PDA

View Full Version : What's the Packers' Mood?

Fritz
01-19-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm really curious about this, especially from you good people who live in Wisconsin. When the Packers were preparing for the Seattle game, the reports seemed to indicate that the practices were some of the best of the year. Things seemed lively and from what I could tell from this distance, the mood seemed upbeat and all business amongst the players.

Now I don't have any sense of the mood amongst the players and coaches. I read earlier this week that Colledge got yelled at pretty bad in practice, then I see an article today where he's discounting himself - talking about possibly needing help inside with Tuck - and that scares me. After all, Tauscher said last week, about Kearney, that as soon as an o-lineman starts thinking he needs help, he's already lost.

I'm getting worried as the game gets closer. So can anybody tell me what the mood is this week compared to last?

Bretsky
01-19-2008, 09:04 AM
They've had a good week of practice; been freezing balls to get them ready to catch balls in cold cold weather.

Colledge is incredibly inconsistent. If you recall his stints he seems to respond well to getting benched but about the time he feels secure he breaks down.

If GB loses tomorrow my gut tells me we'll be pointing to the OG play and turnovers.

But I don't think GB will lose.

We are the better team

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 09:21 AM
According to yesterday's press conferences (which should be posted by now if you wanna watch them), the team is feeling good, trying not to get too worked up so it doesn't sap all their energy, they're focused they practiced well particularly Thursday according to the coach and Al Harris didn't even slam anyone in the media room...Coach says they're ready.

RashanGary
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't know how many poeple watch every press conference, but I do watch ever one and have since the beginning of the year. Honestly, they're a little excited for the oppertunity, but they're pretty much they same as they've been all year. Football seems really important to these guys. They were amped to start the season. They were amped to better their record each week and now their amped to continue playing into the superbowl.

They seem like a great group of guys, always having fun, but always working hard. Pretty much same thing they've done all year. Brett is relaxing a little more now. All season he had an urgency and fear that things would crumble. Now he doesn't do that. He knows thier good. That said, when MM, or the players talk about Brett's leadership they always talk about his work ethic. Apparently Brett is one of the hardest workers in that lockerroom. MM has said a few times that Brett stays late to watch tape. The feeling I get is that Brett wants to play loose and have fun so he's trying to just work hard and leave it on the field but at the same time he's preparing very hard wants to be ready on Sunday.

Overall, I get the impression that this team is ready to play. They know what happened in Chicago and they do not want to repeat it. They are talking about just focusing on each play, each responsibility and putting the game ahead of their comfort for 60 minutes. They are bound and determined not to lose because of the cold. I've heard a couple guys say, when this game is over, we're not going to have lost because it is cold. We're giving everythign we have to every play. .

Same general focus they've had all year, but these are some of the things that I've heard. I get the impression that this team is VERY ready. I also think our OT's matching up on their best players really favors us. MOst teams have trouble with Umeniora and Strahan. I think we match up well against this team so they're ready and I think they're able. I'm predicting a double digit victory.

Fritz
01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the responses. I did watch a couple of the clips, and from what I can gather they sound pretty confident in a low-key way. Also, thanks JH for the season-long perspective.

Go Pack!

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Colledge has had a couple of good games in a row. He's played against Shaun Rogers/Cory Redding and Rocky Bernard, so he hasn't been going against complete stiffs. Hopefully, it will continue.

pbmax
01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Bedard told a story in the JSOnline blog where an unamed player was in the shower loudly belting out an American Idol tune (My Brother? whatever song was a You Tube hit that the singer had wrote himself) and had everyone laughing. His comment was the team was clearly loose.

Bretsky
01-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Colledge has had a couple of good games in a row. He's played against Shaun Rogers/Cory Redding and Rocky Bernard, so he hasn't been going against complete stiffs. Hopefully, it will continue.

He could be the unsung here or goat

Patler
01-19-2008, 11:07 AM
When Ryan Pickett was made available for media questions, he was introduced by his "press agent".....KGB. I heard it was pretty funny, with KGB outlining the ground rules under which Pickett would answer questions!

Freak Out
01-19-2008, 11:54 AM
When Ryan Pickett was made available for media questions, he was introduced by his "press agent".....KGB. I heard it was pretty funny, with KGB outlining the ground rules under which Pickett would answer questions!

That's a sign of a loose, confident locker room. Having fun.

Scott Campbell
01-19-2008, 06:02 PM
They seem to like eachother. That helps.

vince
01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
I did see Pickett's presser and I was impressed by his perspective and attitude toward the upcoming game and just being a Packer in general. Of all the press conferences this week, I think I enjoyed listening to him the most. He's just a big guy with such a respect for his teammates, the game and his lot in life.

packinpatland
01-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I think the mood is good. ........................we're good. :cow:

Patler
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I did see Pickett's presser and I was impressed by his perspective and attitude toward the upcoming game and just being a Packer in general. Of all the press conferences this week, I think I enjoyed listening to him the most. He's just a big guy with such a respect for his teammates, the game and his lot in life.

Did you hear the intro by KGB? I'm not sure if it was right before it, or just something KGB came in and did. I heard a couple reporters talking about it, who thought it was quite funny.

Patler
01-19-2008, 09:37 PM

TT seems to be actively collecting a lot of those types, and keeping the ones who were already here.

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Did you hear the intro by KGB? I'm not sure if it was right before it, or just something KGB came in and did. I heard a couple reporters talking about it, who thought it was quite funny.

Does anyone know if this is somewhere on the internet? Or which show it was on? I've got about ten different shows taped off the NFL Network, I'm watching them as I sit here with my laptop.

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 09:55 PM
I just watched it to see if the intro was there and though it wasn't, that is the most cheerful, happy person I've seen in a while. If I'm ever sad, I will just bring up that PC cause I just couldn't help smiling with him.

It's on packers.com, just scroll down through the vids and you'll find him.

Patler
01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
I just watched it to see if the intro was there and though it wasn't, that is the most cheerful, happy person I've seen in a while. If I'm ever sad, I will just bring up that PC cause I just couldn't help smiling with him.

It's on packers.com, just scroll down through the vids and you'll find him.

I remember when Pickett signed. He said he came to GB and knew right away it was the place for him.....because his wife told him so! He said she loved it, so he had no choice but to sign!

Smart, smart man! :D :D

Packers4Ever
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM

TT seems to be actively collecting a lot of those types, and keeping the ones who were already here.

Yesterday someone on our Forum mentioned having gone over to
footballoutsiders.com and found a lot of info and discussion re Colledge. I checked it out later, quite informative....

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 10:12 PM
He said in the presser that he signed because when he talked to the coaches and the other players there was something different going on, they were going in a different direction and he wanted to be a part of it. Guess he just didn't want to let the WHOLE world know who wears the Pickett pants!! :lol:

He said it's an unwritten rule that anyone over 300 lbs. doesn't wear sleeves on gameday.

Patler
01-19-2008, 10:42 PM
He said it's an unwritten rule that anyone over 300 lbs. doesn't wear sleeves on gameday.

Real men don't wear sleeves! But in the "Ice Bowl" they did, and apparently pantyhose too! Someone on the staff came up with the idea, to avoid the bulk of any undergarment available back then. The story was they emptied the shelves in GB of all pantyhose suitable for the more robust size women! As I recall, at the time they claimed the pantyhose made them stay warmer and better able to perform in the frigid temperatures.

In this day and age of Under Armour and similar products, I don't understand the whole sleeveless thing. You can be comfortable without bulk and without restriction. Many hockey players wear it so their muscles stay warm and loose.