PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain Something To Me

Chevelle2
01-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Man I dont get it. I am in tears right now. You invest so much emotion, year after year. From the Moss fiasco, to the draft, to training camp, to fantasy football where I had a bunch of Packers, to wasting time on message boards for hours on end, to the first game, to the records Favre set this year, to the OT win in Denver.

All this damn emotion invested into complete strangers. Every year, for nothing. NOTHING. Nothing good has come.

And I dont know why, but come next season, like someone in an insane asylum, I will do the same thing all over again.

Good night Packers. Good night Brett Favre. I love you very much.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/thegreenbaypackers/reg531.jpg

Scott Campbell
01-21-2008, 05:13 AM
I had fun this season.

SkinBasket
01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
NOTHING. Nothing good has come.

Not to kick you while you're down, but if you didn't get any enjoyment out of this season - or any season that doesn't end with winning the Super Bowl, you might want to re-evaluate why you're watching the game. There was a literal shitload of great moments this year, both team and individual. There were a lot of great games. Claiming that all amounts to nothing doesn't make much sense to me.

red
01-21-2008, 07:41 AM
hey, this season was a lot better than any of us could have ever imagined at the beginning of the year

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 08:43 AM
It was 3 months of excitement--a fantastic roller coaster ride where you start low with modest (to say the least for some) expectations and then you rise to the top of that first hill and come speeding down twisting and turning along the track enjoying the highs and the loops but each season, the 4-month long ride gets back to the station. Then we have to wait in a 2-hour long line to do it again.

oregonpackfan
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Do the numbers "13-3" bring any consolation to you? Geez, most of us predicted an 8-8 season.

Most of us fantasized a possible wildcard bid. The Packers ended up in the NFC Championship!

We want it all and we want it all right now--that is part of being a fan. The reality is that these gutsy players exceeded most everyone's expectations.

I am proud of our team. :)

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Almost anything worth having in life involves risk, and in particular the chance things won't work out the way we want. That's part of what makes good times so sweet. I'm glad for the opportunity to watch an incredibly exciting game with something important really on the line. I regret the outcome but don't have any other regrets.

dissident94
01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
I agree with the first poster. Games like this make me wonde why I follow sports. Why do I care what these guys do on a playing field so much? In many ways it makes no sens at all. In life in general what happened yesterday was meaningless. But we are all depressed.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
I know how you guys feel. You devote time, money, and you put your heart into the season. You lose and you say "Well, that was for nothing."

But it wasn't.

To see Favre dance around like a kid after the OT game in Denver. To see a kid from nowhere become a great RB. To see a group of guys become brothers, all trying to achieve the same goal.

It's for those reasons we love sports.

Sports are a roller coaster. The Pats are now a dynasty, but they were once the laughing-stock of the league. Things change.

No matter what team you root for, more often than not you're going to end up a loser, without a championship. You're going to be disappointed, depressed, angry.

But why do you go on?

You go on because you keep on hoping that one day your team will hoist that trophy in the air. That they'll be champions. And at that moment you feel a joy inside of you incomparable to anything.

And that's what's what makes it worth it.

dissident94
01-21-2008, 09:56 AM
It still makes no sense. Why care? Even if you win the whole thing what does it really matter? I devote so much time to this crap. I follow badher basketball and th brewers. I watch nearly every brewer game. Why? After games like this it really makes me what to change things and quit caring so much. It isn't worth it.

Cheesehead Craig
01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
It still makes no sense. Why care? Even if you win the whole thing what does it really matter? I devote so much time to this crap. I follow badher basketball and th brewers. I watch nearly every brewer game. Why? After games like this it really makes me what to change things and quit caring so much. It isn't worth it.
What the hell is badher basketball?

Suck it up and quit being such a wuss.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 10:06 AM

Spoken like a true Brewer fan.

I'm a big Brewer fan, too. And it's tough. Every season we think "this is going to be the year. The young guys are going to gel and we're going to make it."

But then our pitching staff implodes and our bats go cold. And Yost says "we tried and everything is super."

Only thing is that the Pack lost in the championship round. As Brewer fans, we're still waiting to go to the playoffs. For God's sake, it's been 15 years.

That being said, this is the year we make the postseason. :D

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2008, 10:10 AM
"Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing."

rdanomly
01-21-2008, 11:33 AM
For the rats like me that live outside of Wisco (to make things worse for me, within the local market of another NFL team) this beyond expectations season means more televised games next year. That is something worth looking forward to next year all by itself.

Patler
01-21-2008, 11:49 AM
For the rats like me that live outside of Wisco (to make things worse for me, within the local market of another NFL team) this beyond expectations season means more televised games next year. That is something worth looking forward to next year all by itself.

Good point! Especially if Favre returns. One of these years they will broadcast his farewell tour of the league!

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Only if he admits ahead of time that a given season will be his last.

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Absolutely! I'm in the same boat. Great point.

packrulz
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
It is depressing Chevelle2, I assume you're younger because over the years I've learned not to build up too high of expectations in the playoff games, all the experts predicted the Packers to win because it was cold and in Lambeau, but it's cold in NY too and the Giants were on a 9 game winning streak on the road, so I was hopeful but braced myself from past losses. Still, it wasn't like the Packers got smoked, the game went into OT, and the Pack was one or two plays from being in the Super Bowl. The good news is the 2nd youngest team in the league got playoff experience, they extended the contract of the GM Ted Thompson and probably will extend the contract of the head coach Mike McCarthy, and I believe the Packers will be even better next year and will be in the Super Bowl, they just aren't ready right now. If it was easy then it wouldn't be as much fun, seriously. As for now, I'm rooting for the Giants!

Patler
01-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Only if he admits ahead of time that a given season will be his last.

What I meant was that for several years they have been doing it because "it could be his last". they will keep doing it, because one of these years they will be right!

Until he is gone or fades miserably, they will get a few prime time games just because of Favre. They get a few more if the team is good.

BallHawk
01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
It is depressing Chevelle2, I assume you're younger because over the years I've learned not to build up too high of expectations in the playoff games, all the experts predicted the Packers to win because it was cold and in Lambeau, but it's cold in NY too and the Giants were on a 9 game winning streak on the road, so I was hopeful but braced myself from past losses. Still, it wasn't like the Packers got smoked, the game went into OT, and the Pack was one or two plays from being in the Super Bowl. The good news is the 2nd youngest team in the league got playoff experience, they extended the contract of the GM Ted Thompson and probably will extend the contract of the head coach Mike McCarthy, and I believe the Packers will be even better next year and will be in the Super Bowl, they just aren't ready right now. If it was easy then it wouldn't be as much fun, seriously. As for now, I'm rooting for the Giants!

Good post.

packrulz
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Check this out and you will see what it means to be a true Packer fan: http://www.theonceinalifetimefan.com/

packers11
01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
chev I see were you are coming from.... You feel like the team is destined to go all the way... Its like someone just punched you in the stomach over and over and over... This one will take about 2-3 years to forget about (like 4th and 26)... They need to get back to the playoffs soon so this doesn't stick in my head forever...

Chevelle2
01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
chev I see were you are coming from.... You feel like the team is destined to go all the way... Its like someone just punched you in the stomach over and over and over... This one will take about 2-3 years to forget about (like 4th and 26)... They need to get back to the playoffs soon so this doesn't stick in my head forever...

My heart says we will sure up some holes and back, better than ever.

I dont even know what my head says.