PDA

View Full Version : The "other" Manning.

Patler
01-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Overall, I was impressed with his play. I've watched this and most of the Dallas game. He is a different QB than we saw earlier this season, and different from what I remember in past years. He threw very well and seemed to make few bad decisions.

I believe Eli Manning may have finally "arrived". QBs can take a while to get their feet on the ground in the NFL. He may have struggled with confidence and expectations due to the success of big brother Peyton, but he seems to have gotten beyond that and may have found himself.

The Giants look to be OK at QB with him.

Tarlam!
01-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Well, I have to begrudgingly give the guy kudos. I am one of his biggest anti-fans since his draft day shenanigans. I absolutely hated him for his conduct towards SD.

But, he made the SB before the other team did.

I'll take my crow well seasoned, please. And pass the ketchup!

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Couldn't he have been the Eli of old for just one more game??

Scott Campbell
01-21-2008, 08:31 AM
It took Eli less time than Peyton to reach the Superbowl, and I think he has inferior supporting talent. He's a good QB.

Patler
01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
It took Eli less time than Peyton to reach the Superbowl, and I think he has inferior supporting talent. He's a good QB.

Some might argue that he has had fewer obstacles in his path to the Super Bowl than Peyton had based on the quality of the competition.

The other thing is defense. There was a time when if the Colts scored only 30 points the outcome was "ify" at best!

MJZiggy
01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
There is one thing I have to give Eli props for. At the end of the game when everyone was running around on the field and just partying, they showed a shot of Eli with this strange look on his face and he told a security guard "I think it was section 100 or something down front." And he just stood there searching the stands. I think he was looking for his g/f which I think is kinda sweet. While everyone else was thinking of themselves and whooping it up, he looked very distressed at not being able to find her.

Partial
01-21-2008, 10:36 AM

Some might argue that he has had fewer obstacles in his path to the Super Bowl than Peyton had based on the quality of the competition.

The other thing is defense. There was a time when if the Colts scored only 30 points the outcome was "ify" at best!

Eli doesn't have the same level of Weapons as Peyton had/has. I always thought people were a little quick to jump the gun and label him a bust.

Patler
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Eli doesn't have the same level of Weapons as Peyton had/has. I always thought people were a little quick to jump the gun and label him a bust.

I don't think too many labeled him a bust, until perhaps early this season when he was struggling in his fourth year. He had started 2 1/2 seasons and still should tremendous inconsistency, even "jitteriness". He has overcome both recently.

Following in the footsteps of his father and brother can not be easy.