PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody Strangely At Peace?

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Is anybody else not freaking out about us losing?

Sure, I know we are all disappointed about losing this game. We were one away from the Super Bowl. But, I'm not freaking out. It could be because once we were in the 4th quarter I started to expect us to lose. It just wasn't our day, we were outplayed by the better team, at least for tonight.

I'm mellow and disappointed. I'm not angry.

Lurker64
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I am. I'm mellow and disappointed. I'm kind of sad that I'm pretty much going to be avoiding the sports media for the next month or so, and that's always been something I enjoyed doing so I need to come up with something else to do.

But it was a hell of a season, and we were playing with house money. I have nothing to be ashamed of as a Green Bay Packer fan, and I would count this season (overall) as a success. There's stuff to work on, but there always is.

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Gotta capitalize in overtime..They were totally outplayed the entire game and still had a great chance to win..I feel sick.

Carolina_Packer
01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
The Giants deserved to win, given their play and Green Bay's inability to execute their offense. I am thrilled with the season they had and hope Favre comes back for another run next year. Go Giants! Beat the Pats and be the team of destiny.

digitaldean
01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Is anybody else not freaking out about us losing?

Sure, I know we are all disappointed about losing this game. We were one away from the Super Bowl. But, I'm not freaking out. It could be because once we were in the 4th quarter I started to expect us to lose. It just wasn't our day, we were outplayed by the better team, at least for tonight.

I'm mellow and disappointed. I'm not angry.

I didn't have the feeling we'd lose, but also was extremely uneasy. The D was getting shoved around most of the night.

I look at how many years we have been missing the playoffs. Considering how close we came to getting to the game and missing it hurts, but I'm not like some of these other posting tonight. Man, for some they either have to put the beer down or just stop posting because the venom they're spewing is totally uncalled for.

There was plenty of blame to go around tonight.

RashanGary
Lurker, Ballhawk,

I feel the same way. It sucked to lose but they really handed it to us. It's worse to play well and lose but they just handed it to us on offense, defense and ST's. I had 3 hours to sort of adjust to the fact that it was not our day.

I just feel like the better team won and the Packers have to get back to work, making physical improvments, coaching improvements, cutting some of the lesser players and adding some better players. They just have to get better. I love to see them win, but I don't really freak out too badly when they lose.

4and12to12and4
Me too. My wife actually said, why are you smiling, to me. I never expected them to win the Superbowl anyways because of the Pats, so I figured we were gonna end this season with a loss. Just thought it would be one game later. But that would've been really bad for me. Losing to the Pats in the Superbowl after two weeks of "favre vs. Brady" wouldve spiraled me into a week long depression. I'd rather end it like this.

packinpatland
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I really am OK with this. I wish tonight's game would have gone better...even if the outcome was still a loss.
This has been such a ride.........an unexpected joy ride.

privatepacker
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I am. I'm mellow and disappointed......

But it was a hell of a season, and we were playing with house money. I have nothing to be ashamed of as a Green Bay Packer fan, and I would count this season (overall) as a success. There's stuff to work on, but there always is.

Funny but my wife said the same thing and I said, "the season has been such a surprise that even losing this game you can't get upset". The other issue is the way they played tonight, the Super Bowl would have been embarassing.

packinpatland
01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I am. I'm mellow and disappointed......

Funny but my wife said the same thing and I said, "the season has been such a surprise that even losing this game you can't get upset". The other issue is the way they played tonight, the Super Bowl would have been embarassing.

..........she the Patriot fan?

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
I kinda feel the same way. I'm very disappointed and got my rant out about it and now I'm just thinking about how great this team is gonna be next year with a year's experience behind them.

RIPackerFan
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah it sucks. The Giants outplayed us. We need to build up some areas, but we have the salary cap to do so.

I will need some time though. My in-laws, Giants fans, of course are happy, and I can see why, but I am not ready to be happy with them yet.

Scott Campbell
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
This wasn't the 4th and 26 game where we deserved to win. The Giants deserved to win this game. I'm not happy with it, but don't feel jipped.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm at peace, altho the bong hit has something to do with that.

gbgary
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Is Anybody Strangely At Peace?

yeah...it's the same feeling you have right after you throw up. lol

CyclonePackFan
01-20-2008, 10:44 PM
I was angry at the end of the game. Mellowed out a little on the way back from the bar, and I'm strangely OK with it now. With the trouble we had with the Giants receivers, I shudder to think what Welker, Moss, and Co. could do to us.

Then again, my BAC has risen somewhat since the end of the game. That might have something to do with it.

Excuse me while I raise it a little more.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Is Anybody Strangely At Peace?

yeah...it's the same feeling you have right after you throw up. lol

You feel good after you throw up.

I don't feel good right now.

Brohm

:lol:

4and12to12and4
This wasn't the 4th and 26 game where we deserved to win. The Giants deserved to win this game. I'm not happy with it, but don't feel jipped.

Thats a good way to put it. If the Giants would've lost, their fans would've felt ten times worse, after missing those field goals , and lets not even get into how the kicker would feel. I feel sorry for Brett, though, after such a great year, where his interceptions were down, and he had such a good year, to throw a pick as his last pass stinks.

BallHawk

Tank would say the same thing.

Pacopete4
ya, i feel the same way.. im not that upset. I mean I would have really loved to watch us in the superbowl but who woulda thought we woulda been watchin the nfc championship game at lambeau field? amazing season, and now i just hope brett says hes coming back soon

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
When I went to visit JSO's Packers website a big pic of Brett came on the screen and it said "Thanks for a great season!"

It made me feel just a tad bit better because, if only for a few seconds, I was able to focus on all of the joy that this team has given Packer fans this season rather than the disappointment brought on by this loss.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:48 PM

Do you think tank was secretly here tonight under guise? There were a few names I didn't recognize!!

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 10:57 PM

Wish I had one.......although the Dogfish Head Old School helped.... :lol:

NewsBruin
01-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I was upset, and then I wasn't, and then I am again.

I'm ticked for enough times we could have turned it around but didn't, and then I was content for the effort the team put into this game and this season and pleased that two capacity crowds of Green Bay faithful got to see Brett and the Pack play their hearts out in the playoffs. I didn't think we'd get this far when the season started; I didn't think that at the halfway point.

But I'm upset, or maybe just frustrated, now, for how far we've gotten to end at the doorstep of the Super Bowl. These Conference Championships aren't given out with box tops or yogurt lids. I was really rooting for Favre, Driver, Al Harris, Kampman, Bubba, Taush, Chad, Nick B, KGB, Koren, and Rob Davis to get one (or one more) shot at playing in the Big Game.

I think the younger players aren't going to see how close they were and how infrequently it comes. Brett was quoted as saying that he thought he'd always get more chances when he lost the '98 Super Bowl. It took him ten more years.

I like our young corps of players. I wouldn't be surprised to see AJ, Greg, Aaron, Ryan, James Jones, Barbre, Mason, and Atari getting another shot before they retire. It's the old guard who'll have to convince themselves it's worth another hellish offseason to make it to the playoffs.

While I'm not pessimistic, nothing's given, and Mike McCarthy had better come back after a decent layoff and evaluate every way he could have called a better game and prepped his players better. I'm proud of everyone's effort, and I want to see us back to being Super Bowl contenders for years to come.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM
NewsBruin, great post. That sums it up completely for me. I'm feeling down now, I'm sure I'll go back and forth between moods for a day and then I'll put it behind me.

oregonpackfan
01-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes, indeed, I am gratefully at peace with the season.

Perhaps we all need to remember that only a small number of us had any expectations the Packers would finish the regular season at 13-3. Even fewer of us even fantasized about the Packers being in the NFC Championship game.

Sure, I wanted the Packers to win and have a shot at the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Giants simply outplayed the Packers and deserved to win.

What a glorious season it has been! :)

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm ok....but you have a NFC title game at home only so often. I just hope the next time is not ten years away.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2008, 11:52 PM
I didn't feel at peace, I literal ran out of my buddies house and became physically ill. I dry heaved numerous times in his drive way and finally made it to the car where driving home I was making animal noises because I couldn't even communicate to myself.

I got home and tore up this week's Jinks of a Sports Illustrated. My wife hadn't finished the game yet since she had to DVR it, so I had to wait upstairs before I could even vent to her. Eventually I sat down and wrote Winners and Losers and that for the moment has calmed me down.

Totally disappointed in this loss from all aspects of this game. There is nothing that anyone could bring up that I don't feel disappointed in.

Noodle
01-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes, indeed, I am gratefully at peace with the season.

Perhaps we all need to remember that only a small number of us had any expectations the Packers would finish the regular season at 13-3. Even fewer of us even fantasized about the Packers being in the NFC Championship game.

I remember the pre-season poll we did, and the vast majority, including me, had this team at .500 or below. I don't recall any one, at all, saying this was an NFC Championship team, and most of us did not believe we had a realistic shot at the playoffs.

It's been an amazing year. Great to see Favre play well again after a crappy end to last season. Great to see Koren be embraced by the team. Great to see new guys like Grant and Bigby and Jones and Crosby do so well. Great to have a guy like Driver leading the team. Just so many things to be happy about.

Except of course getting our asses handed to us on our home field by the friggin' Gi'nts. That's not so great.

pacfan
01-21-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm strangely at peace with this loss. This season was such a fantastic ride that it helps with the dissapointment with losing to the giants. I really thought we could beat them in our house. I was so nervous during the second half that I thought I was going to toss my cookies. The missed FGs the OT int, I nearly lost my voice.

But when Tynes kicked it, I just walked up to my room and read the packerrats stuff, misery loves company. I'm not ready for the shit-talkers yet, but I'm no danger to our family pets either.

What does have me a bit uneasy is the idea that Favre might be done. If he does retire that would suck, I know that people here have their opinions one way or the other about Favre hanging up his cleats. For me the guy has been a fixture for so many years and when he does decide to retire that day will be tough for me.

MadtownPacker
01-21-2008, 01:45 AM
If by "at peace" you mean the way loonies feel at peace before they do something crazy then yeah, Im feeling the calm.

Regardless of what anyone expected before the season the reality was the Packers where 1 win at home away from the SB. Stings badly.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 02:50 AM
pissed off and disappointed in being dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides

Kiwon
01-21-2008, 03:50 AM
What is this - Metaphysical night? Pass out the love beads and gimme ghanja.

The Packers rushed for 28 yards!

If they had had any semblance of a running game you could have enjoyed the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl and then had your peace when they lost to the Patriots. But at least they would have gotten to the Big Show.

Yes, exceeding expectations is nice, but this was the NFC Championship game at Lambeau. The Pack were relatively healthy and had loads of momentum. 2007 was a Cinderella story for these guys. These types of circumstances are very, very rare.

Just ask Dan Marino or Peyton Manning.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 05:10 AM
NFC Championship games at home should lead to the super bowl - it's not an everyday thing. That's a fact.

I've felt worse after Packer losses though but only a few. I felt confident during our run in the nineties that we'd eventually get to the SB; this is different. Packers are good but not great - the draft, free agency, player development and getting smarter are key. Packers won't sneak up on anyone no more - coaches have a big task ahead of them. GM and players too.

Patler
01-21-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm not "at peace", because frankly it doesn't impact me one way or the other. There is nothing to be "at peace" about.

I never get too excited about wins or about losses. I follow football to be entertained from the play. I enjoy wins for about 5 minutes after the game and I lament losses for about 2 minutes, than I go on with my life. Winning or losing has little impact on how I feel 15 minutes after the game ends.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 06:52 AM
If anybody is feeling down, do happy things to take your mind off the loss. :D

GBRulz
01-21-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm very proud of what the team accomplished this year. Def looking forward to next year and being even better.

A part of me wishes that we wouldn't have even gone to OT though. I can't stand seeing people blame Favre for the loss or calling for his retirement.

LL2
01-21-2008, 08:45 AM
I've taken other losses harder than this one. It was a great year. As fans we still have a lot to be proud of, and the Packers were over achievers this year.

I sure hope TT does a little more this year than sign a back up corner back in the off season. He needs to really build on this season. I really think this team has a chance to win the SB in the next two years.

Patler
01-21-2008, 08:50 AM
A part of me wishes that we wouldn't have even gone to OT though. I can't stand seeing people blame Favre for the loss or calling for his retirement.

Even without OT, the same questions would arise.

He did make several ill-advised throws late in a close game that were not, but could have been intercepted.

McQuarters and Tauscher got him out of the first interception.

Manning threw the ball consistently all game. Favre did not. Age?

Having gotten older myself, and having been an outdoor person my whole life, I can assure you that you do go through stages. When young, I worked and recreated outdoors in the dead of northern winters, even when temperatures were -20F. In many ways, it was exhilarating and challenging; even enjoyable because of the tests it put you to. In my middle years cold didn't bother me, and bitter cold was tolerated, but no longer exhilarating. That seems to be degrading to wanting to avoid bitter cold and merely tolerating "normal" cold.

Who knows where Favre is at in such a progression? Unfortunately, the Packers need players, and especially a QB that have a positive attitude about such conditions. Maybe (I don't know, just throwing it out there) Favre is no longer that type of player.

There were many pictures of Favre sitting overly bundled up, winter cap and hood in place, face covered and almost looking withdrawn on the sidelines. Once he was shown struggling to position a chemical warming pack in his ski mask over his mouth. We saw similar pictures from Chicago. Last night Manning often was shown upright, attentive and much less covered or sheltered than Favre. Manning was shown standing with a coat on, but with helmet in place and talking to other players. Merely a coincidence of timing, or was that what it was like through out?

People age. Players age. The Favre questions, complaints and accusations would be there even without the OT. It is the nature of being a 38 year old QB who at times has always been a little reckless with the ball.

Don't feel worse because of the OT. It didn't matter.

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure I'd say "at peace" exactly, but I know exactly what you mean. I did only throw my Packers cap once last night, so I didn't embarass myself too much in front of the in-laws :mrgreen: Yeah, it hurt, and it hurt more for it to be at home. But, it was incredibly exciting--it's one of those sorts of games people will talk about for years and it was a treat to be able to see it.

However, frustrating as the loss (especially the inability to cover Plaxico Burress) was, yeah, it's not too bad a feeling now at all. I guess it's kind of peaceful. I have so much going on right now--did the major moving into the new house this weekend, my in-laws were up to help, have to clean up the apartment and move more things over, back to teaching tomorrow, that I'm in kind of an overload fog now.

I will say I am delighted with the Packers' season. It's been a hell of a ride and so much more than I had expected. I've got to look at it like that. Maybe this will be kind of like the 1960 championship game loss that set up many wonderful things in Green Bay. Finally, I'm thankful for the Packer Rats board--I need commiseration this morning and my in-laws just don't understand :|

run pMc
01-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I hate watching the Packers lose.
(Especially to the Bears, Vikings, or Lions.)

A championship home game loss is a tough one to take, and I was pretty uneasy throughout this one for many reasons. Having said that, I never thought they'd be hosting this game this season...when the schedule came out I think I had them pegged at 6 or 7 wins, so in a way it's all gravy. After they made the playoffs and especially after the SEA game, I really got my hopes up.
Disappointed? In how the season ended, but not in the season itself. I shudder to remember the coaching tenures of Forrest Gregg and Lindy Infante.
At peace? Not completely, but few teams (certainly not the Bears, Vikings or Lions) can claim as successful a season.

The Leaper
01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm disappointed...but as the 4th quarter wore on, I just sat there thinking "Belichick is smiling somewhere".

Green Bay doesn't have the defense to compete with NE in good weather...hell, we can't even contain a hobbled Burress.

New York doesn't have the offense to compete with NE in good weather. They didn't get a big play all night. Everything was garbage underneath. SD did the same thing against NE Sunday...and got 12 points.

We had a great season...but our team is still young and inexperienced, and that includes the coaching staff. We have a chance to really improve this team in the offseason, and we should be a strong team again in 2008.

The result and how the game played out is also a strong reason for Favre to return in 2008...you can't end your career on that game.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm very proud of what the team accomplished this year. Def looking forward to next year and being even better.

I am not about to blame this loss on Favre, but too bad, the defense gave the Packers offense another chance to win the game in OT and they coughed, stumbled, and failed to even move the ball. Favre is a big boy that can either handle the critizism at this point or not and walk away. I would rather see Favre in Green Bay when May rolls around for Mini Camp, but thats not the point, he is the only one that can judge his play and whether or not he still has it.

I will be proud of this team in about a month and a half.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Am not at peace, I feel like shit right now. Who's to say we make that far again next year? We had a chance that happens only ever once and a while!!

Why the hell does Brett always throw a pick, what the hell is wrong with him. After the threw that first pick and Grant made the strip you could see his whole demeanor change.

The hell with that game and the hell with Favre and his dumb ass play.

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I think I've figured out what this feels like: You've probably worked out, gone hiking, or had some sort of exercise where you think, "Man, that hurts and I feel sore all over...but it's a good sore". That's where I'm at.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
NFC championships games at home don't come that often. Sure Packers surprised and did better than expected but that's BS when you're actually standing with one foot in the super bowl. This will sting and a return next season made harder. A loss in a SB vs Cheaters would not sting this badly. The Giants were better and that has to bring reality back to the avid Packer fan.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I remember when I was real young and took second in a wrestling tournament. I was really disappointed because I knew that I made a mistake and got caught on my back. My mom tried to cheer me up by telling me how far I came and that I should be proud that I made it as far as I did.

I didn't talk to her the rest of the night.

Vince Lombardi would not accept this concept of being proud after a team loss to go to the Super Bowl, and neither will I.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I remember when I was real young and took second in a wrestling tournament. I was really disappointed because I knew that I made a mistake and got caught on my back. My mom tried to cheer me up by telling me how far I came and that I should be proud that I made it as far as I did.

Vince Lombardi would not accept this concept of being proud after a team loss to go to the Super Bowl, and neither will I.

That basically how I feel right now.

Patler
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM

I respectfully submit that you are both confusing being a fan with being a participant.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM

I respectfully submit that you are both confusing being a fan with being a participant.

Thanks for the insight Cliff Christl. I didn't know you came around these parts. Nice to have you as part of the forum.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Being a fan or being a coach or player I look at competition the same exact way, a loss is just that a loss. I am not saying that this team is a failure, I am just not one to shower praise after a loss, or one to expect praise after a loss.

I take lossing extremely hard.

Patler
01-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Being a fan or being a coach or player I look at competition the same exact way, a loss is just that a loss. I am not saying that this team is a failure, I am just not one to shower praise after a loss, or one to expect praise after a loss.

I always did when I played, and when I coached, and when I was otherwise actively involved with a team. But not as a fan. What's the point? What can you do, or could you have done to change the outcome. Nothing. Players, coaches and others who are Packers should not be satisfied. But for a fan, it just is what it is.

As a fan I watch games just like I watch a movie, to be entertained. I have no personal stakes in the successes or failures of the team or any of the players, so whether they win or lose means little to me shortly after it is done. My day today is no different because they lost than if they had won. The loss yesterday did not diminish in any way the entertainment they provided going 14-3 before yesterday. The only difference and regret I have is that the Super Bowl will not be as interesting to me as if GB had been in it.

Successful teams and programs are built in increments. Hopefully 2007 was just a building block for the Packers, and not the pinnacle of the Thompson era.

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM

I always did when I played, and when I coached, and when I was otherwise actively involved with a team. But not as a fan. What's the point? What can you do, or could you have done to change the outcome. Nothing. Players, coaches and others who are Packers should not be satisfied. But for a fan, it just is what it is.

As a fan I watch games just like I watch a movie, to be entertained. I have no personal stakes in the successes or failures of the team or any of the players, so whether they win or lose means little to me shortly after it is done. My day today is no different because they lost than if they had won. The loss yesterday did not diminish in any way the entertainment they provided going 14-3 before yesterday. The only difference and regret I have is that the Super Bowl will not be as interesting to me as if GB had been in it.

Successful teams and programs are built in increments. Hopefully 2007 was just a building block for the Packers, and not the pinnacle of the Thompson era.

Patler, obviously you don't bet on the games or talk smack with you buddies at work. :)

Patler
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Patler, obviously you don't bet on the games or talk smack with you buddies at work. :)

You are certainly right about that! :D
The smack-talking thing seems pointless to me when I have no personal involvement in the contests, and I am much too much of a tight-wad to bet on anything! :lol: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 10:30 AM

Understandable.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Fan is short for fanatic; are fans to be compared to extremists? Extreme kool-aid? No! Drop the rhetorical jest; striving to win is what it's all about and when you lose - you pick yourself up and come back even harder...to win the super bowl.

Just a note; in my book a participant is one who's into a sports just to be social and chatty....and doesn't care about winning.

PA Pack Fan
01-21-2008, 11:41 AM
At peace with it?? Are you serious? If your fine with losing the biggest game in the last 10 years, your not only not a GB fan, your not a football fan period!

This ones a stinger. How close were we to the Super Bowl? About as close as you can get. Overtime for the NFC title. Holy crap, a chance you get about once every 10 years if your lucky.

Are you assuming we will just get better and better till we win it all. Better think again. Free agency can change a team in a hurry, next years schedule will not be a cakewalk, and we'll be picking almost last in the draft.
We have two corners that are shit and need replaced, an ancient qb, and half an offensive line thats over the hill.

These chances do not come often. Favre needs to retire.

Patler
01-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Fan is short for fanatic; are fans to be compared to extremists? Extreme kool-aid? No! Drop the rhetorical jest; striving to win is what it's all about and when you lose - you pick yourself up and come back even harder...to win the super bowl.

Just a note; in my book a participant is one who's into a sports just to be social and chatty....and doesn't care about winning.

But how do you as a fan "strive" to win?? There is nothing that a fan can do between now and next fall to change anything about the Packers. You may "want" to win, "hope" to win, or even "pray" to win; but the only ones who will make a difference are the "participants" who are the players, coaches and other staff members of the Packers.

I could be as fanatic as anyone, but it would make absolutely no difference in next season's outcome.

Jerry Tagge
01-21-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm crunchy.

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
But how do you as a fan "strive" to win?? There is nothing that a fan can do between now and next fall to change anything about the Packers. You may "want" to win, "hope" to win, or even "pray" to win; but the only ones who will make a difference are the "participants" who are the players, coaches and other staff members of the Packers.

I could be as fanatic as anyone, but it would make absolutely no difference in next season's outcome.

I think Patler's right. Knowing what you can do something about and what you can't makes life less like rolling a ball up a hill that always slips down. Remember Sisyphus?

Don't make me open up a can of The Serenity Prayer on y'all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
We have two corners that are shit and need replaced, an ancient qb, and half an offensive line thats over the hill.

Nomination for most hilariously ignorant post of the year. :lol:

rdanomly
01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm also a little relieved. Maybe this is too superstitious of me, but the losing team in the Super Bowl has pretty much imploded the following year for one reason or another. After the game started and things weren't clicking I found myself getting a little anxious about sweeking out a win and seeing the same level of play the following week against NE.

Maybe the football gods were holding us back from the SB looser doom for an even better run next season.

Of course if NE chokes and there is justice it would have been nice being the team that blemishes their perfect season in the SB..

Bossman641
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
At peace? Hell no

I guess the only thing that softened the blow is that you could see it coming the entire second half.

It just makes me angry that the team played like shit in the biggest game of the year. If they had came out punching and actually went down I'd understand. The entire team just layed down in this one, it didn't look like the team I had seen the previous 4 months.

Patler
01-21-2008, 01:54 PM
The entire team just layed down in this one, it didn't look like the team I had seen the previous 4 months.

It did somewhat resemble the team we saw in Chicago, but thankfully not quite as bad as then.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Seconded

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I'll be at peace when I'm dead. No peace right now for me from this game. Later on my perspective will probably change, but right now I see a lost opportunity.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 03:14 PM

Well put. I mistook your fan/participant part; I thought we were discussing various degrees of being a fan and certain values that follow fans. Players, coaches, owners, fans & the media is all one big nucleus. That was my take.

I have a cute story on why I follow the Packers but an important factor is also that Packers are winners. And I, along with many other participants surrounding the Packers, expect great things and Championships.

Packers will win the super bowl again - I know it's strange but Packers depict part of my personal values. The striving part is worth a whole damn lot in my world.

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Please send all cute stories on how you became a Packer fan to me...

GrnBay007
01-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I'll be at peace when I'm dead. No peace right now for me from this game. Later on my perspective will probably change, but right now I see a lost opportunity.

I just feel really bummed. It started setting in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I just really, really did not expect that type of game.

I'm not ready for it to be the offseason

I have no desire to watch the superbowl. The pats make me sick.

esoxx
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm also a little relieved. Maybe this is too superstitious of me, but the losing team in the Super Bowl has pretty much imploded the following year for one reason or another.

Check out how the Saints did this year after losing in the NFC Championship game last year.

There's not one bit of solace to be gleened from this loss.

The Packers had a golden opportunity to get to the Super Bowl and failed to seize the moment.

I'm certainly not a peace with how their season ended.

packinpatland
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Seconded

Need a third?...............you got it.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm also a little relieved. Maybe this is too superstitious of me, but the losing team in the Super Bowl has pretty much imploded the following year for one reason or another.

Check out how the Saints did this year after losing in the NFC Championship game last year.

There's not one bit of solace to be gleened from this loss.

The Packers had a golden opportunity to get to the Super Bowl and failed to seize the moment.

I'm certainly not a peace with how their season ended.

There is no peace; worst I've felt since we lost to Denver.

I expected to win this game. It's so hard to get to the NFC title game; it's far harder to get there than win that game. The Giants seized the moment while we let them come to our house and dominate us.

The more you think about the details the more disgusting it gets.

The Shadow
01-21-2008, 08:16 PM
The youngest roster in the NFL - that made the championship NFC game - will continue to season.
We will be competitive for years with the talent we have improving with experience, as well as the addition of new players.
This was not a team on its last legs trying for 'one last shot'.
It is a team that will only continue to mature.

BooHoo
01-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I am not at peace and am not ready for the season to be over. I really thought we would win this game. But as the game went on I could see the season ending. I lost all hope at the end of regulation when the giants attempted the FG. My spirits rose again after the miss. After we won the toss in OT, I thought, okay here we go to win the game. Next thing I knew we threw an INT and the game was soon over. :(

b bulldog
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
At peace :x I'm in mourning.

BooHoo
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
boo hoo, boo hoo :(

b bulldog
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Listened to a talk radio show this am and for 3 hours, they had the Packers and how everyone is doing after the loss as their topic.

BooHoo
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Maybe we need to begin a support group! :)

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Listened to a talk radio show this am and for 3 hours, they had the Packers and how everyone is doing after the loss as their topic.

I still can't listen, or watch anything to do with the Packers, especially nationally. I give you credit.

BooHoo
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I have stayed away from pack talk also. It is easier for now not to listen. I will again watch sports channels near the Super Bowl.

Now, which team do I want to win?

mission
01-21-2008, 10:50 PM

so would i ...

it's a just blunt of that southern PURP tho!

anyway, i can relate to this ...

i shut off my phone yesterday, refused to even check PR but had a feeling of "well, we didnt deserve to win this fucking game anyway"

im with you guys. giants beat us. straight up. not like that first bear game where i just felt so violated...

anyway... cough...

huh?

denverYooper
01-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I find peace in the fact that we're not the Lions. [/shiver]

Badgerinmaine
01-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Maybe we need to begin a support group! :)
This IS a support group! It's also cheaper than therapy and less confining than the psychiatric ward where my wife works. :mrgreen:

oregonpackfan
01-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Seconded

Need a third?...............you got it.

All in favor? Post "Aye!"

BallHawk
08-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I just watched the game on NFL Network. First time I watched it since the actual game. It's a form of self-torture. It's on again later today if anybody wants to punish themselves.

I still can't believe we didn't pick up that fumble that the Giants fumbled on the punt return in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Bush could of fallen on it, then it looked like another white dude coulda fallen on it (couldn't see his name)

I forgot how pathetic that 3 and out was at the end of the game. Incomplete pass, false start, incomplete pass, 5 yard pass to Lee. Punt.

Chevelle2
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I just watched the game on NFL Network. First time I watched it since the actual game. It's a form of self-torture. It's on again later today if anybody wants to punish themselves.

I still can't believe we didn't pick up that fumble that the Giants fumbled on the punt return in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Bush could of fallen on it, then it looked like another white dude coulda fallen on it (couldn't see his name)

I forgot how pathetic that 3 and out was at the end of the game. Incomplete pass, false start, incomplete pass, 5 yard pass to Lee. Punt.

I remember very little of the game, honestly....but I agree with your initial post in this thread.

Freak Out
08-15-2008, 02:46 PM

Did you beat yourself with a cat-o-nine tails while watching it? Ballhawk's true masochistic self is coming out.

pbmax
08-15-2008, 07:11 PM
No, I am still not at peace with this loss. As bad as the Division Playoff loss to the Eagles. Worse, actually, since it was the Championship.

KYPack
08-15-2008, 07:39 PM
No, I am still not at peace with this loss. As bad as the Division Playoff loss to the Eagles. Worse, actually, since it was the Championship.

We were that close, man.

I still think our younguns woulda got blown (blowed? up by the Pats.

RashanGary
08-15-2008, 07:41 PM
We were that close, man.

I still think our younguns woulda got blown (blowed? up by the Pats.

For sure. When that game was over I didn't feel an ounce of disappointment because I knew our guys didn't deserve to be there. The Giants earned that SB birth and eventual win. That was the best SB I've ever watched. I barely remember the 96 SB so this one stands out as being even more fun to me than that one.

falco
08-15-2008, 07:57 PM
in no way whatsoever was that game as bad as 4th and 26th

not even close

channtheman
08-16-2008, 12:26 AM
in no way whatsoever was that game as bad as 4th and 26th

not even close

NOOOO! Why did you have to remind me of that game!? I remember how disappointing that was.