PDA

View Full Version : The locker room leaders

Patler
01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't remember this article being discussed when it was printed, and I wanted to bring it up before I forgot:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=705918

Makes you understand why Rob Davis is there, beyond still being one of the better long snappers in the league:

"Rob's genuine, man. He's just a cool cat. He's got so much respect. I mean, the coaches go to him if there's a problem."...Davis was portrayed by numerous players as a wise, intuitive person eager to help them with any and all football and lifestyle problems.

"I think he's the most respected and also respectable gentleman in the locker room," quarterback Aaron Rodgers said.

Long active in NFL Players Association affairs, Davis is doubling this season as an assistant in the player development department. One player said most gripes go to Davis, who then brings them to coach Mike McCarthy. Four or five times this season McCarthy has had Davis address the team.

"He does the most talking of anyone," linebacker Tracy White said. "If I had to say who keeps the locker room in order, I'd have to say Rob Davis."

swede
01-19-2008, 10:39 PM
How many people outside of Green Bay know that only two players remain from the '96 Super Bowl team? Rob Davis is certainly the lesser known of the two.

IMO Ray Guy and Rob Davis should both be in the Hall of Fame for being best ever at their positions.

I've seen him interviewed once this week and he really does seems steady, smart and a fine candidate for lockerroom leader.

Brett is loved, but he'd rather pants somebody than give an inspirational speech in the lockerroom. He leads on the field.