PDA

View Full Version : Today (Saturday) is a waste

VegasPackFan
01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Is anyone else just biding their time today? I mean, this is ridiculous, I have absolutley nothing to do but WAIT for tomorrow. UGH!!!!

Might just have to start drinking or something. Maybe go play some poker. Anything to just get this day over with.

PackerTimer
01-19-2008, 04:31 PM
I actually decided I would go to the office and get some work done. Watch the Badgers destroy Northwestern tonight and I'll be good. Just gotta keep myself busy.

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Take your kids to a movie?

orbindale65
01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
slept til noon, ironed my shirts for next week, put on what i'm wearing for the game tomorrow. i'm set. fall asleep to foxnews tonite. maybe take a valium in the morning.
they had a hilite 1/2 hour about the 62 championship on nfl net, put it on the tivo. i want to see one on the 61 game at Green Bay.

GrnBay007
01-19-2008, 05:03 PM
put on what i'm wearing for the game tomorrow. i'm set. fall asleep to foxnews tonite. maybe take a valium in the morning.

LOL! Too funny!! :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
01-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Why not watch the game? the East West Shrine game on ESPN 2.

Scott Campbell
01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I went skiing, and talked about the game on every chairlift.

VegasPackFan
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Got some lunch with my wife and then we went shopping for a new Packers hat for her to wear tomorrow. Back home now and I think I will pop the top off the first brew.

packinpatland
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I went to see the 'Bucket List'......should have waited for DVD.
Wore my Packer gloves......elicited several comments from the locals. :wink:

oregonpackfan
01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
My wife, my 13 year old, and I went to the Portland International Dog Show today. It had every breed of dog you could imagine, and some breeds you would never imagine! :)

I saw a surprising number of people there wearing Packer gear. Needless to say, I thought it was my moral responsibility to begin conversations with them.

I'm sure my 13 year old thought, "I can't take him anywhere!" :lol:

Rastak
01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
My wife, my 13 year old, and I went to the Portland International Dog Show today. It had every breed of dog you could imagine, and some breeds you would never imagine! :)

I saw a surprising number of people there wearing Packer gear. Needless to say, I thought it was my moral responsibility to begin conversations with them.

Sounds cool! Getting off topic but my wife loves dogs and dog shows are pretty cool.

Bet that was fun as hell.

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm glad this thread was started. I was feeling stupid for feeling the same way you all are feeling. I went to work today just to make the day go faster. Now, I am sitting in bed with my laptop here on Packerrats (with my second family, the one I chose :wink: ) and watching NFL Network. How nerve racking. I'm so nervous about the weather. I froze my ass off just walking to and from my truck!! Is it gonna be colder or warmer tomorrow?

packinpatland
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm glad this thread was started. I was feeling stupid for feeling the same way you all are feeling. I went to work today just to make the day go faster. Now, I am sitting in bed with my laptop here on Packerrats (with my second family, the one I chose :wink: ) and watching NFL Network. How nerve racking. I'm so nervous about the weather. I froze my ass off just walking to and from my truck!! Is it gonna be colder or warmer tomorrow?

Sitting in bed......what time zone are you in?

GBRulz
01-19-2008, 07:08 PM
I am so glad the game isn't today. I mean, I know the game will still be cold tomorrow but not as bad as today. The windchilld is absolutely insane. It was -42 when I woke up today. It's warmed up to -18 right now in GB though!

We changed our plans for watching the game tomorrow. Now, everyone is coming over to my house, so tonight I went out shopping. Got the beer first, put it in my trunk and had to hurry with my errands as I was afraid of the beer bottles freezing. I am not an alcohol abuser :wink:

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Sitting in bed......what time zone are you in?

Central. Pathetic, huh? It's not even 7:30 and i'm in my PJ's waitin' fer tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya' tomorrow, you're always a day a---way!!!!!!!!!

packinpatland
01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Take an Ambien.........hurry things along.

Charles Woodson
01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Man i dont think the packers could have gotten me a better gift,
tomorrows my birthday on top of the game so im super excited

packinpatland
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Memo to self.............wish CW a Happy Birthday.

But because I will most likely forget.......... :glug: Have a great day, and Happy Birthday!

swede
01-19-2008, 07:58 PM

Have you told your family that you're not taking "wishing you a happy birthday" calls from kickoff until about 10:00?

Farley Face
01-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Is it gonna be colder or warmer tomorrow?

From PackersNews.com:

The good news, if you can call it that, is that it'll be warmer for Sunday night's NFC championship game at Lambeau Field than it was today in Green Bay.

On a clear, sunny day, the high temperature in Green Bay was 3 below zero at mid-afternoon, according to the National Weather Service office in Ashwaubenon.

Then the temperature started falling again. Shortly after sunset, it was 5 below with a wind chill of 21 below.

Or, if you prefer your readings from The Weather Channel, it was 5 below with a wind chill of 25 below.

Bitterly cold, either way.

The National Weather Service issued a wind chill advisory, saying: "The combination of northwest winds of 10 to 15 mph and cold temperatures will result in dangerous wind chill values of 20 to 35 below zero through Sunday morning. With readings this low, frostbite of exposed skin can occur in as little as 15 to 30 minutes."

According to The Weather Channel, it won't be above zero until midday Sunday, with the warmer temperatures bringing a 30 percent chance for snow flurries during daylight hours.

When the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants kick off at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, it's expected to be 5 and dry with light west winds and a wind chill of 9 below. By game's end, it's expected to be 2 with a wind chill of 10 below.

Packers4Ever
01-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Is anyone else just biding their time today? I mean, this is ridiculous, I have absolutley nothing to do but WAIT for tomorrow. UGH!!!!

Might just have to start drinking or something. Maybe go play some poker. Anything to just get this day over with.

Yep, VegasPackFan, just biding my time all day and it drove me nuts!
I don't know which was worse, feeling nervous and edgy for days before the Seattle game, or this. Maybe I'm a lot less worried about this game with the Giants, but that's not good, Giants could blast us and we'd be licking our wounds for days, :cry:

I think I have a bottle of Chardonnay up in the cupboard yet :P

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Is it gonna be colder or warmer tomorrow?

From PackersNews.com:

The good news, if you can call it that, is that it'll be warmer for Sunday night's NFC championship game at Lambeau Field than it was today in Green Bay.

On a clear, sunny day, the high temperature in Green Bay was 3 below zero at mid-afternoon, according to the National Weather Service office in Ashwaubenon.

Then the temperature started falling again. Shortly after sunset, it was 5 below with a wind chill of 21 below.

Or, if you prefer your readings from The Weather Channel, it was 5 below with a wind chill of 25 below.

Bitterly cold, either way.

The National Weather Service issued a wind chill advisory, saying: "The combination of northwest winds of 10 to 15 mph and cold temperatures will result in dangerous wind chill values of 20 to 35 below zero through Sunday morning. With readings this low, frostbite of exposed skin can occur in as little as 15 to 30 minutes."

According to The Weather Channel, it won't be above zero until midday Sunday, with the warmer temperatures bringing a 30 percent chance for snow flurries during daylight hours.

When the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants kick off at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, it's expected to be 5 and dry with light west winds and a wind chill of 9 below. By game's end, it's expected to be 2 with a wind chill of 10 below.

Frostbite can occur after 15 minutes!!!!! And Driver said that he was going without sleeves as usual. I didn't realize he did that because he fumbled with sleeves on early in his career. I just thought he liked showing the guns. I don't know how these guys are gonna survive. I don't think I've ever been in below zero temperatures for more than about 15 or 20 minutes. Does anyone have a good cold weather story as we are all biding our time tonight?

Charles Woodson
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM

Have you told your family that you're not taking "wishing you a happy birthday" calls from kickoff until about 10:00?

haha well its a good thing that im only turning 16 and i live at home... my mom already knows not to bother me or anything while the games on

gbgary
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Today (Saturday) is a waste

watched Manchester United win this morning, went to the office for an hour, then watched the barrett-jackson auction this afternoon and evening. from time to time i flipped over and watched the Mavs take apart seattle. yawning as i type this. i sure wish the game was at noon like Packers games are supposed to be. :)

Partial
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM

I always love the OPF family stories. You guys seem to live very active lives with plenty of family fun. That's wonderful!

Partial
01-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I am so glad the game isn't today. I mean, I know the game will still be cold tomorrow but not as bad as today. The windchilld is absolutely insane. It was -42 when I woke up today. It's warmed up to -18 right now in GB though!

We changed our plans for watching the game tomorrow. Now, everyone is coming over to my house, so tonight I went out shopping. Got the beer first, put it in my trunk and had to hurry with my errands as I was afraid of the beer bottles freezing. I am not an alcohol abuser :wink:

Funny story about that. Right after Christmas I received a gift of a 4 pack of beer from someone. I put them in my backseat and forgot about them for a few days. I was driving around downtown on night and I thought I heard a gun shot only to turn around a notice a frozen beer fountain forming in my backseat :lol:

Twas a mess to clean up, but it was pretty funny.

Partial
01-19-2008, 10:35 PM

Happy early B-day. Got any fun plans before the game?

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Damnit, these tylenol pms are kicking in, and i want to keep chatting, its too early to go to sleep, i want to sleep in til noon!!

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Today (Saturday) is a waste

watched Manchester United win this morning, went to the office for an hour, then watched the barrett-jackson auction this afternoon and evening. from time to time i flipped over and watched the Mavs take apart seattle. yawning as i type this. i sure wish the game was at noon like Packers games are supposed to be. :)

I somehow KNEW I was missing soccer today...

VegasPackFan
01-20-2008, 12:46 AM
crap! I dont think I'm sleeping tonight.

Iron Mike
01-20-2008, 01:21 AM
Sounds cool! Getting off topic but my wife loves dogs and dog shows are pretty cool.

Ask her if she wants to watch Winnie some weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/winneh.jpg

esoxx
01-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Why would a Saturday be a waste?

Strange.