PDA

View Full Version : What now?

Partial
01-20-2008, 11:09 PM
So what happens now? Does Favre come back? Are we going to be one of those teams that cannot recover? Can we expect to be a darn good team next year? The Bears kept pretty much their same team intact and they took a huge step back. What adjustments need to be made before next season to get past this game? Does this remind you of 1996 when we lost to the Cowboys?

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
mass suicide

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Frankly, Partial, I don't give a damn.

Partial
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM

Somebody has a little florida sand in their vagina.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:13 PM

:lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
The Bears were Super Bowl losers. That curse does not apply to this game. Our boys will be back next year and will be competitive next year.

4and12to12and4
hey, Partial, where did you end up watching the game? Where are you now?

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Somebody has a little florida sand in their vagina.

Nah, it's just a little "windy" down here. :lol:

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Group sex. I just came back from the neighbors...always helps me get over a tough loss.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Group sex. I just came back from the neighbors...always helps me get over a tough loss.

Showoff.

cpk1994
01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
The Bears were Super Bowl losers. That curse does not apply to this game. Our boys will be back next year and will be competitive next year.Also keep in mind that the Bears were an aging team, not a very young team like the Packers.

NewsBruin
01-20-2008, 11:38 PM

Quick.

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 11:41 PM

Quick.

Have to work in the morning. :wink:

Partial
01-20-2008, 11:52 PM
hey, Partial, where did you end up watching the game? Where are you now?

Back home. I caught the 1st half and first series of 2nd half in Tampa. I am watching the end now. Depressing.

oregonpackfan
01-20-2008, 11:56 PM
[. Our boys will be back next year and will be competitive next year.[/quote]

I agree. We need to remember the Packers are a very young team. They will be even more mature, more experienced, and more confident next year.

Partial
01-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Here's hoping that is true. We seem to have a pretty tough schedule next year with our best players being our oldest players at key positions. Personally, I am hopeful we see a whole new level out of three guys in particular: Aaron Rouse, Brandon Jackson and Justin Harrell. If all three of those guys become bonafide players, then the Packers are going to even better I would think.

Deputy Nutz
01-21-2008, 12:07 AM
So what happens now? Does Favre come back? Are we going to be one of those teams that cannot recover? Can we expect to be a darn good team next year? The Bears kept pretty much their same team intact and they took a huge step back. What adjustments need to be made before next season to get past this game? Does this remind you of 1996 when we lost to the Cowboys?

Those are some really good questions, painful ones at that. This Packer team over extended in most peoples' eyes this year, and instead of having a 27 year old QB in his prime they have a 38 year old QB that just came off a remarkable year that would be phenomenal if he could repeat the same magic at 39. The Packer lost to the Cowboys was sling shot for 1996, this loss at home, with all the advantages possible was nothing but a let down.

Giants out played the Packers, but it was still a let down of unbelievable proportions.

The team is strong and deep at Wide Receiver, although Koren Robinson's play on Sunday night had me ready to throw up. the offensive line has age concerns at tackle, and the interior hasn't improved to the point where it is not a concern. Running back is really young, and is lacking proof of consistent success over a season.

Defensively, the defensive line will lose the only key free agent in Cory Williams, but it was a key part to the defensive line, Kampman needs someone to give him a break and the fact that at defensive end, the Packers can go only three deep. Montgomery saw action in the playoffs, but has not shown anything that secures a roster spot. Linebackers are settle at two positions, weak and middle. Poppinga is just too one demensional and average to just have the job on the strongside in 2008, he needs competition and guys like Hodge, Bishop, and most likely a draft pick or two will be in position to battle. Depth is also a serious concern at linebacker. Like the offensive line the Packers corners are aging like the tackles on offense, and will eventually need to be replaced. Will Blackmon along with Williams and Bush simply haven't shown enough promise to be considered legitimate replacements. The Packers safeties are still a unit in question, can Bigby be a legitimate starter in 2008? Can he improve his coverage abilities? Can Rouse take Collin's job?

CyclonePackFan
01-21-2008, 12:10 AM
What now?

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a couplea hard, pipe-hittin' brothers who'll go to work on Brady, with a pair of pliers, and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', prettyboy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

I meant what now between me and you?

Oh, that what now. I'm gonna drown my sorrows. You're on your own. :cry:

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 02:34 AM
First we watch the Patriots beat up on the Giants. Then we cheer for the Bucks during free agency :lol: and anxiously await the NFL Draft.

mmmdk
01-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Does this remind you of 1996 when we lost to the Cowboys?

No!

Packers of the nineties were proven and scary good at times. 2007 Packers took the world by surprise which you can build on. It's just one season though. Next season starts with an 0-0 record and a lot wins are needed to get to the NFC Champiomship again.