PDA

View Full Version : Bush

Lynx4Ben
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
That dude should have flopped on the fumble instead of trying to be the hero. Seriously isn't that basic football.

Great season, but that was painful.

Ugh.

GBRulz
01-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Poppy had a chance at it too, ya know.

Lynx4Ben
01-20-2008, 09:50 PM
True but at least Poppy tried to lay on it.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Pop had a hard play because he had a guy on his back.

Bush could of easily fallen on it, but, being the young, self-centered player that he is, tries to run with it and be the hero.

Seriously, it's basic football. Fall on it. You're taught that from a young age. :roll:

But, hell, it's easy for us to talk.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Bush could of easily fallen on it, but, being the young, self-centered player that he is, tries to run with it and be the hero.

Seriously, it's basic football. Fall on it. You're taught that from a young age. :roll:

But, hell, it's easy for us to talk.I wouldn't call it self centered. He was a young player thinking on the fly. Calling Bush self-centered is unfair and unnessecary.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Poppinga played a good game.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM

But, hell, it's easy for us to talk.I wouldn't call it self centered. He was a young player thinking on the fly. Calling Bush self-centered is unfair and unnessecary.

Watch his reactions to when he got INTs in the pre-season game against Seattle. He celebrates for an eternity after he makes a play. Self-centered perhaps isn't the right word, but he doesn't have a solid head on his shoulders.

lcbj68c
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Monday morning quarterbacking. You're cheering the guy if he picks it up and scores a td. With the Giants D playing big, falling on it might not have mattered.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM

Watch his reactions to when he got INTs in the pre-season game against Seattle. He celebrates for an eternity after he makes a play. Self-centered perhaps isn't the right word, but he doesn't have a solid head on his shoulders.What does preseason have to do with now? To make a judgment on a player in the postseason for something he did in the preseason is really a waste of time. He made a rookie mistake and he will learn from it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lynx4Ben
01-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Monday morning quarterbacking. You're cheering the guy if he picks it up and scores a td. With the Giants D playing big, falling on it might not have mattered.

Falling on it means field position which we were not otherwise getting.

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Poppinga played a good game.

I agree. Bigby and Poppinga (two of everyones favorite whipping boys) played fantastic. Barnett sucked ass.

RashanGary
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
I thought Favre had a very off night passing the ball. None of his passes were on the mark. It was jsut strange how poorly he was throwing.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I thought Favre had a very off night passing the ball. None of his passes were on the mark. It was jsut strange how poorly he was throwing.

He had a perfect pass that was dropped by Ruvell.

Otherwise, he wasn't sharp. I blame the weather as a big part, but maybe he just had an off-night.

privatepacker
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM

I didn't think Favre was on the mark the whole game. It was a bad time to have a bad game.

Brohm
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Popps and Bigby played good tonight. Corners just could not handle Plax and the coordinators couldn't figure that out until it was to late.

I'd say Farve had a bad game, but the coaches/game plan was of no help whatsoever. The offensive performance was heinous which helped the Ginats to a 2:1 TOP advantage W...T...F.

Everytime we got the ball back, I just had the feeling we were not going to do crap with it. There was just nothing there, no counterpunch, no adjustments. Knock off the Driver touchdown where he destroyed the CB at thhe line and that's what...80 yards of offense right there. And geez 14 rushes...WTH.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Do not watch the Jarrett Bush play if you have kids or small animals around you. It's painful to watch. It's a simple fall on it and you've got the ball. We'd have to go 25 yards and then we'd have a good chance to win it. :evil:

pbmax
01-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Someone asked me what I was screaming about as I had been relatively calm most of the game. That was the play. :)

That dude should have flopped on the fumble instead of trying to be the hero. Seriously isn't that basic football.

Great season, but that was painful.

Ugh.

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Do not watch the Jarrett Bush play if you have kids or small animals around you. It's painful to watch. It's a simple fall on it and you've got the ball. We'd have to go 25 yards and then we'd have a good chance to win it. :evil:

I agree. Fortunately my guinea pig was in another room. :)

Ballboy
01-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Falling on it was the right play, your right, he was trying to be a hero so he could do one his dances....Bush really to me fell apart throughout the year. He looked OK in preseason and I thought throughout the year he would grow into a player....not!

The real problem with the game was the special teams both on punt and kickoff. Why did Williams and Robinson have such problems with the kick-offs? Why AGAIN were we giving up so many yards on kick returns(I think they started twice on plus 40).

Bob Saunders and Stock really need to be looked at as coaches. The defense seemed unprepared in the first half and the special teams were terrible the whole game.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Hell he could have just kicked the ball a measly 20 yards and it would have been better than what happened.

anyways he tried to make a play, it didn't work out. I wish he would have fallen on the ball it would have been a little bit more simple.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Samkon Gado would have fallen on it.

packers11
01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
guys... you can't put a lot of the blame on bush... luck can only roll your way so many times... The offesne simply could not GET A FIRST DOWN... I'm starting to think that this team needs to play in a dome or down south because this cold killed them...

cpk1994
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
guys... you can't put a lot of the blame on bush... luck can only roll your way so many times... The offesne simply could not GET A FIRST DOWN... I'm starting to think that this team needs to play in a dome or down south because this cold killed them...One more time... THE COLD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Execution and coaching were the reasons for this loss not the cold.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 03:13 PM
One more time... THE COLD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did we lose because of the cold? No.

Was the cold part of the reason we lost? Yes.

The cold hurt us mentally more than it did physically, however.

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
What did the cold have to do with not being able to run the ball and not being able to cover Plaxico Burress?