PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome BLASTS Brett Favre!

gbpackfan
01-17-2008, 04:02 PM
I was just watching Rome is burning on ESPN and in Jim's "final burn," he brought up the story of the dad in Wisconsin that forced his son to wear Packer gear. The dad got arrested because of his actions towards his son.

Anyway, at the end of the statement he said "By the way, #4 is OVER-RATED, he couldn't hold Joe Montana's JOCK...." Rome then went on to say that Troy Aikman was way better too. DAMN!

I used to like Jim Rome. Now I think he's an ass. We can all debate who the best QB ever was, but Favre can hold Montana's jock! :P

BallHawk
01-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I saw it, too.

I believe it was meant as satire.....

gbpackfan
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
You think so. Maybe he was trying to F with the dude he was talking about.

I can usually pick up sarcasim pretty well, and if it was meant that way, I just missed it. But if that is the case, Rome has some poor delivery.

It wasn't funny.

The Leaper
01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Jim Rome is probably one of the least accurate and most annoying sports talk hosts I've ever seen or heard.

He DESPISES anything that doesn't happen on the coasts. If it ain't NY or LA, it is cowtown and lame.

Why people continue to tune him in is beyond me.

BallHawk
01-17-2008, 04:11 PM

I can usually pick up sarcasim pretty well, and if it was meant that way, I just missed it. But if that is the case, Rome has some poor delivery.

It wasn't funny.

Jim Rome's shtick is pretty repetitive and boring. The only time I laughed was when Frank Caliendo was impersonating him.

I was confused about the statement, too.

denverYooper
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
He was stirring the pot. I'm sure it will generate a lot of response :twisted:

woodbuck27
01-17-2008, 04:22 PM
I was just watching Rome is burning on ESPN and in Jim's "final burn," he brought up the story of the dad in Wisconsin that forced his son to wear Packer gear. The dad got arrested because of his actions towards his son.

Anyway, at the end of the statement he said "By the way, #4 is OVER-RATED, he couldn't hold Joe Montana's JOCK...." Rome then went on to say that Troy Aikman was way better too. DAMN!

I used to like Jim Rome. Now I think he's an ass. We can all debate who the best QB ever was, but Favre can hold Montana's jock! :P

Whatever he thinks to himself but to go National with that is over the top with the season Favre had.

It's all on Jim Rome, and whatever shakes for him. :)

PACKERS FOREVER!!

Brewhaha
01-17-2008, 04:53 PM
He didn't mean it in that sense. He was 'being' the kid in the story. Favre was on Rome earlier this year and Rome went on and on for segments about how great Favre is.

gbpackfan
01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
He just didn't set it up very well. He came accross as a giant donkey.

BF4MVP
01-17-2008, 05:12 PM
He didn't mean it in that sense. He was 'being' the kid in the story. Favre was on Rome earlier this year and Rome went on and on for segments about how great Favre is.
I was listening to the radio show today but my boss was talking to me while he was talking about the dad and the kid. Obviously I was listening to my boss so I only caught bits and pieces of what Rome was saying. I heard him say "overrated" and that "he couldn't hold Montana's jock, or Troy Aikman's either, for that matter." I was thinking that he must have been talking about Favre since it was a story about a Packer fan..I figured I must have missed something because Romey would never seriously say something like that..I, too, heard Favre on Rome and heard all the good things Rome said about Favre that day..This makes a lot more sense, thanks for clearing it up.

Brandon494
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM

I heard the show on the radio and he was def. being sarcastic. He was saying thats what the son should have said to his father after being taped. Rome was in no way bashing Favre, he just had him on the show earlier in the year and had Driver on the show last week.

LL2
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I used to like Jim Rome. Now I think he's an ass.

I always thought Rome was an ass. Never liked him.

hurleyfan
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM

A donkey 100 times over :!:

Anyone remember the Jim Evert interview, dickhead Rome kept calling him "Chrisse" until Jim popped him?

Whatever gets ratings and newsprint for ROme

CaliforniaCheez
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
The guy has been a jerk for a long time.

Remember when Jim Everett got angry and just left the set when Rome called him Chris for the third time??

I haven't watched or listened to him since except when carpooling or giving in to the kid a couple of times.

I think he's mad that Favre will not do his show.

digitaldean
01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Jim Rome = overrated blowhard

BF4MVP
01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I think he's mad that Favre will not do his show.
This was from 12/7/07...I highly suggest you listen to it, it's a great interview.

http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1175865

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Rome is actually in love with Favre, and the only time I heard Rome bash Favre is when he layed down for Strahan's sack record.

Packers4Ever
01-17-2008, 09:36 PM

It wasn't funny.

No, it wasn't funny and I'm sure not laughing either. How dare he come out with such a stupid comment. I've only watched him a few times and this guy is an imbecile. People - and not just Packers' fans - will recognize this in a hurry as so very many people around the country admire Brett and respect him for what he's accomplished over the years.

Where did they dig him up anyway?

How STUPID !!!!!! :evil:

Jerry Tagge
01-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Jim Rome is the media equivalent of an internet troll. He has nothing intelligent to say so he just spews garbage with the intent to flame.

Jim Everett should have punched him in the mouth. Maybe that would shut him up.

Scott Campbell
01-17-2008, 10:57 PM

A donkey 100 times over :!:

Anyone remember the Jim Evert interview, dickhead Rome kept calling him "Chrisse" until Jim popped him?

Whatever gets ratings and newsprint for ROme

For those who don't remember. Rome is a jerk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c

CaliforniaCheez
01-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks Scott. I was living in LA when that happened in the 80's. I don't think Rome was national then. He was just an LA punk and got treated like one.

NewsBruin
01-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow, Jimbo said something on Rome is Flaming.

The guy comes off as an attention whore who must have had his bike/girlfriend/lunchbox/My Little Pony stolen by a varsity athlete.

packinpatland
01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
That's the first time I've seen that clip. Very Springer-like. What a jerk.