PDA

View Full Version : Prisco - Great article on McCarthy

GrnBay007
01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
I didn't see this posted yet. Good article on McCarthy.

Love this part:

As the clock neared three minutes in the Packers' resounding 42-20 victory over the Seahawks, McCarthy took a short stroll down the team's bench and then had one of those seminal moments in life, the kind where your body feels the flush of just how fortunate you can be.

"I kind of walked down the sidelines and checked on the four-minute offense and just looked up and thought how awesome it was," McCarthy said Thursday. "The crowd was going crazy, the snow was coming down, the game was in hand and I thought I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I told myself, 'this is awesome.'

"It's something I'll never forget. I get goose bumps talking about it. It was like something you'd see in the movies."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10583530/1

packinpatland
01-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Nice.

MadtownPacker
01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
"The crowd was going crazy, the snow was coming down, the game was in hand and I thought I'm the luckiest guy in the world."You couldn't ask for a better HC then this. We are some lucky fans.

Jimx29
01-18-2008, 12:19 PM
sig worthy indeed

GrnBay007
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
The rest of the article is good as well. I didn't know, or at least don't remember hearing, that Favre and McCarthy's relationship was strained initially.