PDA

View Full Version : Official GB Packers vs. NY Giants Game Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bretsky
01-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Today our Green Bay Packers play the most important game at Lambeau Field in the past 10 years. After losing to the Denver Broncos in our last Super Bowl appearance with a pretty good talent base and a franchise quarterback, who would have thought it would take over be over 3,000 days until we had a chance to go back to a title game again ?

We enter today as one of the Fabulous Four and a home field advantage favorite to win and play for the NFL Title.

Be sure to savour the moment; if there is one lesson that can be learned from Dan Marino's career and the Green Bay Packers it's that it's very tough to get here. And today we must seize the moment.

As I get ready to pack up my stuff for the road cruise to a chilly Lambeau, my thoughts are quite different from those of last week. Last week I thought there was a chance we could be outcoached, and an upset would not have suprised me one bit. To my fear, my thoughts are pretty different this week.

This week, I ponder back to the year we won the Super Bowl and how the cards kind of fell into place when we avoided the Dallas Cowboys after they lost. At that time even though they were weaker, the curse still lived and Dallas seemed to bring out the worst in us. That seemed to regenerate this year; but once again Dallas lost in the playoffs and today we have home field advantage. Let the pattern continue.

Last week we received another blessing when the Cowboys lost, and this week we face a team we match up better with on our home turf.

In looking at this matchup I give the Giants a definite advantage at OL, a slight advantage at DL, and the RB position is probably a wash. Green Bay has the edge at QB, WR,TE, LB, and probably in the secondary as well.

What scares me is no matter how I look at things, this is a game we should really win unless our OL breaks down or we give the game away. The Better players usually win in the playoffs and Green Bay enters the NFC Title game as the better team.

Expect the NY Giants offense to try to slow this game down on offense by grinding out the run. They have an excellent power running back in Brandon Jacobs whose game fits the elements of today quite well. And they also have a home run hitter in Ahmad Bradshaw who can break the long one on any play. They don't want to see a score in the 30's, and if they had it there way nobody would break twenty points.

As ironic as it is, this week the Giants defense noted that their top priority was to stop Ryan Grant. How ironic it is. At the beginnning season they were so loaded at the running back position they were comfortable allowing Ted Thompson to commit highway robbery in taking one of the top running backs in the NFC is 2007 from them for a mere 6th round draft pick. The emergence of Ryan Grant has probably taken the Green Bay Packers from a playoff contender to a Super Bowl Contender. Thank you New York !

But the reality is the Giants have much more to worry about than Ryan Grant. Their secondary is banged up and weak, and if MM's playcalling is sharp they will have a hard time covering our wide receivers as well. Expect the Giants defense to show every imaginable blitz and try to keep the offense off balance. To be successful their Pro Bowl Defensive ends need to get to Favre, or they need Justin Tuck to dominate our sometimes inconsistent OG's.

On the other hand Green Bay should be aggressive against the Giants on both sides. On defense Harris and Woodsen should be at least respectable against the Giants wide receivers, allowing the Packers LB's to effectively zone blitz against the run and contain Brandon Jacobs.

On Offense don't be surprised if MM does plenty of four and five wide wide receiver sets. If Mike McCarthy brings his A game this offense should be able to have success against the Giants. Their secondary is not strong enough or deep enough to cover the depth of talent at WR, and when we spread it out Ryan Grant should have at least some success in running the ball. The Giants run defense is not Seattle's; failiure to execute this week will make the day much more challenging for Ryan Grant.

What a BANNER YEAR for the National Football League. They had some very key games on the NFL Network, and now they have a Dream Waiting to Happen for the Super Bowl. The Headlines are waiting to happen.

Rematch
Green Bay Packers vs. New England Patriots
Good Versus Evil
Brett Favre versus Tom Brady
The Up Coming Coach vs. the Mad Genius

Gotta be stocked just thinking about it.

New England is going to win today; it's time for our Green Bay Packers to hold us our end and win a game they should win.

It's time for Brett Favre and our OL to step up with their A game.
It's time for our defense to show itself to be a dominant and expose Eli Manning.
It's time for the Green Bay to show the world they are an elite team.

I'm so pumped for this game; I wish it were starting now.

History needs to be made today. I don't give a crap about the weather. The Players need to bring their A game. The Fans need to bring their A game. The atmosphere will be electric.

Our Green Bay Packers go into their own historic stomping grounds with only one obstacle in their way of getting to the Greatest Game of the Greatest Sport. The Super Bowl sounds sweet.

It's time to continue the old winning ways of Mike Holmgren at Lambeau Field.

NOBODY....COMES INTO OUR HOUSE AND WINS

b bulldog
01-20-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm in the process of packing up the truck and boy, is it cold outside :P . I'm taking my 8 year old with me who plays PW football and is a huge Packers fan! We are both pumped for this game and we are really looking forward to see the team hoist the Halas trophy at the end of the game. I hope the Packers get the chance to knock off the unbeaten Pats!

Fosco33
01-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Getting the cars ready for the trip to Lambeau myself. Got all the clothing lined out yesterday.

Allow extra time getting into the stadium as security checks will take longer than normal with everyone bundling up.

I expect to see history tonight.

I want Favre to play smart - no picks and no lost fumbles. 15 for 23 for 150+ and 2 TDs.

I want Grant/Jackson to get lots of touches - and aim for another combined 150+ yards and 1 TD.

I want Driver/Jennings/Lee to come up with some big catches over the injury riddled 2ndry.

We need Jon Ryan to come up huge - and forget any correlation to a game played in some city they call Chicago.

We need Tauscher and Clifton to have shut down games. We need Colledge to not make big mistakes.

We need the Dline to control Jacobs/Bradshaw.

We need Bigby to bring the wood! And Harris/Woodson to shut down Plexiglass and get a pick on Eli.

vince
01-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Enjoy the game boys! Represent Packer fans sitting at home throughout the world at the game!

HUGE DAY TODAY!!!!

Bretsky
01-20-2008, 09:05 AM
my voice is so ready to make a difference; I'm in a great section that believes that we can disrupt the opposing QB

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Great day for a Packers NFC Championship; the cold does make the game more even - I still expect a Packer win today. Nothing less will do 'cos NY fans sux!

GO PACK GO :pack:

Fosco33
01-20-2008, 09:10 AM
my voice is so ready to make a difference; I'm in a great section that believes that we can disrupt the opposing QB

I found some heavy duty gloves to put over another pair of gloves. I was clapping with them - and holy crap is it loud. I think the 12th man can get even louder than last week with the extra 'smack' from leather on leather!

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:10 AM
I haven't been so excited for a game since like the last SB. OMG, this season has been so unbelievable...I don't want the ride to end yet!! Let's keep this rolling on to the SB !!!

GO PACKERS !!

To all of you going to the game, have a great time! I have chosen to be a wuss and watch the game with a group of friends in the warmth of my living room! :wink:

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I can't wait for the game either. The key to the game is the play of the o-line and Favre. If the o-line picks up the blitz and Favre has time and doesn't force anything thing, I think we have a very good chance to go to the Super bowl. I can't even believe were this close.

We have to beat the Giants, this is the meaning of a must win.

Go pack Go.

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Currently, it's a frigid -11 degrees in GB with a windchill of -34

but hey, the sun is out !!!! 8-)

b bulldog
01-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I just let the dog out, the sun being out definitely helps. The match-ups between the Osi, Strahan and our T's are huge and also Tuck when he plays inside on passing downs. If we can run the ball and don't kill ourselves with turnovers, we win. Note, at games end, the party will be in the atrium, not Curley's Pub.
I will be warm, I will have fun and I WILL BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm out, I making the 1hour, 15 minute drive, Go Pack Go!

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I can't get over all the MN plates here this weekend. I counted at least 8 MN plates with Packer flags alone! I wonder if one of them was Rastak :wink:

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I can't wait for the game either. The key to the game is the play of the o-line and Favre. If the o-line picks up the blitz and Favre has time and doesn't force anything, I think we have a very good chance to go to the Super bowl. I can't even believe we are this close.

Go pack Go.

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:34 AM
hey bulldog? If you walk over to the players lot and see Favre walking to the locker room, don't let your tongue fall out of your mouth onto the chain link fence. :lol:

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:40 AM
I can't wait for the game either. The key to the game is the play of the o-line and Favre. If the o-line picks up the blitz and Favre has time and doesn't force anything, I think we have a very good chance to go to the Super bowl. I can't even believe we are this close.

Go pack Go.

You're right; playing at Lambeau for the NFC Championship is a must win.

ND72
01-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm heading up to Appleton around 12, 12:30 we're heading to GB to start tailgating. I have about 10 hand warmers, 10 foot warmers,etc, etc. I will do what it takes to stay warm. :lol:

pasquale
01-20-2008, 09:59 AM
im just curious...how many of you gun hunt in november?

lcbj68c
01-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Interesting thot. What if Favre came down with the flu this morning. Would you rather see Favre playing with a 102-103 degree temperature or Aaron Rodgers taking the start? Assuming the run/pass ratio figures to be higher run.

ND72
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
im just curious...how many of you gun hunt in november?

I do...I'll be in my blaze orange today, made sure to take the bullets out, figured that wouldn't be good.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 10:16 AM
have fun at the game people. stay as warm as you can and may everyone leave the stadium with big smiles. wish i was there!

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Interesting thot. What if Favre came down with the flu this morning. Would you rather see Favre playing with a 102-103 degree temperature or Aaron Rodgers taking the start? Assuming the run/pass ratio figures to be higher run.

At this point I'd guess that a 102 degree fever would be an advantage in this game. Put him in, see what he can do, when he wears down a bit put Rodgers in.

Iron Mike
01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
After losing to the Denver Broncos in our last Super Bowl appearance with a pretty good talent base and a franchise quarterback, who would have thought it would take over be over 3,000 days until we had a chance to go back to a title game again ?

Oh, Christ...........just when I was getting over it. :roll:

MadtownPacker
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Interesting thot. What if Favre came down with the flu this morning. Would you rather see Favre playing with a 102-103 degree temperature or Aaron Rodgers taking the start? Assuming the run/pass ratio figures to be higher run.Haha, the flu? I think you should have asked "what if aliens abducted him?" because thats about the only way he aint showing up today.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Interesting thot. What if Favre came down with the flu this morning. Would you rather see Favre playing with a 102-103 degree temperature or Aaron Rodgers taking the start? Assuming the run/pass ratio figures to be higher run.Haha, the flu? I think you should have asked "what if aliens abducted him?" because thats about the only way he aint showing up today.

...so what if giants abducted him? I mean...giants are big right!? :D

oregonpackfan
01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
To all of you going to the game, have a great time! I have chosen to be a wuss and watch the game with a group of friends in the warmth of my living room! :wink:[/quote]

Staying home because of the cold?! And you, GBR, call me a wuss for not wanting the 2008 PR game to be in November!

Are you qualified to cast the first "Pair of Long Johns?" :)

The weather is a "chilly" overcast morning of 39 degrees here in Oregon. I think I'll get another cup of coffee before my run...

Bretsky
01-20-2008, 10:49 AM
This will be a great day for Green Bay Packers and its fans.

Peace fellow P'rats

I'm off to Lambeau !

ND72
01-20-2008, 10:52 AM
It's all my fault....I got a Chuck Woodson jersey for christmas(early) and we are 4-0 when I wear it..........I forgot it back at my house this weekend. IF anything wrong happens today, it's all my fault. :oops:

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
It's all my fault....I got a Chuck Woodson jersey for christmas(early) and we are 4-0 when I wear it..........I forgot it back at my house this weekend. IF anything wrong happens today, it's all my fault. :oops:Not to worry, because I set my DVR. The Pack is 14-0 when I set it 0-3 when I didn't.

Pacopete4
01-20-2008, 11:12 AM
coachin in our bantam a hockey tourney today at one.. me and my buddy are wearing our packer jerseys on the bench.. gotta love that.. GO PACK GO

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:16 AM
About time Sunday got here.......

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 11:25 AM
This will be a great day for Green Bay Packers and its fans.

Peace fellow P'rats

I'm off to Lambeau !

Bring back victory and enjoy :D

CaptainKickass
01-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Got some errands to do this morning and then I'm headed to a friends house for a music jam/bbq/beer drinking/game watching party.

Good Luck team, I hope you can bring us the NFC Championship.

Go Pack

Carolina_Packer
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
To all those heading out, may your batteries not fail you after the game! Go Pack Go!

MadtownPacker
01-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Was this a sign?

On Thursday at lunch me and a coworker went to lunch. He wanted to get tacos so we hit a carneceria (Mexican meat market/store). When we puled up there was a newer white Chevy truck with a Packers flag, windshield sticker and license plate trim. I told my coworker it was a beautiful truck(he is a raiders fan). When we walked inside it was exactly like all the hundred other places around like it except there was Packers stuff everywhere! Posters, a big banner, and other stuff on the walls. The guy behind the counter had on a beat up looking Packers hat. I was in my work clothes so I flashed him my wallet (one of those black leather ones with the team logo) and shook his hand. We talk about the game for a bit. Turned out his dad owned the place. He said how he was glad dallas had lost and how he wanted the Pack to win and play New England. Told him I felt the same way. When I left I told him if the Packers win it all I would come back and order a Superbowl burrito. He said if the win it all there would be one.

This is probably the norm in WI but this was in Fresno, CA in a part of southeast that is all Mexicans and Asians. You always see this but it is raiders stuff. It is the first time I had seen it in G&G.

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 12:14 PM
A big "Go Pack Go" from Alaska!

Make us proud rats!

Kia!

packinpatland
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Was this a sign?

On Thursday at lunch me and a coworker went to lunch. He wanted to get tacos so we hit a carneceria (Mexican meat market/store). When we puled up there was a newer white Chevy truck with a Packers flag, windshield sticker and license plate trim. I told my coworker it was a beautiful truck(he is a raiders fan). When we walked inside it was exactly like all the hundred other places around like it except there was Packers stuff everywhere! Posters, a big banner, and other stuff on the walls. The guy behind the counter had on a beat up looking Packers hat. I was in my work clothes so I flashed him my wallet (one of those black leather ones with the team logo) and shook his hand. We talk about the game for a bit. Turned out his dad owned the place. He said how he was glad dallas had lost and how he wanted the Pack to win and play New England. Told him I felt the same way. When I left I told him if the Packers win it all I would come back and order a Superbowl burrito. He said if the win it all there would be one.

This is probably the norm in WI but this was in Fresno, CA in a part of southeast that is all Mexicans and Asians. You always see this but it is raiders stuff. It is the first time I had seen it in G&G.

Did you go back and hand out bumper stickers? :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 12:44 PM
we hit a carneceria (Mexican meat market/store).

carn= flesh, as in carnal, or meat
but I thought you spics shopped at a bodega

MadtownPacker
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
we hit a carneceria (Mexican meat market/store).

carn= flesh, as in carnal, or meat
but I thought you spics shopped at a bodegaBodegas are puerto rican I think.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 12:48 PM
so there's a difference between peurto ricans and mexicans? you all look the same to me.

MadtownPacker
01-20-2008, 12:51 PM
so there's a difference between peurto ricans and mexicans? you all look the same to me.They have curly-to-nappy hair.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Is anyone gonna start a Pat/Chargers thread?

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
it's all you...

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Go for it, baby. I've never done it before, I'm too nervous. :oops:

Iron Mike
01-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Go for it, baby. I've never done it before, I'm too nervous.

You should have used THIS emoticon:http://circus-maximus.com/forums/images/smiles/Bolt.gif

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 01:57 PM

You should have used THIS emoticon:http://circus-maximus.com/forums/images/smiles/Bolt.gif

OK, you can only use that one more time. Three is your limit!!

Iron Mike
01-20-2008, 02:07 PM

OK, you can only use that one more time. Three is your limit!!

Done.

Partial
01-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Greetings all rats from Tampa International Airport. Partial is mobile today and watching the game in a little tequila bar here. They keep trying to get me to buy food so they can make their money, but I am resisting and taking up table drinking my diet coke :lol:

At any rate, I will be in Cleveland by the time the game starts hopefully watching from yet another sports bar. If not, I will probably by the wi-fi so you guys can fill me in with whats going on.

It's been a dream ride so far with many new friends and members and many older members becoming closer friends. Congrats to the Packers making this one season for the ages and one of the most memorable sports seasons of my life.

Let's hope they go out there today and leave everything they have on the field. I want them to them to fight harder than they ever have before and bring home a W.

To those at the game, try your best to stay warm and be loud!! I hope GBM has to have her TV on full blast because the Lambeau crowd is shaking her living room!!!!!!!!!!

At any rate, I am going to close up shop and let my battery charge some. Go Packers!!!

Packers4Ever
01-20-2008, 03:29 PM

Excellent post, Bretsky !! If I wasn't pumped enough when I
came in here, I sure am now!!! :five:

GO PACK !!!!!

Farley Face
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Is this a crew we have had issues with in the past? Is the guy that tackled Barnett listed? How tight are they on pass interference and defensive holding calls?:

Today's officiating crew includes referee Terry McAuley (77), umpire Roy Ellison (81), head linesman Jim Mello (48), line judge Jeff Bergman (32), field judge Scott Steenson (88), side judge Rick Patterson (15) and back judge Perry Paganelli (46). Alternates include Bill Leavy (127) and Tom?Stephan (68).

Brando19
01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
I have my lucky underwear on as I speak, People! No need to fear!!!!!

GO PACK GO!

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
I am so ready for this game.

Does anyone think the injuries to the Giants CBs (stained abdominal - Madison, dislocated shoulder - Ross) will have an affect on the YAC of the Packers?

Those are two injuries that will make it difficult to wrap up. In my mind - if they play, it could play into a short pass-type of game, which this may be (with the Giants pressure).

I am looking for a big game of YAC by our recievers.

GrnBay007
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Whewww....we were worried. :P

just wondering....do you get a NEW lucky pair to wear each season or just keep wearing the old ones?

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Is this a crew we have had issues with in the past? Is the guy that tackled Barnett listed? How tight are they on pass interference and defensive holding calls?:

Today's officiating crew includes referee Terry McAuley (77), umpire Roy Ellison (81), head linesman Jim Mello (48), line judge Jeff Bergman (32), field judge Scott Steenson (88), side judge Rick Patterson (15) and back judge Perry Paganelli (46). Alternates include Bill Leavy (127) and Tom?Stephan (68).

The guy that tackled Barnett was Jim Quirk.

Terry McAuley isn't going to throw a barrage of flags, but he isn't going to sit back and let the players do whatever they want. There was a chart posted about his tendencies and I seem to remember he's a middle-of-the-road type of guy.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 04:29 PM
ONE HOUR FROM KICKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 04:34 PM

Terry McAuley isn't going to throw a barrage of flags, but he isn't going to sit back and let the players do whatever they want. There was a chart posted about his tendencies and I seem to remember he's a middle-of-the-road type of guy.

Al and Chuck are getting some bad press with words like "mauling" being said. A lot of people probably think that they constantly cheat and get away with it, and it's because the rest of the league just don't use the 5 yard rule to their benefit. They aren't doing anything illegal, they just happen to have enough body control to bump and not lose their receiver. Most CB's can't do that anymore, that's why they have to play back. But, rarely do I see either of them continuing contact after the 5 yard area.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 04:35 PM

Did Quirk ever explain why the hell he did that to Nick?

CaliforniaCheez
01-20-2008, 04:41 PM
No suprise inactives:

The following Packers players are inactive for today's game:
16 QB Craig Nall (third QB)
19 WR Shaun Bodiford
27 CB Will Blackmon
41 CB Frank Walker
69 T Orrin Thompson
87 TE Ryan Krause
93 DT Conrad Bolston
95 DT Daniel Muir

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Blackmon's gotta be crushed. They were talking earlier in the week like he was gonna be able to play.

Farley Face
01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
No suprise inactives:

The following Packers players are inactive for today's game:
16 QB Craig Nall (third QB)
19 WR Shaun Bodiford
27 CB Will Blackmon
41 CB Frank Walker
69 T Orrin Thompson
87 TE Ryan Krause
93 DT Conrad Bolston
95 DT Daniel Muir

I'm suprised Walker is inactive. Leaves us only 4 active CBs.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
I've got my auth. AJ Hawk jersey on, Packers are 7-0 this season when I wear # 50. All is good.

I'm READY :pack:

We need YAC weather in Green Bay :D

CaliforniaCheez
01-20-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm glad Bishop is active for special teams.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
dang it...looks like i got the Bolston jersey for nothing.

CaliforniaCheez
01-20-2008, 05:04 PM
The crowd is already into it.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
jimmy better keep smacking his lips or they'll freeze together.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
We're almost there. This has been one long day!!!!

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Kia! Go Pack!

Tarlam!
01-20-2008, 05:22 PM
My obligatory "I'm here" post and now, I run down two flights of stairs to grab a beer and watch the game. If anyone is interested, it's a 12:30 am kick-off and a 4 am finish, with me needing to leave the house at 6 am.

I never ever wanna hear doubt as to my dedication as a Packer Fan ever again!

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 05:24 PM

Those poor fuckers may not make it through the game. Why are they making them sit outside?

Rastak
My obligatory "I'm here" post and now, I run down two flights of stairs to grab a beer and watch the game. If anyone is interested, it's a 12:30 am kick-off and a 4 am finish, with me needing to leave the house at 6 am.

You have established your credentials!

gbgary

just dont' get drunk.

CaliforniaCheez
01-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I want the Packers to kick off.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM

Those poor fuckers may not make it through the game. Why are they making them sit outside?

To make the weather more "real" to all of us who sit in 72 degrees.

J-Rok
01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Haha, I usually don't post on here anymore, but holy crap, I'm excited.

And you're not the only one up at 12:30! But I don't have to leave as early as you. I live the house around 7:30 for school. Go European Ratssss!

I've got some beer as well. I'm hoping this sopcast will start working.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm ecstatic but nervous - I'm ready...

Let's roll

Go Pack Go :pack:

Brando19
01-20-2008, 05:32 PM

Whewww....we were worried. :P

just wondering....do you get a NEW lucky pair to wear each season or just keep wearing the old ones?

A new pair each season. The past couple seasons weren't that lucky of underwear. :lol:

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:32 PM

Let's roll

NFC Title games are EXTREMELY tense affairs. I've been disappointed in the last two the Vikings have played in....good luck in this one.....funstuff no matter what.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 05:33 PM

And you're not the only one up at 12:30! But I don't have to leave as early as you. I live the house around 7:30 for school. Go European Ratssss!

Hi from Denmark - let's shout so PRats hear it around the world...and especially in Green Bay.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Let's roll

NFC Title games are EXTREMELY tense affairs. I've been disappointed in the last two the Vikings have played in....good luck in this one.....funstuff no matter what.

Thanx and let's play ball.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Jimmy Johnson is doing an experiment. He poured some water into a glass and wants to see what happens in subzero temperatures.

Something tells me he didn't attend class a lot when he was a student. It seems to have rubbed-off on his Miami players back in the 80's.

CaliforniaCheez
01-20-2008, 05:35 PM

Enjoy it!!

4and12to12and4
Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

mmmdk
Wind: 12 mph and darn cold :shock: :D

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Let's Go Pack!!!!

J-Rok
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks! This should be fun.. even if I'll be sleeping in class.

So far, I can only find Dutch feeds on Sopcast. That's what I get for learning French instead of Flemish.

GO PACK!

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
RIPackerFan, I think you should consider changing your name to RI_PackerFan. I keep seeing the RIP and think somebody died.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
LET'S GO PACK!!!!!

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Harlan - don't want to change anything now - even my entire family (4 kids and wife) are wearing the same stuff as last week :D

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 05:40 PM
must be a little ripe in the living room

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 05:42 PM
must be a little ripe in the living room :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:43 PM
must be a little ripe in the living room

Probably have a fan blowing.....

gbgary
01-20-2008, 05:44 PM
looks like the giants covered up the arms

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 05:45 PM
How many fumbles between both teams today? 12?

J-Rok
01-20-2008, 05:45 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LET'S GO!!!

BEARMAN
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Will the Officials play a part in todays game?

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Nice play action to start the game.....

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:47 PM

How can anyone know that?

Lurker64

There will probably be a penalty or a judgement call by the time the game is over, yes.

It would be odd for the officials to just stand there and not participate.

gbgary

yes...they'll be giving the touchdown signal for the Pack a lot.

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I20 punt.....not bad....

mmmdk
Giants brings good pressure - now it's Eli time...good or bad Eli?

Tony Oday
man Favre missed that pass bad...

BEARMAN
Wow do we have short memories... The officials tried last week to determain the outcome, do you think they will make bad calls against the pack again this game?

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I have a new computer and for some reason, my internet doesn't have a refresh icon on the toolbar, can anyone tell me how i can get one up there, I have to hit "green bay packers" and go out of the thread every time to refresh, it sucks.

gex
01-20-2008, 05:51 PM
WOOOOOOHOOOO Lets kick some giant ASS!!!!!!!!! :P

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Woodson got drilled on that play.....

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Looked like a blitz on third down.....

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Giants brings good pressure - now it's Eli time...good or bad Eli?

Damnit, so far good Eli :x

Tony Oday
01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Harris step up your game!

Rastak
Looks like the Psckers are selling out on the run early....not so muc on this last play.....3rd and short, nice tackle Harris.

gbgary
come on Packer d!!

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Dumb mistake on Williams......

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 05:57 PM
could someone please cover that skinny shit!!@$%^

gbgary
we're giving too much room

mmmdk
...I don't like this :?

Rastak
Pack's run D is looking solid.

Packers4Glory
01-20-2008, 05:58 PM
looks like its gonna be a looooooong game. we already look flat.

mmmdk
This will be a close game...Giants are way better than Seahawks.

Packers4Glory
manning looks like montana. we're fucked

Rastak
01-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

gbgary
no more soft d against the pass

Lurker64
Eli's getting way more time than he should.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

the trash talk or what?

Lurker64
Aargh, that was a sure interception... gotta hang on to those.

4and12to12and4
Nice pressure

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
That 2nd down play was big time illegal contact on Green Bay in the end zone....very lucky thst wasn't called.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Aargh, that was a sure interception... gotta hang on to those.

It's a D-lineman - he's kinda forgiven 8-)

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

the trash talk or what?

He it Burress after the play and then talked a bunch.

4and12to12and4
Cheap shit by Harris....

What are you talking about?

Tony Oday
Well thats just about enough Defense no more points this half!

4and12to12and4
Cheap shit by Harris....

the trash talk or what?

I didnt see a late hit. and Burress has been jawing since his first reception.

CaliforniaCheez
01-20-2008, 06:03 PM
A few adjustments and things will be fine.

RIPackerFan
If I am not mistaken - every team last week and this week (of games played so far) - who scored first - lost the game.

So this is playing right into our hands :D

Rastak
Cheap shit by Harris....

Harris hits Buress after the play then talks shit foe 30 seconds.....nice hold by Green Bay though on the drive....they are kinda lucky though on that second down play there was obvious illegal contact in the end zone before the pass.

Tony Oday
5 first downs WTF!

mmmdk
Not a good start but it's hardly 0-14. Long, long scoring drive by Giants. Damnit!

We need a TD...now! Let's get the crowd into it!

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Holding them to three was huge.

Did you see that , Rastak, Burress had his hands down Harris' throat.

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

the trash talk or what?

I didnt see a late hit. and Burress has been jawing since his first reception.

Buress has a big mouth for sure.

Rastak

No, I didn't, was that on the 3rd down play?

gex
Yea :shock: That was all Harris HUH!

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

Harris hits Buress after the play then talks shit foe 30 seconds.....nice hold by Green Bay though on the drive....they are kinda lucky though on that second down play there was obvious illegal contact in the end zone before the pass.

Take those purple glasses off. What game are you watching? The camera didnt even get onto Bigby in time to see if contact came early, and Burress is doing more bumping and talking than al. Are your contacts in , Ras?

Iron Mike
Troy Aikman: Toomer's knee (since surgery) has gotten more stronger every week.

More stronger??? He must have been an English major at Oklahoma/UCLA. :lol:

Tony Oday
Alright Pack lets go!

4and12to12and4

No, I didn't, was that on the 3rd down play?

Oh, that you DIDNT see, huh? :wink:

Lurker64
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Not a great start to this drive.

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

Take those purple glasses off. What game are you watching? The camera didnt even get onto Bigby in time to see if contact came early, and Burress is doing more bumping and talking than al. Are your contacts in , Ras?

Not recording this so I can't tivo it but a Green Bay defender hit a Giant right under the goal post.....8 yards downfield.

Lurker64
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I might suggest throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage at some point tonight.

Packers4Glory
looking goooooood.

FLAT. we're in big trouble

Tony Oday
RUN THE DAMN BALL!

CaliforniaCheez
Robinson is slow and ineffective. He always should have been the #5 WR.

Lurker64
Does McCarthy script the first 15 plays? If so, can we please get to the end of that?

gbgary
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
time for a turnover and better play calling.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Cheap shit by Harris....

Not recording this so I can't tivo it but a Green Bay defender hit a Giant right under the goal post.....8 yards downfield.

Well, maybe you should record it and watch it first with your purple glasses on, and a second time without them!! :lol:

just joshin' with ya' ras.

pbmax
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
So what is the current level of panic on the board? :lol:

Tarlam!
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM

just dont' get drunk.

I'm already drunk... And I just saw a 3 and out....at least we're not down by 14...

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Giants look like the home team; thank god it's only 0-3.... :(

The offensive play calling and execution has been lukewarm at best. I'm even more nervous now!

Packers4Glory
01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
So what is the current level of panic on the board? :lol:if the max is 10....i'm at about a 12

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Giants must have negative yards rushing.....don't have nfl.com up now.....

pbmax
M3 and Sanders seem intent on playing softer and some zone and trying to pressure Eli.

At least we are doin OK on the run D.

Tony Oday
Im about a 30...and BIG sigh that he didnt get the first!

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:13 PM
So what is the current level of panic on the board? :lol:

Panic, PANIC, PANIC? :shock: :D

pbmax
-1 point for you not getting in a Spinal Tap reference. You should be at eleven, mate!

So what is the current level of panic on the board? :lol:if the max is 10....i'm at about a 12

packinpatland
Apparently our defense wants this game............come on offense!!!!!!

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Panic? Why? We were dominated the entire quarter, yet we have the ball in good field position and its only 3-0. no panic. time to score

mmmdk
Apparently our defense wants this game............come on offense!!!!!!

Packers D solid not great but solid. Packers need a long scoring drive - a long one - and a TD please!

pbmax
On Favre's early underthrow to Jennings, was he pressured, hit or was it the wind? Just a bad throw?

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:16 PM
On Favre's early underthrow to Jennings, was he pressured, hit or was it the wind? Just a bad throw?

There was pressure.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
damn troy...shut up! i find it hard to believe he finds it hard to believe.

4and12to12and4
The only thing that worries me, and maybe it's just me, but does anyone else sense that Favre has that same kind of uninterested look in his eye as when we were in Chicago? I hope I'm wrong, but his body language worries me.

pbmax
I've seen Tuck just abuse Colledge twice, although 73 was in better position that normal when he loses it. Once it was the shovel to Grant.

Tony Oday
01-20-2008, 06:18 PM

There was pressure.

And a bad throw....

mmmdk
Panic? Why? We were dominated the entire quarter, yet we have the ball in good field position and its only 3-0. no panic. time to score

3rd down, passing down and we a TD...FAST!

Go to Driver.

4and12to12and4

I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe that he finds it hard to believe!!

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM

There was pressure.

And a bad throw....

...but it's cold outside :D

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
The only thing that worries me, and maybe it's just me, but does anyone else sense that Favre has that same kind of uninterested look in his eye as when we were in Chicago? I hope I'm wrong, but his body language worries me.

He looks like he's freezing his ass off.....

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Why the fuck is Brett throwing behind the line of scrimmage on third downs?????

pbmax
Double coverage on Jones there. Favre didn't find the single coverage that time.

4and12to12and4

Yeah, no shit. He's suppose to be a tough guy, well he better suck it up and get his head out of his ass!!

mmmdk
The Giants D and the cold are killing the Packers!!!

CRAP!!! :x

gbgary
01-20-2008, 06:21 PM

I find it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe that he finds it hard to believe!!

i believe it.

MadtownPacker
The D needs to get a turnover here. The O will score and things will get rolling.

Packers4Glory
better hope the defense gets a bunch of turnovers. the offense looks like they dont wanna be there.

need a pick 6 or something.

Tony Oday
This is going to be bad....NYG will score on this drive...

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
This looks to be a tough game. It looks like both teams are trying to stop the run and having the QB win it.

The D-backs for the Giants are tackling great - letting the GB recievers catch it but stopping the YAC - we have to do better.

4and12to12and4
Double coverage on Jones there. Favre didn't find the single coverage that time.

Well, then hold on to the ball, and wait for an under route to open up, or roll out, the o-lin e was protecting.

Brando19
What the heck is up with our offense? Are the Packers even trying to move the ball? GOSH!

mmmdk
Why the fuck is Brett throwing behind the line of scrimmage on third downs?????

Packers are out of sync.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
This is going to be bad....NYG will score on this drive...

What the heck kind of thing is that to say? They will NOT score.

Rastak

Yeah, no shit. He's suppose to be a tough guy, well he better suck it up and get his head out of his ass!!

The dude is from the deep south......

pbmax
Cannot believe Jacobs got wide on our D.

GrnBay007
HI PACKER FANS.

Just joined.

GO PACK!!

BEARMAN
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Heater Gate ? The pack wouldn't stoop that low.... would they ?

Brando19
COME ON AL HARRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?????!

4and12to12and4
HI PACKER FANS.

Just joined.

GO PACK!!

Thank God youre here. Now we can turn this thing around!!!!

Rastak
What's up with Harris today?

edit: Cheap play by Buress on that one....

BEARMAN
First bad call ?

Packers4Glory
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM
touchdown seals the deal for the giants.

we aren't gonna do anything.

pbmax
No consistent pass rush yet.

4and12to12and4
Burress is playing the refs. Pussy.

gbgary
What's up with Harris today?

edit: Cheap play by Buress on that one....

he's setting up toomer/eli for the big one.

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:26 PM
touchdown seals the deal for the giants.

we aren't gonna do anything.

Dude, calm down, there is a BUNCH of football left.

mmmdk
I'm in shock.

4and12to12and4
OK, stop em here, and then get our shit together. I guarantee it.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM

You're right.

Rastak

Out of curiousity, how are you in a position to guarantee it?

pbmax
Footsteps there.

Lurker64
We have made adjustments in the second half, and we have come back in games. Also, there's at least 40 minutes of football left to play.

There's no reason to panic. Remember 14-0?

Brando19
We need an INT....I mean....it's Eli!

Rastak
Footsteps there.

YUP!

Packers4Glory
I'm in shock.

i'm not. i figured we'd start out flat.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh brother, what the hell are you doing here, Bearman? You coward. Where have you been for two months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
OK, get a stop, unretire Aaron Taylor to replace Colledge and we can start the game over.

GrnBay007
I'm in shock.

No fears. I was cooking so didn't have my Packer Jersey on. It's on now.....look out!!! :P

Brando19
I'm in shock.

Do u figure we'll end strong?

mmmdk
I'm in shock.

Why flat?

4and12to12and4

Believe it.

pbmax
01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Ras, I didn't see the Burress cheapie, what he'd do?

Footsteps there.

YUP!

Packers4Glory
We have made adjustments in the second half, and we have come back in games. Also, there's at least 40 minutes of football left to play.

There's no reason to panic. Remember 14-0?

its true. but you can't keep digging yourself in huge holes. esp in games like this in this weather.

fan4life
This game was a draw through the first 3 qtrs the first time these two teams played each other. Why should that be any different this time?

4and12to12and4
I'm in shock.

No fears. I was cooking so didn't have my Packer Jersey on. It's on now.....look out!!! :P

She is why I guarantee it.

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM

Believe it.

Ah, it's one of those faith things.......without the God part.....LOL....sure thing dude.....

Tony Oday
I would think Burress for 6...

mmmdk
We need an INT....I mean....it's Eli!

It's the new Eli...I won't bash the kid again.

pbmax
Go Tramon, nice play!

Packers4Glory
I'm in shock.

Why flat?

gut feeling.

4and12to12and4

Believe it.

Ah, it's one of those faith things.......without the God part.....LOL....sure thing dude.....

I'm not sure about god, just our sassy rat.

Tony Oday
TRAMON TURN AROUND!

Rastak
01-20-2008, 06:31 PM

Believe it.

Yea, I missed that part...that does lend some creedence to it.....

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm in shock.

Why flat?

gut feeling.

So what's next? Packer TD?

Brando19
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok...we need to calm down...get TD...and we're in the lead! 8-)

Everyone say a prayer!

GrnBay007
I'm in shock.

She is why I guarantee it.

Got it dude!! :D

gbgary
D is playing tough....time for the O to show!! :evil:

mmmdk
TRAMON TURN AROUND!

I agree, that was close to a 1st down.

4and12to12and4

Believe it.

Yea, I missed that part...that does lend some creedence to it.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

007, you shouldn't have been cooking, now we're behind by 6.

Brando19
01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Wow...even Koren sucks!

Sparkey
nice Koren

mmmdk
Holy crap :shock: not the kind of play I was looking for :shock: :shock:

4and12to12and4
Sassy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Sparkey
DRIVER!!!!!!!

Lurker64
And now we're winning...

Funny how that works.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
DD

Brando19
DONALLLLLLLDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gex
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAASSSSS DDRRRRIIIIVVVVEEEERRRR :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

Tony Oday
HELL YEAH!!!!

GrnBay007
007, you shouldn't have been cooking, now we're behind by 6.

I know!! BUT, last week I had unexpected company and Packers were down 14-0 and everything went ok.

Now, if the phone does not stop ringing........it will be in the toilet.

Packers4Glory
holy BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

4and12to12and4
Hey Bearman , you still here?

GrnBay007
Awesome for DD. He'd DA MAN!!!! :D

rdanomly
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
JUST LIKE THAT!! Great play DD :)

Lurker64
But look on it on the dim pessimistic side: we're still not winning in Time of Possession.

Rastak
Nice play by Driver....he's pretty fast...at first I thought the Giants took bad angles but on replay it looks like Driver just has a helluva 4th gear.