PDA

View Full Version : Terry McAulay will be the Referee Sunday

CaliforniaCheez
01-17-2008, 08:20 AM
My first impression of Terry McAulay's crew when announced has okay. However, when I checked that was the officiating crew for the Redskin game, which was not good.

That could be a disadvantage. I seem to remember some questionable calls (Was that the game with a non touchdown by Bubba and Bubba was hurt?).

Anyway only 4 penalties for 35 yards were called on the Packers while 7 were called on the Redskins for 53 yards.

Can anyone refresh my memory on this officiating crew? This will only be the second game this season with that crew.

MJZiggy
01-17-2008, 08:26 AM
This is what I got. Hmmm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McAulay

packinpatland
01-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm hoping nothing like that 2001 debacle happens. :roll:

The Leaper
01-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Can anyone refresh my memory on this officiating crew? This will only be the second game this season with that crew.

It won't be the same crew. It is an all-star crew, more or less...just with McAulay leading it.

pittstang5
01-17-2008, 08:37 AM
could be worse. I believe Jeff Triplett and his crew are doing the AFC game. I think Triplett's crew is notorious for being flag happy...especially against corners who like to be physical.

MJZiggy
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm hoping nothing like that 2001 debacle happens. :roll:

It's Lambeau Field. You might get boo'ed, but I just can't see the fans tossing debris on the field to the point that they have to stop the game...

CaliforniaCheez
01-17-2008, 08:54 AM
could be worse. I believe Jeff Triplett and his crew are doing the AFC game. I think Triplett's crew is notorious for being flag happy...especially against corners who like to be physical.

That's why I was initially feeling better because I would not want Triplett's crew.

I thought they kept crew's together in the playoffs. When did that change??

MJZiggy
01-17-2008, 09:18 AM
It didn't. Used to be all-star crews, but they weren't used to working together so they switched it to the best groups being given the big games.

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Terry McAuley's crew tends to throw more flags than the avg crew does.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsOfficials

So expect the hankies to be flying all over on Sunday.

mmmdk
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Terry McAuley's crew tends to throw more flags than the avg crew does.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsOfficials

So expect the hankies to be flying all over on Sunday.

Geez :o I hate it when refs kill the game - due to their agenda or what not.

Jerry Tagge
01-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I seem to remember some questionable calls (Was that the game with a non touchdown by Bubba and Bubba was hurt?).

You're absolutely correct. Bubba caught a TD pass and was forced out but the official said it wasn't a force out. The league reviewed the tape and said the official's call was incorrect, that Bubba was forced out and should have been given a TD.

I agree with those who don't like Triplette's crew. Triplette's crew throws more ticky tack flags than any crew out there. Plus Triplette lives in Minnesota.

gbgary
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
as long as it's not ed hockaloogie. his crew screwed us earlier this year.

twoseven
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Does anyone think any of the officials will be inclined to lengthen their time on the field Sunday night by throwing a lot of flags, considering how brutal the temps will be? just a thought.

deake
01-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Also wasn't that the game where they called a questionable holding call on Tauscher that cost us a touchdown to James?

packinpatland
01-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Also wasn't that the game where they called a questionable holding call on Tauscher that cost us a touchdown to James?

Hey Deake, good to hear from you.

I think you're right about that hold. Tauscher next to never gets called on holding.... :roll:

sepporepi
01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
It didn't. Used to be all-star crews, but they weren't used to working together so they switched it to the best groups being given the big games.

Wrong.

It is an all-star crew. Wildcard and Divisionals were done by the best regular season groups.

Championchip Games and Superbowl will be All-Star crews. The selected the best 3 from each position after last weekend, so I suppose each will do one game.

Jimx29
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Better run down to the store and get lots of batteries........ :?

MJZiggy
01-17-2008, 06:47 PM

Wrong.

It is an all-star crew. Wildcard and Divisionals were done by the best regular season groups.

Championchip Games and Superbowl will be All-Star crews. The selected the best 3 from each position after last weekend, so I suppose each will do one game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/03/25/playoff_officials_ap/

Jerry Tagge
01-17-2008, 10:59 PM

Hey Deake, good to hear from you.

I think you're right about that hold. Tauscher next to never gets called on holding.... :roll:
Man, you guys are jogging my memory. Packers ended up kicking a FG because they called Tauscher for a phantom hold on the TD pass to Jones.

This isn't making me feel very good.

Harlan Huckleby
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I want that guy who rode Barnett like a bucking bronco.

pack4to84
01-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Maybe this is his chance to give us some makeup calls. One good thing about his crew stats only called 5 for illegal contact.

The Leaper
01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/03/25/playoff_officials_ap/

That was 2003.

Have they changed it since then? I'm pretty sure I read that he will lead a group of officials that were deemed among the best at their respective positions...although I'm not sure where I read that at this point.