PDA

View Full Version : Kickoff Times

Freak Out
01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
I hate the fact that they are starting the games so late these days. What the hell happened to the noon and three eastern time starts?

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
The late game is typically the marquee game and the other one is late because they want the prime time ratings.

digitaldean
01-19-2008, 08:28 PM
It's so the networks can get the NFL into the prime time ratings.

They've been doing it for the past 3-4 years.

I think it stinks. This is the epitomy of lack of respect for players and fans. The noon and 4 pm kickoff times were perfect. Now you expect fans to sit in EVEN COLDER weather because of this!

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 08:33 PM
That's what sucks. We have to wait so long before even the Pats game. I'm gonna try and stay up late and sleep in til noon. Maybe I'll watch a movie tonight.

oregonpackfan
01-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Out here in the West Coast, kickoff time is 3:30 p.m.--a little more suitable time. My wife knows she will not have to cook for me because I will be off watching it and snacking with my Packer buddies. We are cooking Johnsonville Brats just for the occasion.

Game temperature out here will be in the mid-40s--slightly warmer than Green Bay! :)

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Wait until someone gets a little too liquored up and they die in the cold at 10 oclock in the evening in -45 degree windchill temps,

Ratings people. Night game in the middle of January in Green Bay, priceless.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 08:33 AM
It's so the networks can get the NFL into the prime time ratings.

They've been doing it for the past 3-4 years.

I think it stinks. This is the epitomy of lack of respect for players and fans. The noon and 4 pm kickoff times were perfect. Now you expect fans to sit in EVEN COLDER weather because of this! They aren't expecting fans to do anything. It just so happens that this year both games are being played in VERY cold weather. Usually you can count on one game on the west coast or in a dome. This year is a fluke.