PDA

View Full Version : Every season ends in disappointment

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
unless you win the super bowl. So 31 out of 32 teams are pissed off. Just the way it works.

packers11
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
not if your the lions, your outcome is expected... :lol:

BF4MVP
01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
True.

Would we have felt any better if we had been beaten in the Super Bowl instead of the NFC championship game? I'd doubt it.

But it would have been nice to give ourselves a chance to knock off the Pats.

BallHawk
I would of been happy with losing in the Super Bowl, but that's just me. Making it there is an accomplishment in itself. Making it this far and falling short hurts. But, hell, you get over it.

What you say is true. We were privileged to make it this far. We did what 28 teams couldn't. That's an accomplishment.

I look forward to next season and hope it turns out better than this one. Keep on hoping for better.

4and12to12and4

:lol: :lol:

Brohm
01-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Blowing homefield advatage and having your opponent crowned NRC champs blows. As close as the score was it just did not even seem like a competitive game.

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 10:51 PM
True Blue Dog....but this one hurts a bit more....I think old #4 is done...meaning he will call it quits whether we think he has something left or not. The Giants had us..and kept us in the game...even with all the help we had we were done. The offense had nothing when it counted the most and the defense was tired out. Harris was worked and the coaching staff never responded. Pretty sad end to an era.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:54 PM
True Blue Dog....but this one hurts a bit more....I think old #4 is done...meaning he will call it quits whether we think he has something left or not. The Giants had us..and kept us in the game...even with all the help we had we were done. The offense had nothing when it counted the most and the defense was tired out. Harris was worked and the coaching staff never responded. Pretty sad end to an era.

Can anyone explain to me why MM didn't change our defense, and the way we covered Plexy? He did such a great job all year. Or did he, and I just didn't notice. Are we even capable of double covering, or does that screw up our defensive scheme? Anyone?

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
maybe they could have tried matching Aaron Rouse with Burress.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm sure MM just figured Al would get it together. I mean look at his stats from the year. NOONE had a game like that against him. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm sure MM just figured Al would get it together. I mean look at his stats from the year. NOONE had a game like that against him. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

T.O. dominated Harris. Both guys are tall and physical. Connection?

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm sorry...but when he comes by the coaching staff and starts taunting after torching you for over a 100 yards in the first half you make a adjustment. take him out of the game. Ok...the giants had the weapons tonight...the change up RBs killed us in the 2nd half.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:04 PM

T.O. dominated Harris. Both guys are tall and physical. Connection?

I forgot about TO, but he's a special player (when he's not dropping the ball), some credit has to go to Manning, he threw some balls that were right on the money when Al had good coverage, and Plexy made some crazy good sideline catches too.

Scott Campbell
01-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Our team is on the way up. I'm not dissapointed.

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 12:05 AM

Not only that but if you are a Lions fan, you can bet that Matt Millan will automatically make your 1st round draft pick a WR!

LL2
01-21-2008, 07:30 AM
How come it seems like every playoff seasons ends with a Favre INT?

pbmax
01-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Plaxico didn't cost us the game. Turnovers, lack of offense and no pass rush did. The D was gassed by the fourth quarter.

23 points was not insurmountable. Except for our offense.

Can anyone explain to me why MM didn't change our defense, and the way we covered Plexy? He did such a great job all year. Or did he, and I just didn't notice. Are we even capable of double covering, or does that screw up our defensive scheme? Anyone?

pbmax
01-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I wonder if Kampman was tired, or if teams have figured him out? He didn't have struggle in much of the second half of the season.

run pMc
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
They rolled a safety over to help Al more in the 2nd half, and Burress didn't do as much damage. He was killing Al in the 1st half though...and Eli was mostly on target. The pass rush didn't get to Eli enough to make him nervous, and I agree the disparity in time of possession really gassed the D. Like many games, it was won/lost in the trenches. GB didn't run well on O, and didn't rush the passer well on D.

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 09:35 AM
:)

Or the Cardinals :P

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I would of been happy with losing in the Super Bowl, but that's just me. Making it there is an accomplishment in itself. Making it this far and falling short hurts. But, hell, you get over it.

What you say is true. We were privileged to make it this far. We did what 28 teams couldn't. That's an accomplishment.

I look forward to next season and hope it turns out better than this one. Keep on hoping for better.

Well said, BH.