PDA

View Full Version : Media "Black Hole" in NFL Universe.

oregonpackfan
01-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Here in the Pacific Northwest, I feel like I am in a media "Black Hole" when it comes to coverage of the NFL playoffs this Sunday.

In this morning's newspaper, The Oregonian, there was NOT one word printed about the Packer-Giants or Patriots-Chargers game! One would think that they might put some coverage since a West Coast team, the Chargers, are part of the four-team playoffs.

I am grateful that I have access to the internet and ESPN because Oregon's main newspaper is providing minimal coverage of Sunday's game.

Are any of you PackerRats in remote parts of the country experiencing the same lack of coverage?

GrnBay007
01-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I am grateful that I have access to the internet and ESPN

Don't you mean thankful you have access to PR??? :P

packinpatland
01-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Not reading anything would almost be better than it being ALL Patriot or Giants! I'm stuck smack between both. It's hell!!!!!!

BallHawk
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
People still read newspapers? :shock:

Freak Out
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Here in the Pacific Northwest, I feel like I am in a media "Black Hole" when it comes to coverage of the NFL playoffs this Sunday.

In this morning's newspaper, The Oregonian, there was NOT one word printed about the Packer-Giants or Patriots-Chargers game! One would think that they might put some coverage since a West Coast team, the Chargers, are part of the four-team playoffs.

I am grateful that I have access to the internet and ESPN because Oregon's main newspaper is providing minimal coverage of Sunday's game.

Are any of you PackerRats in remote parts of the country experiencing the same lack of coverage?

I will not waste my money on the local rag here...all I ever did was briefly review it and then recycle it. I will say they have an ok sports section....but most of the NFL stories are bought off the wire anyway. The Oregonian looks like the NY Times compared to the Anchorage Daily News.

The Leaper
01-17-2008, 12:06 PM

Probably a hangover from the Seattle loss.

Here in Columbus, the entire front page of the sports section today was designated for coverage of both NFL games...although the choice for the huge color picture in the center of the two game capsules was Brett Favre amid a small snow squall with the title "4 Most in Green Bay". The article is actually one by a Seattle PI writer from last week, but a well chosen one nonetheless.

Ohio loves football...even if their teams aren't in it anymore.

Jimx29
01-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I must be in a white hole then. I'm located in Barron county, and I get 2 FOX, 2 ABC, 2 NBC, and 2 CBS stations. One for the Twin Cities local, and one for my Wisconsin local coverages.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2008, 07:27 PM
OPF - Why dont you just watch NFL Network? Does the rain block the signal? :lol: