PDA

View Full Version : For everyone who went to the game

Freak Out
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Hats off to you folks.

:worship:

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
To show our dedication, we should've all watched the game from our patios, porches, etc. just to get the feel for the game ... NOT.

Jimx29
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
hell, I was sitting in my lazyboy WITHOUT a shawl on my legs i'll have you know!!! :?

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
To show our dedication, we should've all watched the game from our patios, porches, etc. just to get the feel for the game ... NOT.

Judging the reaction from many of the posters on here, I don't think the neighbors would of liked that.

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
hell, I was sitting in my lazyboy WITHOUT a shawl on my legs i'll have you know!!! :?

LOL, you, my friend, are truly a soldier.

MJZiggy
01-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I didn't even have a fire going (used the space heater instead :oops: ) And my dog is too stupid to figure out how to sit on my lap and keep me warm...

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Hats off to you folks.

:worship:

I agree. What a brutally cold game to attend, shout yourself hoarse, and freeze your ass.

I still remember my Wisconsin below zero winter days where the highlight of the day was celebrating my car started!

ecwiscott
01-21-2008, 01:17 AM
I would appreciate some comments from people who went to the game. Did you feel cold? Have you ever spent 3 and a half hours in such cold weather before? How many layers of clothing did you wear? Have you thawed out yet?

Thank you for the time.

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Their fingers might work again tomorrow...

Fosco33
01-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Cold but not unbearable. Couldn't complain.

Layers, hand warmers, great boots, beer and screaming...

Most people I talked to didn't complain about the cold - although you could feel a little wind and a drop in temp in the 4th Q.

I also partied outside before the game from 1pm.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Cold, but not freezing. I wore boots for the first time in ten years though. Ditto for the warmers in the boots. I was dressed right. Wore a long sleeve turtle neck, sweatshirt, and warm Packer winter coat. Winter Hat and Ski facemask thingy to keep lips/nose warm when I was not yelling.

It was hands down the coldest game at Lambeau I've went to in the 25 years I've been attending games. Hands down.

Honestly I was quite disappointed overall in the crowd. Colin Cower was shooting his trap off about how the GB crowd would not make the same noise as it did last week against Seattle due to the extreme cold conditions.

I didn't believe it, but he was right.

There were some loud times, but overall the crowd was not nearly as loud as it should have been in my opinion.

twoseven
01-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Bretsky..You may feel like Lambeau could have cheered harder, but you guys and gals were freaking loud. We have surround speakers hooked up that only put out crowd noise to either side of your head for the televised games. This was easily the Loudest I've ever heard Lambeau, and you guys kept it up all night, even when the team was stepping on it's toes. Usually outdoor Lambeau is fairly muted during broadcasts, even when the crowd is making lots of noise. But last night you guys rivaled the sound output of a dome at playoff time. I am impressed! Thanks for stepping up when you had to and doing a fantastic job in Antarctic weather!

ND72
01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Tailgating from 1-4:30 was chilly. of course I didn't wear all my layers then yet. We had a woodburner, but you had to damn near sit on it to feel it.

While in the game, I honestly was pretty warm, of course I'm 300 pounds, and my buddy is 300 pounds, so I had that going for me. To top it off, and I'm not kidding you, I had the adhessive body warmers all of me, 30 of them to be exactly. on my shoulders, 2 on my back, 2 on my stomach, 2 in my hands (4 total), 2 on my thighs, 2 on my calves, 2 on my ankles, 3 in my shoes, 1 on my butt, 1 in my stocking cap, 2 in my facemask....basically anywhere I could find a place ot put something warm, I put it. Plus I had 3 layers of clothing and then my hunting bibs and jacket. I was gonna stay warm.

After the game, when the chill finally caught up to me, I got REAL cold.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 04:37 PM
The coldest chill was the chill of defeat. :|

GrnBay007
01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Kudos to all the PackerRats that attended the game ...and all faithful Packer fans. I couldn't imagine sitting outside for 3 hours in that weather.

gbpackfan
01-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, I was there. And to be honest, I wasn't cold. I know how to dress for games like these. My toes got cold at the end though.

But the worst feeling, was the sting of the loss. Damn, the Favre INT in OT hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was sooooo excited after the Giants missed the FG and then even more excited when we won the coin toss. But that INT, yuck. It wrecked me.

I am better today. And will be better tomorrow.

It was a great season and I was at every game. I can't complain too much about seeing 9 wins out of 12 games at Lambeau (preseason and playoffs included).

Freak Out
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
It wasn't so much the weather that I made the post...more so having that long walk/drive home after that king of an ending.

Joemailman
01-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I would agree with the consensus here that it was cold, but bearable. Of course, I had the advantage of being in the southwest corner of the stadium where the wind was not much of a factor.

It was difficult for me to judge the crowd noise given that the hat I was wearing tends to muffle noise around me. I did think MM missed a chance to really get the crowd in the game from the outset by having the starting defense introduced to the crowd instead of the offense. I think the place would have gone nuts if Favre and Grant had been introduced.

packinpatland
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Who gets intruduced...............is that the coaches decision? Do they alternate, what goes into deciding?

ND72
01-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I would agree with the consensus here that it was cold, but bearable. Of course, I had the advantage of being in the southwest corner of the stadium where the wind was not much of a factor.

It was difficult for me to judge the crowd noise given that the hat I was wearing tends to muffle noise around me. I did think MM missed a chance to really get the crowd in the game from the outset by having the starting defense introduced to the crowd instead of the offense. I think the place would have gone nuts if Favre and Grant had been introduced.

WTMJ this morning said the NFL rule in the playoffs, if you have back to back home games, you must announce the opposite of what you announced in game 1.

DannoMac21
01-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah it was brutal out there, but my 5 layers kept my warm. Was fun to attend though. Great season Pack.

Fosco33
01-21-2008, 09:15 PM
It wasn't so much the weather that I made the post...more so having that long walk/drive home after that king of an ending.

Ending was surreal. Fans exited the stadium in record time. Oh - and the Giants weren't taunting the fans after the game - they found a decent contingent of Giants fans in the North Endzone and were cheering with them.

Very sad loss. Packer/staff were out of the stadium in under a min. No one said a word leaving the stadium - about 72000 zombies. I saw some young people crying and most others just a 20 ft stare. Giants fans didn't say anything - although I did tell 'em to go after Brady.

Drive home sucked. It took forever to get out of the area - lots of cops on the way back and all you can think of is - WTF? I think going to work today was worse (I work w/ people from all over the country) - way to much simpathy.

I'm not disappointed - I'm pissed off. Pack played like shit and deserved to lose. Wasn't a heartbreaker or a fluke.

Bossman641
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
I wasn't at the game, but from listening to the crowd I thought they weren't very loud. Of course, I'm sure it's hard to stay loud when it's -4 and the team is giving you nothing to cheer about.

Last week against the Seahawks was the loudest Packers game I've ever heard, to me at least.

Bretsky
01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
I wasn't at the game, but from listening to the crowd I thought they weren't very loud. Of course, I'm sure it's hard to stay loud when it's -4 and the team is giving you nothing to cheer about.

Last week against the Seahawks was the loudest Packers game I've ever heard, to me at least.

I agree that we were not as loud

As far as the temp excuse, that's crap. I was disappointed that the crowd was not louder. We did not disrupt Eli enough; maybe it would not have mattered....but maybe it would have.

I'd also agree that Seattle was the loudest I've ever witnessed.

gbpackfan
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
It was way louder at the Seahawk game. The cold and lack of rythm / big plays made it harder for the crowd to get as loud last night. Next year is right around the corner. I am getting pumped already!