The Leaper
01-19-2008, 02:28 PM
FROM Weather Underground:

@6pm on Sunday
Green Bay, WI

0 degrees
6mph winds from the WNW
47% cloud cover

The forecast high for tomorrow is now 2 degrees.

packinpatland
01-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Gotta love Lambeau!!!!!!

New York's Eli Manning — who has played in just one game with temperatures under 30 degrees — is expected to wear a glove on his left hand to better handle the snap (he's a right-handed thrower). Conversely, the Packers have one of the greatest all-time cold-weather players.

GrnBay007
01-19-2008, 03:10 PM
It's probably a good thing it's going to be semi clowdy.

I don't know how these guys play in these conditions. It is -4F here today and windchill of -15F. It's horrible!!

Lurker64
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
The NOAA (National Oceanic and Atomspheric Administration) has the following data for tomorrow night's weather.

Weather (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?w0=t&w1=td&w2=wc&w3=sfcwind&w4=sky&w5=pop&w6=rh&w7=thunder&w8=rain&w9=snow&w10=fzg&w11=sleet&AheadHour=23&Submit=Submit&FcstType=graphical&textField1=44.52160&textField2=-87.98980&site=all)

Highlights:

1˚ at kickoff steadily decreasing to around -1˚ by the end of the game.

Wind chill of -13˚ at kickoff steadily decreasing to about -16˚ by the end of the game.

Consistent windspeeds of around 8 MPH with no gusts to speak of.

Consistent Dew Point of around -9˚ which gives only a 9% of precipitation, increasing as the game goes on.

All in all, it won't be windy enough to really hurt the passing game. It won't be snowy enough to really make the footing bad. It will, however, but butt cold.

For reference, 8 MPH on the Beaufort wind scale is enough for "Leaves and smaller twigs in constant motion." but not enough for "Dust and loose paper raised. Small branches begin to move." (the latter is 13-18 mph). For the more nautically inclined, an 8-12 MPH wind is "Large wavelets. Crests begin to break; scattered whitecaps", whereas a 13-18 MPH wind is "small waves." An 8 MPH wind is categorized as "gentle breeze." So, yeah, we can throw the ball in this.

GrnBay007
01-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Any article you read now about the games tomorrow has a focus on the weather. I sure hope all this nasty, frigid temp, talk is not freaking out the young guys. I hope they are thinking about the game and not the weather.

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Any article you read now about the games tomorrow has a focus on the weather. I sure hope all this nasty, frigid temp, talk is not freaking out the young guys. I hope they are thinking about the game and not the weather.

Best I can see the only heads all this talk is messing with are the ones that traveled from New York.