PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl = Yuck

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Anybody have any interest in the Super Bowl now?

PlantPage55
01-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Tom Brady and Bill Blecch-ichek..... Or She-li Manning?
No thanks.

gex
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Its a Red sox-Yankees super bowl not intersted at all. I'll pull for the Patriots to to get the perfect season now. Fuck the 72 fins. :)

Harlan Huckleby
most Super Bowls suck.

the best games are the week after the wildcard weekend, followed by the Championship games.

Travbrew
Absoluetely not. I'd rather stick a red hot poker in my eye ball. What a bunch of shit. Maybe I'll get lucky and have to go to work on "stupid bowl" sunday.

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
I hate the Pats so I will be wishing they lose.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I couldn't care less.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I hate the Pats so I will be wishing they lose.

Double hate the Cheaters.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm not too thrilled with either of them right now...

Travbrew
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I'll just be making beer. Maybe I'll cut the grass. Oh, is it time to change the oil in the truck? What a waste of a Sunday. Well, it's hockey season now, GO PENS!!!!!

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
I'll root for the Giants, but I could care less either way.

At least the media gets their two big east coast teams. :roll:

Cheesehead Craig
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll go to a SB party, but mostly to just hang out and chat it up with people I haven't seen in a while. Couldn't care less about the result though.

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
My wife and in-laws are huge Giants fans (though the wife cheered for the Packers tonight and helped the kids draw Packer pictures and put them on all the windows).

I am probably going to cheer for the Giants, but to be honest, it is too soon after the loss to say that I will be for sure. Hell, while I understand the Pack lost this game (i.e. the Giants beat them), I still can see myself watching anything NFL related for a several weeks.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM

At least the media gets their two big east coast teams. :roll:Actually, the media wanted Favre-Brady. They aren't getting what they wanted.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM

At least the media gets their two big east coast teams. :roll:Actually, the media wanted Favre-Brady. They aren't getting what they wanted.

Revenue would of been higher for Favre-Brady. However, the media is quite happy with the two teams in the two biggest east coast markets being in the Super Bowl.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I sure as hell ain't watchin it.

Jimx29
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I can't believe the mafia and the NFL are gonna let two east coast teams play. The ratings and money bet on the game are gonna be at all time lows.
Might just as well had San Diego win if you're gonna have NY win :|

*Be it duly noted that never has there ever been any proof that the "mafia" exists, or has ever existed 8-)

packinpatland
01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm rooting for the NFC. ...............................

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM

I'm tempted to just not watch ESPN (Eastern Seaboard Programming Network) for two weeks..

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:49 PM

I'm tempted to just not watch ESPN (Eastern Seaboard Programming Network) for two weeks..

I'm sure many Packer fans will do the same.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:51 PM
You know what sucks? My wife and I are getting a divorce, and I am moving out Feb. 1st into a condo. I was planning on having a big superbowl party at my new crib. Now, I'm gonna go to bed early and sleep by myself. Oh well.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:52 PM

I'm sure many Packer fans will do the same.
Perhaps. But then after that I don't know what I'll do. Spring Training isn't far off, which means we're in for a crap load of Red Sox-Yankees talk soon. Hell, I may just quit watching ESPN all together :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
if the Giants upset the Pats, nobody will be saying the super bowl sucked.

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
You know what sucks? My wife and I are getting a divorce, and I am moving out Feb. 1st into a condo. I was planning on having a big superbowl party at my new crib. Now, I'm gonna go to bed early and sleep by myself. Oh well.

Hang in there buddy.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:56 PM

Hang in there buddy.

Thanks Kinky. Yeah, if the Giants win the Superbowl it would make all of us feel better. It's always nice when the team that beat you wins it all, it makes you think maybe you were second best. :roll: But, I don't think I'll be able to watch. And the Pats will probably dominate.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 10:56 PM

Hang in there buddy.

Seconded.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:57 PM

Hang in there buddy.

Thanks Kinky. Yeah, if the Giants win the Superbowl it would make all of us feel better. It's always nice when the team that beat you wins it all, it makes you think maybe you were second best. :roll: But, I don't think I'll be able to watch. And the Pats will probably dominate.
I don't give the Giants a snowball's chance in Hell of winning..But I don't think they'll get blown out. The Pats haven't blown anyone out in awhile.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:58 PM
PS Sorry to hear about your situation, 4&12-12&4..You'll survive, though, I'm sure.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
the NY-NE game was 38-35 at end of season, and both teams seemed to be trying to win.

Giants are sneaky good. Its time to start believing that their performances against Dallas, G.B. and N.E. are not flukes.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:01 PM
PS Sorry to hear about your situation, 4&12-12&4..You'll survive, though, I'm sure.

Id rather be me than Brett tonight. Just tonight though. 8-)

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 11:03 PM
As everyone before me has stated - hang in there.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 11:04 PM
divorce has become a right of passage. Like a barmitzfah, or circumcision, or getting fired from a job. seems like it happens to almost everybody, eventually.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:08 PM

Maybe think about a dog....Name it Atari or something and have the party anyway as a housewarming...

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:09 PM
divorce has become a right of passage. Like a barmitzfah, or circumcision, or getting fired from a job. seems like it happens to almost everybody, eventually.

You can say that again. I got married when I was 20, and she got pregnant 3 months later, I'm 38 with two daughters, 16 and 15. We were young and stupid. My kids actually want us to get a divorce cuz we are happier when we are not with each other. I hope they still feel that way when it happens.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 11:11 PM
wow, divorce after a long time together like that is a very big deal.

packers11
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I want the pats to lose so bad in the Superbowl... but then again, if they lose , that puts another thought in my head... What if the packers could of pulled out this victory...

I'm stuck 50/50 on who i'm rooting for...

I live in New England and my hate for them is unbearable... I'm stuck on my decision making... :?

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:13 PM

You can say that again. I got married when I was 20, and she got pregnant 3 months later, I'm 38 with two daughters, 16 and 15. We were young and stupid. My kids actually want us to get a divorce cuz we are happier when we are not with each other. I hope they still feel that way when it happens.

Keep your chin up. Things look bad now, but things change. It happens in football and it happens in life.

Take care of yourself. There are always better days ahead. :D

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 11:14 PM
the giants EARNED the right to face the Pats.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
the giants EARNED the right to face the Pats.

This I agree with. They played a helluva game.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I want the pats to lose so bad in the Superbowl... but then again, if they lose , that puts another thought in my head... What if the packers could of pulled out this victory...

I'm stuck 50/50 on who i'm rooting for...

I live in New England and my hate for them is unbearable... I'm stuck on my decision making... :?

Root for the Giants. At least that way, we look better because we barely got beat by the team that beat the Pats and won it all. And the Pats are cheaters, and Tom Terrific is annoying with his charming dimple. :oops:

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Down with the Pats.

Go Giants, even though it hurts to say that.