PDA

View Full Version : O-line gets some love

VanPackFan
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't know if any of you are familar with Football Outsiders.com, but I find it to generally be an entertaining and informative place with stuff you don't always find on the mainstream sites.
Anyhow, found this article posted this week and thought I'd post it here. I'm not sure when the Packers offensive line went from mediocre/average to good, but here's some play-by-play analysis indicating this 'may' be the case.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2008/01/16/ramblings/every-play-counts/6025/

GrnBay007
01-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Good article VanPackFan. Thanks for posting it.

Fritz
01-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I myself am a bit concerned about the O-line this week. Apparently M3 got all over Darryn Colledge this week for effing up in practice, to the point where he was pass-blocking on a run play. The guy seems to have a tendency to play one or two good games then slack off and play furschitzen. Dude better step it up this week.

Noodle
01-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Man, Colledge continues to worry me. Did you catch that analysis of Favre's flip to Donald Lee and how the passpro broke down because Colledge effed up huge?

I know it can take a while to develop, and maybe he'll get there yet, but I just have not been impressed with Colledge. If I were the Giants, I'd be schemeing stunts to make him make decisions. Chances are good he'll fug it up. Not good if Favre is getting whacked on a wicked cold day by inside pressure.

Fritz
01-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, you can be sure they're trying to figure out how to exploit Colledge. He's the weak link in the chain.

Rastak
01-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Those guys have looked pretty damn good the last couple of weeks.

Partial
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
The line has been excellent for the past two games. As good as an offensive line can be.

I think this week we'll see another solid performance. It took until about week 8, but our line has been pretty solid since then. I still think TT looks to add another tackle and guard this off-season, though.

Packers4Ever
01-18-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know if any of you are familar with Football Outsiders.com, but I find it to generally be an entertaining and informative place with stuff you don't always find on the mainstream sites.
Anyhow, found this article posted this week and thought I'd post it here. I'm not sure when the Packers offensive line went from mediocre/average to good, but here's some play-by-play analysis indicating this 'may' be the case.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2008/01/16/ramblings/every-play-counts/6025/

VanPackFan, I just spent over an hour @ footballoutsiders.com, very informative and interesting. I didn't know until tonight how Brett's 'flip pass' to Donald Lee came about - here I thought (and I'll bet others did too) that it was just Brett being Brett again. Lots of O Line info too, I'll be going back there some more, thanks !