PDA

View Full Version : With the 30th pick in the NFL draft the Packers select...

Lurker64
01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Draft talk time!

lod01
01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
The best Defensive Back available.

The Shadow
01-20-2008, 09:24 PM
The best Defensive Back available.

I concur most heartily.

Ballboy
01-20-2008, 09:25 PM
A punter, Ryan proved he can't punt in cold weather....29 yard punt?

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM

the other punter stunk too. i would not use this game as a barometer.

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM

Let's wait a few rounds to consider a punter.

CB Jack Ikegwuono, WIS?

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM

the other punter stunk too. i would not use this game as a barometer.

Their kicker wasn't so wonderful either. I've learned a lesson. We need to draft a backup long snapper.

pacfan
01-20-2008, 09:50 PM
OG or DB.

Our interior guys were unable to control the line. Harris and Woodson are getting up in age.

digitaldean
01-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas. May even be able to trade down to get him.

He's fast, big and physical. Will eventually need to replace Harris and Woodson in the near future.

CyclonePackFan
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas. May even be able to trade down to get him.

He's fast, big and physical. Will eventually need to replace Harris and Woodson in the near future.

I was about to say, "I'd kill for Aqib Talib." Beat me to it. He's a shut-down corner if there is one in this draft.

Brohm
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
A cornerback or the biggest defensive stud that can generate a pass rush.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM

CB Jack Ikegwuono, WIS?
Ikegwuonu is a second or third round pick..Taking him at 30 would be a reach.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
We have months to talk about the draft.

Can't we just sulk? :?:

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Is it the 29th or 30th pick? SD was the runner up in the AFC and they had the same record as us. How does that work?

I want the best player available. Hopefully it's not a DT.

Brando19
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Is it the 29th or 30th pick? SD was the runner up in the AFC and they had the same record as us. How does that work?

We beat SD in the regular season...so we pick 30

Lurker64
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM

We have the 30th pick by virtue of a better record than San Diego. Playoff progression is used in the following two ways to determine draft order.

1) Teams that play in the superbowl automatically draft 31st and 32nd.
2) Playoff teams with the same regular season record have ties broken in their draft status based on how far they progressed.

So we ended the season tied in record with Dallas and Indy, and we draft after them since we won a playoff game. San Diego ended up tied with Jacksonville at 11-5 in the regular season, and San Diego will pick after Jacksonville by virtue of winning one more playoff game.

The bottom of the draft looks like:
Jacksonville
San Diego
Dallas
Indianapolis
Green Bay
Giants.

Dallas picks ahead of Indy by virtue of an inferior strength of schedule.

Chubbyhubby
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM

We have the 30th pick by virtue of a better record than San Diego. Playoff progression is used in the following two ways to determine draft order.

1) Teams that play in the superbowl automatically draft 31st and 32nd.
2) Playoff teams with the same regular season record have ties broken in their draft status based on how far they progressed.

So we ended the season tied in record with Dallas and Indy, and we draft after them since we won a playoff game. San Diego ended up tied with Jacksonville at 11-5 in the regular season, and San Diego will pick after Jacksonville by virtue of winning one more playoff game.

The bottom of the draft looks like:
Jacksonville
San Diego
Dallas
Indianapolis
Green Bay
Giants.

Dallas picks ahead of Indy by virtue of an inferior strength of schedule.

Thanks for breaking it down. BAP CB would be nice. Al Harris got schooled tonight.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:39 PM

SD was 11-5..We were 13-3.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:40 PM
We have months to talk about the draft.

Can't we just sulk? :?:
Good call..After my previous two comments I'm done commenting on the draft until further notice.

Travbrew
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM

A first on a punter?

Whoa!

BEARMAN
01-21-2008, 12:55 AM
What's left at the 30th pick ?

Lurker64
01-21-2008, 01:03 AM

There are seven rounds you know. A lot of pretty good players are taken after the first round. You know, players like Bernard Berrian, Lance Briggs, Devin Hester, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Adewale Ogunleye, Charles Tillman, Olin Kreutz, Mike Brown, etc.

Oh wait, those guys play for the Bears. Never mind...

Partial
01-21-2008, 01:03 AM

CB Jack Ikegwuono, WIS?

Top 10. Wait until the Combine. He wouldn't be going pro if he knew he wasn't going to be a multi-millionaire very soon.

NewsBruin
01-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Lurker, you could at least have had the decency to include Mike Singletary.

Per the thread, Vic Knight, the director of the Senior Bowl and fellow Packer fan in Mobile, says this is a draft good class for tall corners, but a weaker one for interior linemen.

twoseven
01-21-2008, 04:17 AM

CB Jack Ikegwuono, WIS?
Was coming into 07' with so much promise from soph season, was supposed to be top tier CB. WI secondary got worked week after week and JI was no exception in that group. What I saw of him this year, I dunno, that kid lost some draft position bucks bigtime, IMO. He would be better served to return for his senior season, try and regain some of his sophomore magic.

NewsBruin
01-21-2008, 07:49 AM
One thing I worry about getting a corner is that it takes a few years to turn an NFL rookie corner from burnt toast to productive cover man.

Here's to hoping Al and Wood' can bring any newbie up to speed.

Zool
01-21-2008, 07:52 AM

I'm sure there will be an extremely mediocre RB available at 30. Maybe the Bears want to trade up into the spot and draft him?

red
01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
to me, we need help at cb first and formost

we need to get younger there

and another rb, a change of pace back to go with grant. i wasn't impressed by our other rb's at all this year

i think we're fine at qb, wr, lb, and middle d-line

we might be alright at safety, bigby looks like a playmaker, but collins is non existant. rouse did look good when given a chance

and i'm still not sold on our o-line and we could use more help at DE

maybe we just need a better defensive cord. like someone said, hawk needs to be set free, they're wasting him

run pMc
01-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I think GB needs more depth, youth, and talent at CB, and OL. As far as who TT will pick at 30? Whoever the BPA is.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Aquib Talib is going to go in the top 15 if runs a sub 4.5 forty. So kiss him good bye with little chance to obtain him with the 30th pick.

BF4MVP wrote:
superfan wrote:
Ballboy wrote:

CB Jack Ikegwuono, WIS?

Top 10. Wait until the Combine. He wouldn't be going pro if he knew he wasn't going to be a multi-millionaire very soon.

Top ten? Are you serious Partial? Or is this another one of your deep thoughts but then in conversation realize that you have only seen him play once or twice in 2007? The draft board rated him a low second round selection. Sure he could run a nice forty time, but the fact is he didn't have a very good season at all and some of the Big Ten receivers made him look foolish at times. His reputation is also going to be questioned since he missed a game with a stomache sickness. The word around town was that he was drinking the night before the game.

He came out because he wouldn't mind making a million dollars in his first year, and he saw his shot to put a money in his pocket.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 09:30 AM

I got $100 that says Ike isn't a top ten pick. Care to wager?

Partial
01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
No Nuts, its not one of those statements. You can criticize me all you want for thinking Sean Taylor is overrated but the fact still remains up until this year he was. He gave up more touchdowns than any player in the NFL last year. More than Ahmad Carroll, more than Atari Bigby, and more than the player you personally consider to be the worst secondary defender in the NFL.

Ike is good friends with one of my friends. He thinks he'll be a top 10 pick and I believe him. If he runs a 4.2 or a 4.3 I completely expect him to be a top 10 pick.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM

Doesn't his family already have a good amount of money?

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
No Nuts, its not one of those statements. You can criticize me all you want for thinking Sean Taylor is overrated but the fact still remains up until this year he was. He gave up more touchdowns than any player in the NFL last year. More than Ahmad Carroll, more than Atari Bigby, and more than the player you personally consider to be the worst secondary defender in the NFL.

Ike is good friends with one of my friends. He thinks he'll be a top 10 pick and I believe him. If he runs a 4.2 or a 4.3 I completely expect him to be a top 10 pick.

Seriously I will double Leapers bet with you. I remember sitting in an apartment several years ago with Aaron Gibson and he was telling me how his agent guaranteed him that he was going in the top half of the first round. He fell to the second round.

I am glad that you have some type of "inside" info for us.

Hey Partial how about Tim Tebow? Pretty crappy player? Only a Heisman. I will have to renounce my opinion though that he will be a first pick of the draft selection when he comes out, unless he gets serious work on his throwing motion in the next two years. He is a big strong lefty, but boy does he have an awkward release.

Partial
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Pretty shitty professional player prospect. Terrible quarterback. He'll make a decent fullback someday. Gee... Who might have told you that the more you watch him you see his flaws as a professional quarterback?!?!?1?

I said he:
1) Isn't accurate
2) Has bad vision
3) Bad throwing motion
4) Easily rattled with pressure
5) Not clutch

But I guess that "idiot" Partial who you've "never agreed with a word he has ever said on the forum" could never, ever be right about a player he has watched and seen play up close in person that you've only seen on your television, right?

You guaranteed he'd be a top pick and you can suddenly retract that? Funny, I said no chance in hell from day 1.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Pretty shitty professional player prospect. Terrible quarterback. He'll make a decent fullback someday. Gee... Who might have told you that the more you watch him you see his flaws as a professional quarterback?!?!?1?

I said he:
1) Isn't accurate
2) Has bad vision
3) Bad throwing motion
5) Not clutch

He started one year of College Football in the SEC!!! I don't know how you can comment on his character like that considering he has one year of starting experience. Most first year starters get rattled, make mistake regardless of talent. He was the most saught after recruit in the country two years ago, and although his throwing motion, and this point that is the only thing I can really critize him for, Pro Scouts are still very intrigued with his size, strength, running ability, his arm strength, and his leadership ability. the rest of the nonsense that you mentioned above will be more of a test and a critique factor in his junior year, and if he stays his senior year.

Cheesehead Craig
01-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Ike is the 4th best CB in the draft at best, and he's not going in the top 10. Cason is a top 10 pick and he's head and shoulders the best CB in the draft.

I personally don't think Ike is going in the first round, but draft day always has some big surprises in it.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:02 AM

I said he:
1) Isn't accurate
2) Has bad vision
3) Bad throwing motion
5) Not clutch

He started one year of College Football in the SEC!!! I don't know how you can comment on his character like that considering he has one year of starting experience. Most first year starters get rattled, make mistake regardless of talent. He was the most saught after recruit in the country two years ago, and although his throwing motion, and this point that is the only thing I can really critize him for, Pro Scouts are still very intrigued with his size, strength, running ability, his arm strength, and his leadership ability. the rest of the nonsense that you mentioned above will be more of a test and a critique factor in his junior year, and if he stays his senior year.

It's very possible he'll develop into a good player. I merely said he is a terrible quarterback prospect. I live in the now, not on his potential. Right now, if he was to come out, I'm thinking 4th round tops. His arm strength is decent but his accuracy is very poor and his vision is even worse. Can you say lock on to Harvin?!?!? For one, he has a ridiculously talentedsupporting cast so I take his success with a grain of salt, but it is very rare that he throws an accurate mid-range to deep pass. That offense is all short passing or a wobbly bomb where Harvin simply outruns the D.

There was an email going around Gainesville with a flash graphic depicting the Gators offense. The scenes went as follows:

Tebow run left
Tebow run right
Tebow run middle
Reverse to Harvin
Screen to Harvin
Bomb to Harvin

And that is sadly very accurate. For as good a TE as they have they rarely take advantage of that match-up.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 10:06 AM

If he runs a 4.2 or 4.3? Has any player ever broken 4.3 officially at the NFL combine? If it has happened, it hasn't happened often. That is WORLD CLASS speed...meaning I would expect Ike to be at the Olympics this summer if he really was that fast.

Fastest DB last year was a 4.32...and only 4 guys consistently posted sub 4.4 numbers.

If Ike was truly that fast, he'd have had a much better year than he had. He's certainly talented...and has a chance to be a player at the next level. However, there is a lot of tape of him playing at a sub-first-round level at this point.

I'm guessing if he runs a 4.45, he'll be happy. He's a big, physical corner...so anything under 4.5 will be a solid showing at the combine and give him at least a chance to get into the first round.

However, top ten pick? Not happening.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 10:07 AM
You mentioned accuracy, you think 67% completion rate is shitty?
32 touchdowns to only 6 inteceptions is shitty?
3286 yards passing, not good?
23 rushing touchdowns, fullback written all over him.

4 total touchdowns in the bowl loss to Michigan? crappy don't you think? Lets see how good the Gators are next year when they get a running game besides Tebow.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:08 AM

4 total touchdowns in the bowl loss to Michigan? crappy don't you think? Lets see how good the Gators are next year when they get a running game besides Tebow.

It is not hard to dink and dunk your way to 67%. How many times have you seen Tebow play?!?!?!?!?!?!?1 I have at least 10 times and I have to say I am not very impressed with his ability to be an NFL QB. He'll make a great fullback, though.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:08 AM

If he runs a 4.2 or 4.3? Has any player ever broken 4.3 officially at the NFL combine? If it has happened, it hasn't happened often. That is WORLD CLASS speed...meaning I would expect Ike to be at the Olympics this summer if he really was that fast.

Fastest DB last year was a 4.32...and only 4 guys consistently posted sub 4.4 numbers.

If Ike was truly that fast, he'd have had a much better year than he had. He's certainly talented...and has a chance to be a player at the next level. However, there is a lot of tape of him playing at a sub-first-round level at this point.

I'm guessing if he runs a 4.45, he'll be happy. He's a big, physical corner...so anything under 4.5 will be a solid showing at the combine and give him at least a chance to get into the first round.

Rumor has it he has clocked a 4.25ish. I think he'll run about 4.3ish and climb his way up with a ridiculous combine.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Troy Smith won a heisman.
Danny Wuerfel won a heisman.
Charlie Ward won a heisman.
Andre Ward won a heisman.
Eric Crouch won a heisman.
and so on and so fourth.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:12 AM
It's more likely than not that Tebow is going to end up like Jason White. Heisman QB that can't cut it in the NFL.

Before I get flamed, I'm not comparing their playing ability, just what the end result will be.

Maybe if he gets it together he could be something. Throwing motion isn't the be all and end all of a QB.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Rumor has it he has clocked a 4.25ish. I think he'll run about 4.3ish and climb his way up with a ridiculous combine.

Everyone is rumored to run a 4.25. What they forget to mention is that it was downhill and downwind.

The only guys who actually can do it without the aid of wind or slope are world class sprinters...who are used to running against the clock and prepare for it exclusively all their life.

At the combine, where there is a lot of pressure and there is no room for error, it is unlikely a guy is going to post close to their perceived best time. A few will post very good times and make a lot of money for it. Most will post average times. A few will post very poor times. The fact that these are FOOTBALL players is key. These guys aren't used to running a dash for a time, and it isn't something you can perfect in 4 months of training.

Again...if you are so confident Ike will run a 4.3 forty, why not take me up on a $100 bet?

SudsMcBucky
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
[quote=Partial]

Actually, Ike manned up VERY well against the big-time receivers like Hardy, Manningham, etc. His problem seems to be more a lack drive. BB mentioned that he only wished JI had the same drive for watching film, etc., that Langford did. If JI keeps his focus and works in the film room, he could very well be the best DB in the draft.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Tebow doesn't have the capacity to be a great QB on the next level. He can't read defenses very well or make all the throws necessary. He's a system QB at the college level...so what does that say about his chances at the next level, where the system he excels at is extinct?

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Tebow doesn't have the capacity to be a great QB on the next level. He can't read defenses very well or make all the throws necessary. He's a system QB at the college level...so what does that say about his chances at the next level, where the system he excels at is extinct?

Agreed 100%. Nutz through a fit and started slamming me when I said that to him at the PR game.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Actually, Ike manned up VERY well against the big-time receivers like Hardy, Manningham, etc. His problem seems to be more a lack drive. BB mentioned that he only wished JI had the same drive for watching film, etc., that Langford did. If JI keeps his focus and works in the film room, he could very well be the best DB in the draft.

I'm not saying he isn't a good prospect. I'm saying he doesn't have world class speed. Hardy and Manningham aren't 4.2 burners...few Big Ten WRs are.

Ike will do just fine running a 4.45 forty as I've said. That gives him a chance to be nabbed late in the first round, but he is more likely a guy who will go in the top half of the second.

If he can run consistent 4.4 flat times at the combine, then he's probably a very good bet for the first round...between the 10th and 25th pick.

Bottom line...no matter what he runs, he has some major questions in terms of his work ethic. That alone will prevent him from being a top ten pick on most draft boards. Teams don't want to tie up $20M in a guy who they aren't sure will always give 100%...unless he is a ridiculous physical specimen, like a Vernon Davis.

Ike's not a ridiculous specimen. I'm not knocking the guy...there are only 10 guys who will be top ten picks. Ike's just not going to be one of them.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 10:24 AM

It is not hard to dink and dunk your way to 67%. How many times have you seen Tebow play?!?!?!?!?!?!?1 I have at least 10 times and I have to say I am not very impressed with his ability to be an NFL QB. He'll make a great fullback, though.

Funny in the bar you told me you only seen him play twice. :? :roll: 9.9 yard per attempt. not dinking and dunking when you have 3286 passing yards. Bottom line you said he wasn't accurate, and his stats proved you wrong. If you don't think he will be a valid pro prospect, fine your opinion, but make sure you back it up with concrete information instead of pointing out the five most obvious comments about quarterback play in general.

Again, I was not overally impressed with him against Michigan, but at the same time the Florida offense is pretty young, and it lacked a running game to keep the Michigan defense honest.

To answer your question I saw him play four times, LSU, South Carolina, Florida St, and against Michigan. two good games, and two not so good games.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
9.9 yards per attempt when you throw the ball behind the line of scrimmage to Harvin and let him get YAC.

Stats don't tell the whole tale. No way is he a #1 pick. He doesn't have any of the intangibles other than being an OK college QB on a supremely talented team.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Not to really start an argument here, but all the big time programs are going to the spread. Different ideas with the spread, but it is now a common thing in the College football ranks.

Right now I am not judging Tebow's capacity or his mental or emotional make up since has only a sophomore, and had only started for one year.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Its kind of funny because it seems that Tebow has a knack for losing the big games:

He lost a home game against Auburn against a bitter rival that was half as talented. I've seen John Stocco look 2-3x as impressive in a TON of games.
He lost a bowl game to a Michigan team with half the Talent if that
He lost a road game at LSU that his team held a lead in yet he couldn't slam the door
He lost a South Carolina game on national television.

Kinda funny :D

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Partial, you could throw that crap out there for any QB in the NFL.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:41 AM

J-Stoccs was a winner :lol:

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM

J-Stoccs was a winner :lol:

Stocco was a smart QB who knew how to manage a game. He wasn't super-athletic and he didn't have a cannon arm, but he was tough and smart.

I can guarantee, however, that Tebow will do better in the NFL than Stocco. Of course, John didn't set the bar too high. :lol:

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't know about that. Tebow is faster but has equal arm strength with less accuracy on mid and deep throws. That is comparing Stoccos senior year to Tebows sophomore, though.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Its kind of funny because it seems that Tebow has a knack for losing the big games:

He lost a home game against Auburn against a bitter rival that was half as talented. I've seen John Stocco look 2-3x as impressive in a TON of games.
He lost a bowl game to a Michigan team with half the Talent if that
He lost a road game at LSU that his team held a lead in yet he couldn't slam the door
He lost a South Carolina game on national television.

Kinda funny :D

Florida Beat South Carolina 51 to 31 and he had 7 touchdowns.
John Stocco started for 3 years, Tebow has started for one.

Michigan has just about as much talent as any team in the country, they rank in the top 10 every year in the recruiting battles.

He lost to a very good and under rated Georgia team, who should be ranked in the top three when the 2008 season starts, a loss to the eventual national champion, and the Gators one bad loss of the season was against Auburn at home where Tebow completed 20 out 27 passes.

Tebow's phyisical skills are more impressive than any former heisman trophy winner you cared to name. How many were 6-3 235 pounds and lifted weights with the offensive linemen? His arm strength is unquestioned unlike a lot of those on your lovely list.

Partial
01-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Tebows arm strength is suspect at best. You have seen him play four games on TV. I've seen his wobbly passes float in person. Seriously, I bet if you break it down the vast majority of his passes are screens or 3-4 yarders.

I remember another big strong quarterback in the SEC. He went on to play receiver for the Jags. Tebow will end up some teams fullback.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Tebows arm strength is suspect at best. You have seen him play four games on TV. I've seen his wobbly passes float in person. Seriously, I bet if you break it down the vast majority of his passes are screens or 3-4 yarders.

I remember another big strong quarterback in the SEC. He went on to play receiver for the Jags. Tebow will end up some teams fullback.

I guess because you saw him play in person you have the best perspective, you win. :roll:

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Wouldn't seeing him on TV give you a better idea of what type of player he is, considering that you see the action more closely and have more angles to look at? :?:

Partial
01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
No, not at all. Seeing in person is a much, much, much better way to assess talent imo. You get to see so much more. You get to see the path of projectile the ball follows, etc. You can see how blanketed the receivers are, and you can really tell where the QB is looking.

It makes it a lot easier to break down coverages and see what the QB should be doing if he is doing a good job.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't seeing him on TV give you a better idea of what type of player he is, considering that you see the action more closely and have more angles to look at? :?:

Without a doubt especially with DVR. Ever hear of breaking down film? Scouts have to use TV all the time, or game tape from the school which leads to better angles and such, but being at a game is ok especially while looking at a position like QB or a coverage corner. But for line play it is terrible.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 12:01 PM

San Diego was 11-5.

SkinBasket
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Ike is worth a 3rd or 4th. Top 10 is a stupid thought, no matter what Drew is telling his friends. Something tells me the pro scouts will rely more on film from this past year than his agent's assessment.

No matter where he goes in the draft, he's a nickel back at best. Even then he lacks the physicality to handle a lot of 3rd WRs. I would imagine he'll make a passable returner and 4th CB for a few seasons before finding a place to bag some groceries.

Partial
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Are you guys delirious? I know the Badgers D sucked this year but rarely was it from Ikegwaunu being burned. Look at his sophomore year. Kid is a stud.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Did your contact come up with a reason why he basically missed a football game due to a certain stomach situation? Did he ever return that Xbox?

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Sporting News has him rated #48 overall, but being involved in a burglary in college makes NFL teams nervous these days.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Sporting News has him rated #48 overall, but being involved in a burglary in college makes NFL teams nervous these days.

In his defense, it was more of a prank than a robbery.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 12:48 PM

Regardless...in the no-nonsense NFL of today, any stupid action is going to be a black mark on your draft resume.

PackerPro42
01-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I think that the first round this year is really up for grabs, as far as the Packers are concerned. I think the three positions they'll look to address with they're first round will be corner, safety, or OLB. In the second and third round I would like to see them go after Steve Slaton RB from WVU to provide a viable backup for Grant (even though Jackson has been improving slowly) and James Hardey the 6-7 WR from Indiana in order to solidify their offense while diversifying their backfield and receiving core. I think a large possession receiver will do wonders for the quick yackers we have right now.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 12:59 PM

Regardless...in the no-nonsense NFL of today, any stupid action is going to be a black mark on your draft resume.

True, but the scouts aren't going to look at him as a Pacman Jones type of guy. I'm sure he'll be asked about the incident and he'll explain what happened and that'll be that. It isn't something that would effect whether a team would pick him or not.

Partial
01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Did your contact come up with a reason why he basically missed a football game due to a certain stomach situation? Did he ever return that Xbox?

My contact isn't a contact. He played football with him at MM and was a good buddy of his in HS. He hung out with him over Christmas break a few times.

I don't know anything about either of those situations. He was never charged so I doubt he stole an xbox.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM

My contact isn't a contact. He played football with him at MM and was a good buddy of his in HS. He hung out with him over Christmas break a few times.

I don't know anything about either of those situations. He was never charged so I doubt he stole an xbox.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=537161

Partial
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Charges were dropped is my understanding.

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't get to watch much college football, but one name I'm seeing mentioned in relation to the Packers is Reggie Smith of Oklahoma. He started out as a Safety, but switched to Cornerback. Feeling is he would be an immediate upgrade at nickel, and would have a couple of years to learn before replacing Harris or Woodson.

SkinBasket
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Are you guys delirious? I know the Badgers D sucked this year but rarely was it from Ikegwaunu being burned. Look at his sophomore year. Kid is a stud.

I'm not delirious yet, but I am kind of hungry if that counts. Ike just isn't that good. Yes, he has speed. Outside of that, he is ordinary with some questions about his maturity and toughness. I don't think he's talented enough to start in the NFL, and he's not physical enough to deal with possession type 3rd WRs. I don't think a team that takes him higher than the 4th will be happy with the return on their investment.

Guess we'll have to wait until this time next year to know, but you're off your meds to think he's anywhere near top 10 talent.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Someone better than what you guys picked at #4 in 2005.

Cedric Benson????

Tyrone Bigguns
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM

I got $100 that says Ike isn't a top ten pick. Care to wager?

Please, can i get in on this action?

There is a jumbo sized rock calling my name. TYRONE TYRONE TYRONE.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-21-2008, 02:29 PM

Your understanding of his court issues mirrors your understading of the draft. Not much.

Partial
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM

Your understanding of his court issues mirrors your understading of the draft. Not much.

Well, we will see what happens. Its very possible I am blinded by cardinal and white goggles.

One thing I am sure about though is Tim Tebow is a horrible pro prospect without a true position in the NFL.

hurleyfan
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Someone better than what you guys picked at #4 in 2005.

Cedric Benson????

Jerry, you never let me down with your barbs :lol: :lol:

Lurker64
01-21-2008, 02:52 PM

The following players are virtually guaranteed to be drafted ahead of any CB in the draft: Glen Dorsey, Darren McFadden, Matt Ryan, Chris Long, and Jake Long.

Looking at team need, most mocks don't have more than two defensive backs going in the top half of the draft, and roughly half of those are safeties.

Are you honestly telling me that Ikegwuonu is without a doubt the best defensive back in the draft? Based on college production, he would need to have one hell of a combine in order to make it into the top 10. If he doesn't outrun Mike Jenkins by quite a bit, he's not going to pass Jenkins in the draft. I also have a hard time seeing him pass Talib considering how high Talib's stock is right now, especially considering that Talib and Ikegwuonu are similar players.

I would say that barring a Vernon Davis style Combine performance, Ikegwuonu might well be there for us in the second round. Generally a lot more is made out of Big Ten (and Wisconsin, in particulary) players on this forum due to general homerism.

Partial
01-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I won't deny #6 being my favorite Badger, but he is a damn good corner back who is a physical freak. Then again I am the guy who thinks Stocco would make a great emergency QB (he is a winner) :D