PDA

View Full Version : My rant... Keep getting jixed... "Always next year"

packers11
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Next year seems like forever right now... I know there is a good chance next year, but all that "destiny" feeling I had about this season... I SHOULD HAVE F!@$!@!N KNOWN!!!

When 2003 hit and Favre's dad died and we barley snuck into playoffs I thought that was going to be the magical season also... Then 4th and 26 hit, and I basically wanted to go outside and get hit by a car...

Now... In 2003 my uncle was watching the game with me and once the pack were up 14-3 against the eagles, he said that the game was over and the packers were going to win... I knew right there that he jinxed it, it was all over...

Fast forward to 2008... My grandma calls me at halftime telling me that it was a good game and that she was happy that my team won (thinking it was the end of the game...) There once again, someone has to call me during a game and say something so stupid...

It might just be my superstitious self but I can't stand being jinxed... Next season if we go into the playoffs, im isolating myself in a room with no phones and no people... I can't take being jinxed over and over...

Then today... Thinking that the destiny feeling would kick in once again and Tynes would miss his third field goal, could have not been more wrong... It was to good to be true... The packers didn't show up and it puts a hole in my heart, and probably will for the next couple of years (unless they go to the Superbowl soon)...

4th and 26 has slowly died down on my heart, I can remember the play like it was yesterday but it doesn't bother me as much... But I guess the packers added a new burden to my head... The NFC championship game that was set up perfectly for them to win and go to the superbowl...

Now I have to go around town tomorrow getting my ba!!s busted from arrogant pats fans who know jack shit about football... Ok ... I'm done with my rant... I hate new york, I hate the pats, I hope it ends up in a tie (somehow), or the pats get disqualified for cheating once again... I'm going to bed... Goodnight!!! :(

4and12to12and4
01-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Goodnight, and I love your passion for the Pack. We are all disappointed. It was a rough home loss. Man, losing at home in the playoffs. Disgusting!!

BallHawk
01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
If you would like I could come up with a list of motivational sport cliches.