PDA

View Full Version : Tired

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Things I'm tired of hearing.

1) The Giants have improved since week 2. That may be true, but so has Green Bay. Our two biggest playmakers, Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant, didn't even play in that game.

2) The Packers might struggle in the cold. Most reference the Bears loss as the reason why. That was a fluke game because of the ridiculous winds.

3) Brett Favre is taking care of the ball for the first time in his career. Nonsense. His interception rate is comparable to 10 other years in his career. I'd say he's just back to playing like he did in his MVP years. It's easy to forget just how good he was in his prime. It's why he's considered one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL.

4) Anything about Eli Manning. Especially anything to do with Jerry Seinfeld.

5) The Giants are going to get after Brett Favre. Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton. They've been known to shut down stud DEs before--including the guys they are going against this weekend.

6) The Giants are 9-1 on the road this year. Green Bay has won 18 of their last 21 games--including 10 of 11 at home.

Most experts are picking the Packers, but reading the reports you wonder why they aren't picking the Giants.
:D

Add your own.

BF4MVP
01-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm sick of people talking about the weather more than they talk about the game itself.

I'm sick of the Patriots dominating SportsCenter while the Packers get hardly any coverage.

Yours is a very nice list.

MJZiggy
01-19-2008, 09:38 PM
1. Amen
2. This is the third cold weather game for the Pack. How many cold-weather games have the Giants even played in? I don't remember the Packers struggling against the Lions..

3. Amen. He's just back to normal.
4. Anything about what a wonderful QB Eli is. That's the wrong Manning kid, folks. You've confused him with his older brother. The one who can play.
5. Actually Jim Mora gave both of them props today, but they keep forgetting about Kampman and KGB. Our boys can rush too. Guess which QB will handle it better...
6. AMEN
7. I'm sick of hearing about how Jacobs and Bradshaw are gonna run all over us. Who are they kidding? We shut down LT and AP and most every other tailback that's gone against us. I don't see them being any better than LT...

4and12to12and4
01-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm sick of hearing about the Giants pass rush, how they led the league in sacks. If they weren't out on the field constantly because of their sputtering offense, they wouldn't have such high sack totals. It is also a negative factor for them, they overplay the run like Indy used to.

PlantPage55
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
3) Brett Favre is taking care of the ball for the first time in his career. Nonsense. His interception rate is comparable to 10 other years in his career. I'd say he's just back to playing like he did in his MVP years. It's easy to forget just how good he was in his prime. It's why he's considered one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL.

Bingo. This is a Big one. I just thought that analysts were just commenting on how bad Brett's play was for 2 years there, but I've learned this season that they have plumb FORGOTTEN that he has had one of the greatest careers ever by a quarterback. They must have forgotten, because they act like he has just now developed into a star. Holy Jesus does that make me mad. They ignore the offensive losses and injuries we had to endure these last few years and act like Brett's reckless years were the RULE instead of the EXCEPTION!!!

Arg!

4forfour
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Harvey

You Da Man :tup:

I couldn't agree more.

Packers4Ever
01-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm sick of people talking about the weather more than they talk about the game itself.

I'm sick of the Patriots dominating SportsCenter while the Packers get hardly any coverage.

Yours is a very nice list.

I've been sick of Pats dominating Sports Center for 6 months too -
but until GB is a large, thriving city, eg LA, NY, etc...that's the way it's gonna be. More $$$ to be spent there then..... :roll:

superfan
01-19-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm tired of hearing about how NYG's rushing attack is their feared strength. I'd put their rushing attack around average - it just looks better compared to their passing attack. I like Ryan Grant more from a production perspective than the Jacobs/Bradshaw combo.

I'm tired of hearing San Diego referred to in terms like "upstart", "surprising", and "nobody thought they would make it this far". True, at the start of the playoffs it looked unlikely that they would get by Indy. But GB in the conference championship is a far bigger upset than SD making it that far (based on preseason expectations). SD was a popular preseason Super Bowl champion pick.

swede
01-19-2008, 10:51 PM
A cheering and inspiring thread, Harv.

I'm aware of the reservations one might harbor regarding this game.

I'm aware of the fact that the Giants could be dangerous if allowed to be.

I am stepping away from fear and doubt. Why not victory? Why not the dream?

We have doubted this team too long. Onward. Play downhill!

Today is a good day to become a champion!

esoxx
01-20-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm tired of people thinking the Giants have a chance in this game.

They don't.

pack4to84
01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm sick of hearing about the Giants pass rush, how they led the league in sacks. If they weren't out on the field constantly because of their sputtering offense, they wouldn't have such high sack totals. It is also a negative factor for them, they overplay the run like Indy used to.To add to this in the first meeting the giants pass rush was no existent they had to blitz to get any kind of pressure on Favre. And the field was in great shape.

pack4to84
01-20-2008, 03:14 AM
1) The Giants have improved since week 2. That may be true, but so has Green Bay. Our two biggest playmakers, Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant, didn't even play in that game.
Don't forget we didn't have Robinson either. So 2 of our top 3 WR didn't play in that game. Also add that Spitz didn't play then either.

twoseven
01-20-2008, 05:51 AM

Add your own.

ESPN did address this exact topic on several shows this past week and clearly gave credit to GB for improving more than the NYG had overall since week 2. Nice to hear, but at the same time it's just more underdog material for the enemy. Pick your poison I guess.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 08:22 AM

5) The Giants are going to get after Brett Favre. Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton. They've been known to shut down stud DEs before--including the guys they are going against this weekend.

It amazes me that nobody in the media mentions that Mark Tauscher shut Micheal Strahan out when he was going for the sack record and only a gift from Favre allowed Strahan to get a sack. I fully expect Mark to the same thing today.

MadtownPacker
01-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Im tired of waiting for Sunday!!!

twoseven
01-20-2008, 10:50 AM

It amazes me that nobody in the media mentions that Mark Tauscher shut Micheal Strahan out when he was going for the sack record and only a gift from Favre allowed Strahan to get a sack. I fully expect Mark to the same thing today.
Actually, by his local media and other east coast outlets Strahan was taken to task pretty brutally for that play for a long time, to the point that I almost think he regrets getting the record at all.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 11:15 AM

Actually, by his local media and other east coast outlets Strahan was taken to task pretty brutally for that play for a long time, to the point that I almost think he regrets getting the record at all.I wasn't referring to then but this week. They all talk about the great pass rush the Giants have and how good Strahan is, but never mentioned the fact the Tauscher stoned him as he was going for the record. Give a little credit the the Packers lineman in the intrest of balanced reporting.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Balanced reporting???? HAHAHAHahahahahahahaha!!! That died when FOX went on the air! Sensationalist journalistic crap ever since.

twoseven
01-20-2008, 01:07 PM

Actually, by his local media and other east coast outlets Strahan was taken to task pretty brutally for that play for a long time, to the point that I almost think he regrets getting the record at all.I wasn't referring to then but this week. They all talk about the great pass rush the Giants have and how good Strahan is, but never mentioned the fact the Tauscher stoned him as he was going for the record. Give a little credit the the Packers lineman in the intrest of balanced reporting.
I understand your position, but 'the sack' has been beaten to death over Michael's head for the last three years. NFL network just rehashed the story again about ten minutes ago. Believe me, it has been mentioned a lot. Besides, I'm sure Tauscher would prefer to not get any extra praise, it can only fire up Strahan even more. Same for Clifton and Osi.

HarveyWallbangers
01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Balanced reporting???? HAHAHAHahahahahahahaha!!! That died when FOX went on the air! Sensationalist journalistic crap ever since.

Sensational journalism came long before FOX News. It's just the first time it was slanted towards the Right, so people started bitching about it then.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I was talking about basic news gatekeeping and sports reporting mainly. Political news has been a little wanky for a long time, now it's just a little ridiculous.