PDA

View Full Version : Brett The Jet???

Scott Campbell
01-17-2008, 03:01 PM
I had never heard this story before. Wolf tried to draft Brett when he was with the Jets. Sorry if its been posted elsewhere.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/ny-spjim0117,0,5788068.column

SkinBasket
01-17-2008, 03:06 PM
It was posted yesterday, but i don't remember the title. PIP posted it if you want to look for it.

Scott Campbell
01-17-2008, 03:07 PM
My bad.

woodbuck27
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
That's a good story.

Good for us. :)

PACKERS FOREVER!

FritzDontBlitz
01-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I remember the story, that Wolf wanted him but Atlanta picked him first. Then, as soon as he took over as Packers GM he went inquiring about Brett Favre.

TravisWilliams23
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I remember the Pack getting Ron Wolf as GM and one of his first moves was to bring in Mike Holmgren as the head coach. That seemed like a very good move because Mike was a hot candidate because of the success he had as OC in San Fran. Then I anxiously awaited to see Wolf's drafting ability take hold.
WTF??? He just traded our #1 pick for some kid on the Falcon's name Favre or however it's pronounced!! I'm really bummed out. Just goes to show how much I know about NFL talent.
That's why whenever a Packer GM takes an "unknown" in the draft I remind myself to that "foolish trade" Ron Wolf made for Green Bay in the 90's.

CaliforniaCheez
01-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Kirwin who writes for NFL.com, last year wrote an article about it. He was with the Jets when they traded up to get Brett and he was selected just before their pick.

Kirwin lamented about how different his career might have been if they had been able to draft Brett Favre. Just one pick away.

Fritz
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
I wonder how Wolf knew, his first day on the job, that he could get Favre.

And who was the guy still on the board that the Cards wanted so bad they backed out of the deal with the Jets? The incredible defensive end Mike Jones. Good ol' Mikey Jones.

And the Packers' first two picks? Vinnie Clark, db, Ohio State, and the (in)famous Esera Tuaolo, dt.

Jerry Tagge
01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
And the Packers' first two picks? Vinnie Clark, db, Ohio State, and the (in)famous Esera Tuaolo, dt.
You're right Fritz. How did Tom Braatz ever lose his job????

Jerry Tagge
01-18-2008, 10:35 AM
I've heard Wolf tell the story. He took Browning Nagle since Atlanta got Favre before the Jets picked.

I wonder if the Jets would have traded Favre? We'll never know.

Packers4Glory
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
i remember hearing this story several times over the years.