PDA

View Full Version : Small Town Oregon boy to start in Packers-Giants game

oregonpackfan
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Kevin Boss, a rookie from Division II Western Oregon, has been starting as the Giants Tight End since Jeremy Shockey broke his leg.

Coming from tiny Philomath, Oregon, Boss received only 1 scholarship offer coming out of high school. He accepted Western Oregon's scholarship. He is now starting in the NFL Championship game as a rookie. It is a remarkable story.(Don't worry, I am still hoping for a Packers' win this Sunday! :) )

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1200630308117940.xml&coll=7

Deputy Nutz
01-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Hopefully our secondary doesn't make him a star.

BallHawk
01-18-2008, 11:11 AM
OPF, was this the guy you were saying the Pack should pick up in the draft?

If so, good call. He's looked good since Shockey got hurt.

Freak Out
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey, what about that small town Alaskan boy starting for the packer?

Fosco33
01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
One of my subordinates grew up and lives in Redmond.

He was telling me a story of how Boss was the main reason why his fiance called off the wedding. One of Boss's friends (who was a girl) had a previous history with my coworker and that somehow got to Boss who's friends with the fiance....

Needless to say, he's cheering for the Pack this weekend. 8-)

4forfour
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
What about the small town Wisconsin boy....Mark Tauscher

Tarlam!
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
These are the posts, OPF, that make you you. I loved meeting you at the gathering, and I encourage all Rats to be there this year - if only to meet the Gentleman Rat - OPF! If we had to nominate royalty, he#d be the duke.

BTW, L would be the duchess...

Partial
01-18-2008, 12:50 PM

That was Joe Newton a tight end from UO.

MJZiggy
01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
These are the posts, OPF, that make you you. I loved meeting you at the gathering, and I encourage all Rats to be there this year - if only to meet the Gentleman Rat - OPF! If we had to nominate royalty, he#d be the duke.

I'm afraid to even ponder what that would make me... :lol:

oregonpackfan
01-18-2008, 06:07 PM

That was Joe Newton a tight end from UO.

Actually, Joe Newton is from Oregon State, not Oregon. While it hardly matters for most people, that mistake would be "Fightin' words" for some Beavers and Ducks fans! :)

Any yes, Partial, I did encourage fans to keep an eye on Joe Newton. The Seahawks drafted him. He is now a member of their(dang, what is the modern phrase for "Taxi Squad?).

oregonpackfan
01-18-2008, 06:08 PM

Thanks for you kind words, Tarlam.

BTW, Packer Rats, I paid Tarlam good money to print those words! :lol:

Packers4Ever
01-18-2008, 08:36 PM
What about the small town Wisconsin boy....Mark Tauscher

Yeah !! Let's all hear it for Mark ! :five: