be in Titletown this weekend!

:cow: :cow: :cow: