PDA

View Full Version : Some Credit to Wolf and Sherman

Fritz
01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, I've been a staunch TT supporter from the get-go, but in looking at the roster one also has to give the two previous GM's some credit. Wolf still has Favre, Franks, Clifton, Tauscher, Driver, and KGB on the team (probably not an exhaustive list but those come to mind immediately), and even ol' Shermy has Harris, Barnett, Williams, Kampman, Wells, Jenkins, Cole (?) and Nall on the team. Funny how Wolf's players still on the team are primarily on the offensive side of the ball, and Sherman's are on the defensive side.

Like most successful projects, no one person can or should get all the credit.

Deputy Nutz
01-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Without a doubt Wolf and Sherman contributed, it is a franchise after all and just because a GM retires, or is fired doesn't mean that they didn't leave an impact both negatively and positively. I am sure you can go way back with these guys and they will give credit to their Pop Warner Coaches as well.

Fritz
01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
True, true. I'm surprised, in a way, that Wolf still has so many players left on the team. He retired a while ago now. I wonder how many players from 2001 and before are still left on other teams. Actually, you'd have to go back further than 2001, to 2000, cuz nobody from the infamous 2001 Jamaal Reynolds draft is still on the team. Not Bhawoh Jue, not Torrance Marshall, not Robert Ferguson, not Bill Ferrario, not even David Martin.

Joemailman
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Of course, all GM's, even mediocre ones like Sherman manage to nab some good players. The team that Wolf inherited from Tom Braatz had Leroy Butler, Chuck Cecil, Johnny Holland, Brian Noble, Sterling Sharpe and Bryce Paup.

Jerry Tagge
01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Of course, all GM's, even mediocre ones like Sherman manage to nab some good players. The team that Wolf inherited from Tom Braatz had Leroy Butler, Chuck Cecil, Johnny Holland, Brian Noble, Sterling Sharpe and Bryce Paup.
And Lester Archambeau.

Fritz
01-18-2008, 10:21 AM
And Tony Bennett. And Jackie Harris.

Cripes, why'd Braatz get fired, anyway?

Jerry Tagge
01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Don't forget about Darrell Thompson.

Deputy Nutz
01-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Don't forget about Darrell Thompson.

That guy could run straight. That is the best thing I could think to say about him.

Carolina_Packer
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
And Tony Bennett. And Jackie Harris.

Cripes, why'd Braatz get fired, anyway?

Lindy Infante

Scott Campbell
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm of the opinion that Sherman the GM hurt us far more than he helped us. Though he didn't miss on EVERY move. So I guess he gets credit for not permanently crippling the franchise.

Freak Out
01-18-2008, 11:38 AM
cuz nobody from the infamous 2001 Jamaal Reynolds draft is still on the team. Not Bhawoh Jue, not Torrance Marshall, not Robert Ferguson, not Bill Ferrario, not even David Martin.

That is sad as hell...7 years removed and all are gone..many are out of the NFL.

Sparkey
01-18-2008, 04:54 PM
cuz nobody from the infamous 2001 Jamaal Reynolds draft is still on the team. Not Bhawoh Jue, not Torrance Marshall, not Robert Ferguson, not Bill Ferrario, not even David Martin.

That is sad as hell...7 years removed and all are gone..many are out of the NFL.

Considering the average NFL players lasts less than 3 years, its not all that suprising. More so, it points out how no significant talent was drafted that year.