PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Giants

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Giants beat us in almost every facet of the game. Congrats.

We learned a few things - we need to replace Harris - he is no longer a number one. Our depth on the d-line hurt us. We need better work on the O-line.

Too bad, but the Giants outplayed us today.

Sucks big time.

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:16 PM

We learned a few things - we need to replace Harris - he is no longer a number one. Our depth on the d-line hurt us. We need better work on the O-line.

Sucks big time.

Harris got beat badly and repeatedly, but I think that is overreacting. Agree about the props to the Giants. They definitely deserved to win the game more than we did.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Giants are the best team in the NFC, period.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't go that far, Harlan, but they did play one hell of a game.

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Manning was terrific.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Giants are better. I'm ok with that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't go that far, Harlan, but they did play one hell of a game.

they outplayed Dallas & Green Bay. I think they are the best. Manning is a damn good QB, they have a running game, good defensive line. Right now, they're the best.

edit: And they gave the Pats a heck of a game to close out the season

GrnBay007
01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I have a Giants helmet signed by Strahan. Maybe it would be a good time to put it on ebay. :(

dissident94
01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
They won 10 in a row on the road not total. They went like 2-2 down the stretch. But they deserved to win this game and were the better team

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Too bad they're beat up. Maybe they'll recover in two weeks.

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM

I agree. Had EVERY single chip fallen in our favor (IE Jolly being healthy), I think we're up there. We just weren't as good. That's the truth. Hopefully we get some big time groth out of the young Dlineman, Grant, Bigby, Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, the young Olineman, and many more but right now, we weren't as good. I don't think we are as good as Dallas either. This year was filled with lucky bounces. It really was.

OS PA
The Packers just played a poor game today. The Giants outplayed them in all phases and TODAY they deserve to be in the Superbowl.

Harlan Huckleby

Too bad they're beat up. Maybe they'll recover in two weeks.

it will take that long to thaw out. longer for coughlin's face.

RashanGary
I have a Giants helmet signed by Strahan. Maybe it would be a good time to put it on ebay. :(

ummm.. .. . . . yeah. I would test it at least.

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I think the difference in the game was that they made us one dimensional - our run game was no where to be seen.

After that, they could rush 5 and put 6 guys in coverage - we need some help on the O-line that can not only protect the pass, but also push the run.

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I thought us using so many 6 and 7 man protections hurt too. The Giants are used to that. They play that type of offense every week. We basically played exactly how every team plays them so it was just buisness as usual and they excecuted. Favre had an off day as well. The bad decision at the end sucked, but honestly, the Giants were kicking our ass anyway. I'm not making an excuse, but it's the least of the problems in that game. He was not on with his throws though. Many passes just missed the mark.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I think the difference in the game was that they made us one dimensional - our run game was no where to be seen.

After that, they could rush 5 and put 6 guys in coverage - we need some help on the O-line that can not only protect the pass, but also push the run.

the pass sets up the run on the PAckers. They couldn't get that done tonight.

GrnBay007
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM

ummm.. .. . . . yeah. I would test it at least.

Really wish I could but it has sentimental value...don't think I could bring myself to do that.

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought us using so many 6 and 7 man protections hurt too. The Giants are used to that. They play that type of offense every week. We basically played exactly how every team plays them so it was just buisness as usual and they excecuted. Favre had an off day as well. The bad decision at the end sucked, but honestly, the Giants were kicking our ass anyway. I'm not making an excuse, but it's the least of the problems in that game. He was not on with his throws though. Many passes just missed the mark.

At the end of the 3rd quarter when he threw into triple coverage, I knew bad news was a coming.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought us using so many 6 and 7 man protections hurt too. The Giants are used to that. They play that type of offense every week. We basically played exactly how every team plays them so it was just buisness as usual and they excecuted. Favre had an off day as well. The bad decision at the end sucked, but honestly, the Giants were kicking our ass anyway. I'm not making an excuse, but it's the least of the problems in that game. He was not on with his throws though. Many passes just missed the mark.I don't think the pass was a bad decision. Just the execution.

digitaldean
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Giants D played well. Our playcalling abandoning the run was pretty suspect.

Defensive penalties (phantom or otherwise), especially Collins roughing call were sheer stupidity on the one Giants TD drive.

We had chances in this game, especially the muffed punt at midfield late in regulation.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Tiki must be a jerk...I'm baffled.

HarveyWallbangers
01-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Giants outplayed us in almost every facet, and they outcoached us. They deserve to go to the Super Bowl.

packinpatland
01-20-2008, 10:29 PM

Why would you have one of those?????

Brohm
01-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Yep Giants smoked us. The score looks close but definatley does not tell the story of the game.

packinpatland
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM

Sucks big time.

All season our guys ( Al and Charles Woodson) were touted as the two of the best in the league.........come on... lay off Al.

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
I am just saying that Al is not a number one - he will be a decent number two or nickel - but he can no longer cover another team's legit number one.

I think Al is a good corner, just not a great corner, and tonight showed it. Every time he plays against a legit number one - he gets the short end of the stick. Whether its Burress or Owens (or if we would have seen Moss), it has been the same (especially as the year went on).

Just speaking what I think is the truth.

Scott Campbell
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I would have taken a W, but the L was deserved. The Giants won 3 road playoff games and look like the best team to take on the Pats in the Superbowl. They whupped us.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM

Sucks big time.

All season our guys ( Al and Charles Woodson) were touted as the two of the best in the league.........come on lay off Al.

Thats what is so baffling about Al's game. I mean, I've watched Plexy through his career, and he's always been good, but, Al has shut down EVERY GREAT receiver he's faced all year, it was unbelievable to watch Buress dismantle him like that. And where did eli come from these last two months. I expected him to have a horrible game against our defense. I guess he's growing up.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I am just saying that Al is not a number one - he will be a decent number two or nickel - but he can no longer cover another team's legit number one.

I think Al is a good corner, just not a great corner, and tonight showed it. Every time he plays against a legit number one - he gets the short end of the stick. Whether its Burress or Owens (or if we would have seen Moss), it has been the same (especially as the year went on).

Just speaking what I think is the truth.

Try and back that up with stats and you will find that you are dead wrong. Al shut down every #1 receiver this year up until this game. Much better receivers than Burress. He just had a bad game. But, MM should've given him help after half, or switched he and Woodson. It was clear it wasn't Al's day. Burress got in his head and stayed there.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
They were the better team today. Hats off to them.