PDA

View Full Version : Favrelous

superfan
01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Brett had a tough game, but it is tough to see him ending his career like this. This team is as close to on the cusp as you can get - young, and just lost the NFC Champtionship in overtime.

I think he'll be back for another year.

mmmdk
01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Brett had a tough game, but it is tough to see him ending his career like this. This team is as close to on the cusp as you can get - young, and just lost the NFC Champtionship in overtime.

I don't think Favre knows - it's 50/50.

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
it stings enough that we lost. No need to talk about Favre's career being over !!

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM

Truthfully, I think it's time Brett hangs up the spikes. Pack will be doing Rodgers no favors by sitting him another year. Time for all of us to move on. It's been a great, great run. Leave it at that.

Brando19
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I think he needs to tell the team ASAP. This retirement thing is too long and drawn out. Maybe it's too hard on me, I dunno. :lol:

Please come back to the Pack, Brett...one or two more runs.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM

Truthfully, I think it's time Brett hangs up the spikes. Pack will be doing Rodgers no favors by sitting him another year. Time for all of us to move on. It's been a great, great run. Leave it at that.WHy? If he comes back they have another shot to get to the SB. They will everybody back. It would be idiotic to hope Brett hangs them up now just so we don't hurt Rodgers feelings. Moronic.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Favre is gonna play until he stinks. he doesn't stink yet.

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM

Truthfully, I think it's time Brett hangs up the spikes. Pack will be doing Rodgers no favors by sitting him another year. Time for all of us to move on. It's been a great, great run. Leave it at that.WHy? If he comes back they have another shot to get to the SB. They will everybody back. It would be idiotic to hope Brett hangs them up now just so we don't hurt Rodgers feelings. Moronic.

Isn't Rodgers playing the last year on his contract? What if he goes free agent? Favre can't play forever. Yes, he had a remarkable year, but he's fighting father time. When will it not be moronic for him to retire?

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I thought Favre had a fantastic season. He definitly shouldn't retire because he can't play. If he retires, it shoudl be because he doesn't want to play.

PA Pack Fan
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
How many more choke performances can you guys sit through? Talk about a glutton for punishment! I'd love to see Rodgers in the second half. We'd be celebrating.

Brando19
01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
If he retires....that will be a sucky way to go out. Cold weather, NFC Championship, Lambeau Field, overtime, INTERCEPTION....gosh that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Everybody admit it....

You knew the INT in Overtime was coming.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
And he should come back without question. He's said he's playing the best football of his life. Why would he quit?

PA Pack Fan
01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Everybody admit it....

Didn't "know" but I did tell my wife it was coming.

Maxie the Taxi
Everybody admit it....

I called it. My wife is the witness. Honestly, I thought it was coming in the 4th quarter.

PA Pack Fan
And he should come back without question. He's said he's playing the best football of his life. Why would he quit?
Cause he's almost 40. Ever see a fantastic 40 yr old qb?

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Cause he's almost 40.

So was Blanda. :D

PA Pack Fan
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
We need a young qb to go with the young team.

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM

Everybody on this team must compete for a position. That philosophy is what got us this far this year. Shouldn't be his call. Shouldn't be our default QB. Let him compete with Rodgers next summer.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:49 PM

The transition from Favre to whoever will take at least a year. The year that Favre leaves, no matter what talent we have, we'll suffer the consequences the next season. You can't make that transition without major consequences, period.

digitaldean
01-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Boy, let's all have a wake and bury the guy who helped GET us here in the first place.

Did Brett have a subpar game, yes. But hardly the reason to pillary the guy.

There's absolutely NO way we'd would've gotten here without him.

Maxie the Taxi

The transition from Favre to whoever will take at least a year. The year that Favre leaves, no matter what talent we have, we'll suffer the consequences the next season. You can't make that transition without major consequences, period.

Not necessarily true. Didn't Rivers step in nicely in San Diego. There have been others.

PA Pack Fan

You dont know that. Rodgers is not a rookie.

PA Pack Fan
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Boy, let's all have a wake and bury the guy who helped GET us here in the first place.

you have no idea whethter or not someone else could have done it. You act like Farve is the only good player on the team. Try being the slightest bit realistic.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM

Not necessarily true. Didn't Rivers step in nicely in San Diego. There have been others.

The transition from Brees to River is nowhere near a transition from a QB who's been starting since 1992 to a guy that's basically a rookie, at least in terms of playing time.

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
I thought the Packers played right into the Giants hands. They used 6 and 7 guys to block 4 and let the Giants secondary gang up on the 3 guys we had running routes.

I thought they should have used more 5 man protection, sure Favre would have taken more hits, but you can't just put all your recources just to block the front 4. They havn't done that all year and now they did it against a team that sees it every week. We played right into their hands and away from our strengths IMO

BallHawk

Hey, at least we have one post that's not a complete knee-jerk reaction.

MJZiggy
Settle down now, I know we're all a little testy, let's not take it out on each other. Let's take it out on someone deserving--Like say, Troy Aikman.

Merlin
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM
I have never seen this many moronic posts about Favre in my entire life. Hey morons, Favre threw an int, the ball sailed. Big fucking deal. Tynes hit a home run and now it's Rodgers turn? We should have had Rodgers in the second half? How about some coaching in the second half? Ill timed blitzes, poor offensive play calling, and now it's Favre has to retire?

I suggest you keep your idiotic and naive comments to yourselves when you are around other fans. Someone will lay your ass out for being that stupid, bank on it.

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM

Agreed. This was his year, win or lose.

Brohm
01-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Given it was overtime, we had no offensive rhythm (well it was pretty fucking offensive) I figured it was just a matter of time before the total meltdown self distruction. I mean how many 3 and outs do we have to have to figure out the GAMEPLAN WSS NOT WORKING! Fuck by then it was too late to get a running attack anyways.

Another end of season throw it up in the air for fuck's sake choke job. Fart in the wind....

Sorry I'm a bit bitter wtf coming out and getting your jock handed to you on your home field. Go go defense. Hope you like watching the NY Giants getting crowned NFC Champs on your home field fucktards. Fuck does Wally World sell A FUCKING PASS RUSH. God forbid Bob Sanders coaches something up to find one.

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Is anyone listening to this press conference right now? M3 being asked if he and Favre talked about retirement or not? Yeah, I'm sure that was the first thing they discussed after they got back in the locker room :roll:

PA Pack Fan
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
I have never seen this many moronic posts about Favre in my entire life. Hey morons, Favre threw an int, the ball sailed. Big fucking deal. Tynes hit a home run and now it's Rodgers turn? We should have had Rodgers in the second half? How about some coaching in the second half? Ill timed blitzes, poor offensive play calling, and now it's Favre has to retire?

I suggest you keep your idiotic and naive comments to yourselves when you are around other fans. Someone will lay your ass out for being that stupid, bank on it.
Gonna play him till he's 50? Get real

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:57 PM

2nd non-knee-jerk reaction of the thread.

Way to go people, let's go for 5. :roll:

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Favre made two pretty bad decisions. Other than that, his guys were covered very well and he threw some pretty bad passes. It was definitly a tough game, but the Giants are better than I thought they were. I think it was more a case of them being really good than us being really bad. The Cowboys looked like shit too. Hell, the Patriots looked very beatable a couple weeks ago against this same team.

Hats off to them. I'm not going to rip Favre or any one person because the whole defense was absolutely shredded and the ST's was below average.

cpk1994
How many more choke performances can you guys sit through? Talk about a glutton for punishment! I'd love to see Rodgers in the second half. We'd be celebrating.Most idiotic atement of the night. Congratulations.

MJZiggy
How 'bout we just play him til he can't play like he did last week?

digitaldean
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM

you have no idea whethter or not someone else could have done it. You act like Favre is the only good player on the team. Try being the slightest bit realistic.

And YOU try being the slightest bit realistic also. Never said my name was Miss Cleo, but others said it would take a year of transition if Rodgers takes over. So going off of that logic, no, I don't think we would have gotten this far.

Never said Favre was the only good player on this team. But you fail to see that he did have a role in leadership this season.

If Favre wants to come back, he has to let the Packers know ASAP so we can look for more depth at QB. He can't wait until after the draft. That's the only thing I'd ask of him.

I cannot believe the hairtrigger mentality of some of these posts tonight. My God, we had a season most of us never expected at all. Now some are acting like Brett is the sole reason we lost this game.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Settle down now, I know we're all a little testy, let's not take it out on each other. Let's take it out on someone deserving--Like say, Troy Aikman.

Thank you, at least someone here can think reasonably at a tough time. My god, we are suppose to be the best fans in the world. Will a moderator please get rid of this thread. Any here that has bad things to say about Favre, the guy who is starting the Pro Bowl for the NFC at age 38, listen to yourselves, your mad. So, what, we lost a tough game in OT, a Championship game. NONE of us thought this team would even win the division, and you know it. MJ, thank you for youre rational. Thats why Im voting for Hillary!!

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
I am one of the biggest Favre apologist - but I think that he should hang it up. I just don't think we will have another season like this one.

I don't think he played bad (made some bad decisions, but the lack of a run game and the D unable to stop the Giants, caused the loss). However, he is losing a step, and he is going out a winner.

I don't know. I am really not dissappointed with his play - I just don't want to go throught a 8-8 season with him commanding the ship.

Merlin
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Knee jerk this asswipe.

I call them as I see them. Favre is what? 49 now is he? Don't ever let reality interfere with your logic.

Rodgers is going to lead us to the NFC title game? What planet are you from? Rodgers can lead us to the water cooler, and even then it's questionable if he can find it unless it's the primary water cooler and not the one that has water in it.

I am not going to take this bullshit from a bunch of bandwagon muther fuckers anymore on this site. If that's the kind of site you want, then fine have it. Isn't worth my time to argue with morons anymore. It's one thing to be a fan, it's entirely another to spout off such stupid comments.

"Play him till he's 50", "Rodgers should have played"

Idiots, one and all.

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Idiots, one and all.

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM
How many more choke performances can you guys sit through? Talk about a glutton for punishment! I'd love to see Rodgers in the second half. We'd be celebrating.Most idiotic atement of the night. Congratulations.

Celebrating? haha. I think it would be more like tomorrow we'd hear that Rodgers tore his ACL falling on a snowflake.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 10:13 PM

I suggest you keep your idiotic and naive comments to yourselves when you are around other fans. Someone will lay your ass out for being that stupid, bank on it.Well, you are an expert at moronic posts with idiotic and naive cvomments. That said, people are just upset and need some time to calm down, sober up and get rational.

Merlin
01-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Apparently we are letting anyone in here now. If I wanted to listen to asswipes, I would go to ESPN or JS.

I knew once I got the "we want articles that don't offend people" speech that we were one step away from this kind of mindless babel.

If this is the type of "people" you wanted to attract to this site then count me out.

Merlin
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM

I suggest you keep your idiotic and naive comments to yourselves when you are around other fans. Someone will lay your ass out for being that stupid, bank on it.Well, you are an expert at moronic posts with idiotic and naive cvomments. That said, people are just upset and need some time to calm down, sober up and get rational.

I don't think you have one constructive post in this place. Everything with you is all bashing and attacking. Please read my prior post. We used to have standards here but case in point, there are none now. We let every idiot in here and you fit the bill.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Um, Merlin, it's a public forum. Anybody can join if they want to. Not everybody has to agree with your opinions. :roll:

Brando19
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I wonder if Favre plays in the Pro Bowl? I doubt it, but he should.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Idiots, one and all.

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

lol: funy

Merlin
01-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Um, Merlin, it's a public forum. Anybody can join if they want to. Not everybody has to agree with your opinions. :roll:

Oh contraire, it is NOT a public forum. Do my tax dollars pay for it? No they do not. This is a private website. It's a matter of the power that be actually stick to what the initial concept was in here, not to allow morons. However they are too interested in making sure the world knows about this site so it has become no better then ESP or JS.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 10:28 PM

I don't think you have one constructive post in this place. Everything with you is all bashing and attacking. Please read my prior post. We used to have standards here but case in point, there are none now. We let every idiot in here and you fit the bill.Obviously you either cherry pick my posts or just made an assumption. I have already made it clear tonight that:

1.M3's playcalling was dubious.

2. Not giving Al and Chuck help was a fatal error.

3. I defended Jarret Bush.

4. I actually have defended Favre on the last INT which is the first time I have ever defended him.

Now you come on here taking about moroinc posts and nieve comments. Talk about pot calling kettle. I just kindly pointed that out. If you can't take a little bashing, why then are you still here? I have taken my own bashing and really don't care. You on the other hand, can't seem to take any criticsm and cry like a 4th grader who had his ball stolen when someone jabs you. Ill just leave it at that.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:29 PM

I don't think Favre knows - it's 50/50.
That's how I feel too

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Since this thread is about Favre, if he would've moved to Wisconsin years ago, do you think he'd be a better cold weather qb? Maybe living in Mississippi hurts him at the end of the year.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM

Oh contraire, it is NOT a public forum. Do my tax dollars pay for it? No they do not. This is a private website. It's a matter of the power that be actually stick to what the initial concept was in here, not to allow morons. However they are too interested in making sure the world knows about this site so it has become no better then ESP or JS.

Since when did we have standards? Harlan started this place and he's the biggest idiot on here. Just kidding dear.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:18 PM

Since when did we have standards? Harlan started this place and he's the biggest idiot on here. Just kidding dear.

It does amaze me some of the threads that get through here. And some of them STARTED by Harlan. :wink:

GoPackGo
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Everybody admit it....

STFU right now
I fully expected Favre to move the offense into field goal range at least

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Everybody admit it....

STFU right now

Yes, master. :roll:

GoPackGo
01-20-2008, 11:37 PM

pessimist
:evil:

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM

pessimist
:evil:

Unfortunately, it's not pessimism, it's using previous knowledge.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:44 PM
http://packerrats.com/gallery/media/postergame/favrelous.gif

oregonpackfan
01-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Hey, Packer Rats, "Can't we all just get along?"

Let us not forget there were 28 other NFL teams that did not earn the right to play today. The Packers were one of the four who earned the privilege to play.

It has been a fantastic season.